The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108750)

11-15-2012 02:30 PM

Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL
 
Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL

Excerpts...

Now it's toward the end of the game. Miller was on a pass rush, got knocked to the ground, crawled and wrapped his arms around quarterback Cam Newton's legs near the ankles. Another Broncos players hit Newton high, but Miller got the penalty for roughing the passer.

Not only did Miller get penalized for hitting below the quarterback's knees, but the league fined him $21,000 Thursday. Miller said he will appeal.

"How am I supposed to know if he threw the ball or not?" Miller said. "I was down on the ground — actually the guard facemasked me and threw me into the quarterback. I'm supposed to what? Stand straight up and continue with the tackle?"


Another Broncos defensive player, Kevin Vickerson, was fined $15,000 for his horsecollar penalty while sacking Newton.


Read more: Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz2CKiiekR7

11-15-2012 02:34 PM

Absolutely ridiculous.

Smilin Assassin 11-15-2012 02:38 PM

Ok wow.

Any fine of that amount should only be given when there is 'clear intent to injure'.

This is sad.

MileHighMagic 11-15-2012 02:39 PM

That is called stealing and an abuse of power. The NFL has lost their minds with these fines. Von did absolutely nothing wrong. Do they expect him to just quit on the play?

Crushisback 11-15-2012 02:42 PM

When did penalties stop being enough onplays where there was no obvious intent to injure or play outside the rules?

What's next Goodell?

11-15-2012 02:44 PM

tack on another 10 grand for talking back to daddy

crush17 11-15-2012 02:47 PM

Pathetic. **** you Ginger Hammer.

baja 11-15-2012 02:50 PM

No good for football

Chris 11-15-2012 02:55 PM

Where's the petition?

****ing bs. At least I wish Von could read these threads and know ordinary fans think so too.

Requiem 11-15-2012 03:58 PM

Lick my 9, Roger.

ColoradoDarin 11-15-2012 04:01 PM

Makes me want to pay a couple hundred $ to go to a game Roge....

bronco militia 11-15-2012 04:09 PM

holy crap...and that wasn't even a horse collar!!!

11-15-2012 04:11 PM

But hey guys, it's HD TV ruining the game.

ZONA 11-15-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3727191)
Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL

Excerpts...

Now it's toward the end of the game. Miller was on a pass rush, got knocked to the ground, crawled and wrapped his arms around quarterback Cam Newton's legs near the ankles. Another Broncos players hit Newton high, but Miller got the penalty for roughing the passer.

Not only did Miller get penalized for hitting below the quarterback's knees, but the league fined him $21,000 Thursday. Miller said he will appeal.

"How am I supposed to know if he threw the ball or not?" Miller said. "I was down on the ground actually the guard facemasked me and threw me into the quarterback. I'm supposed to what? Stand straight up and continue with the tackle?"


Another Broncos defensive player, Kevin Vickerson, was fined $15,000 for his horsecollar penalty while sacking Newton.


Read more: Broncos' Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson fined by NFL - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...#ixzz2CKiiekR7

Just the league collecting their usual fees. It's like the saying goes, there are only 2 things you have to do, die and pay taxes. For NFL players it's 3 (Death, Taxes and NFL fines).

Kaylore 11-15-2012 04:14 PM

This is a reaction to 4 starting qb's getting knocked out of the game last week. Apparently all defenders must be stopped.

Jetmeck 11-15-2012 05:00 PM

GODdell at it again. I love every time this dictator is taken to court and made to look stupid.

lonestar 11-15-2012 05:25 PM

and how many of y'all would be saying hooray if it had been done to someone doing that to Manning..

MileHighMagic 11-15-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3727322)
and how many of y'all would be saying hooray if it had been done to someone doing that to Manning..

Did you see the play?

11-15-2012 05:38 PM

The pink league. All fluff these days

BroncoMan4ever 11-15-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3727322)
and how many of y'all would be saying hooray if it had been done to someone doing that to Manning..

He didn't dive at the legs. Is he supposed to quit on the playbecause a OL took him to the ground? It wasn't dirty or cheap.

maher_tyler 11-15-2012 06:22 PM

Can he be the Commish for as long as he wants?? What does it take for him to be replaced? He's ruining the NFL!

baja 11-15-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3727349)
Can he be the Commish for as long as he wants?? What does it take for him to be replaced? He's ruining the NFL!

a rib injury and a pick up game???

Broncos_OTM 11-15-2012 06:53 PM

I would have been OK if it was manning. Didn't look to injure. Game on

Jekyll15Hyde 11-15-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3727270)
holy crap...and that wasn't even a horse collar!!!

this

lonestar 11-15-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileHighMagic (Post 3727328)
Did you see the play?

Yes, I did, it is what it is..

Like I said had it been reversed on Manning the cry foul would have been loud and obnoxious on the OM..


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.