The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   According to Chris Harris, DJ to play MLB on Sunday (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108684)

11-13-2012 08:16 PM

According to Chris Harris, DJ to play MLB on Sunday

According to Chris Harris in his interview with Spano about 20 minutes ago, DJ will be playing MLB Sunday :strong:

https://www.twitter.com/#!/brandonspano

Quote:

You just can't take Wood out the game right now, I think you'll see DJ in more of the 'Mike' role on Sunday.
Getting our three best LBs on the field? FANTASTIC, can't wait!

TD4HOF 11-13-2012 08:19 PM

H.O.L.Y. S.H.E.E.T.

Let's GO!

baja 11-13-2012 08:34 PM

LOL

Why they can't do that. The Orange Mane did not sign off on that. Something is very wrong here.

TD4HOF 11-13-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3725913)
LOL

Why they can't do that. The Orange Mane did not sign off on that. Something is very wrong here.

Something about coaches getting their best players on the field. Weird stuff.

BroncoFanDoug 11-13-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3725913)
LOL

Lonestar gonna be mad...

baja 11-13-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug (Post 3725931)
Lonestar gonna be mad...

I'm sure the reason he has not posted here is because he is on a flight to Dove Valley. Don't worry he'll get this straightened out

Missouribronc 11-13-2012 09:08 PM

Not shocking. He's the best pure linebacker on the roster.

Lestat 11-13-2012 09:12 PM

hell why not? he's our best pure LB, it keeps Woodyard on the field and balling out.
hell if he plays well enough we might not have to spend a 1st rounder on MLB so we can focus on DL or RB if there is a top notch guy available.

DBroncos4life 11-13-2012 09:15 PM

I'm shocked ROFL!

Broncoman13 11-13-2012 09:17 PM

I expect Brookings to start and DJ gets limited reps.

Jetmeck 11-13-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug (Post 3725931)
Lonestar gonna be mad...

All the better. He having bad couple weeks. Unions helped put Obama back in as well. His head gonna explode.

Jetmeck 11-13-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouribronc (Post 3725938)
Not shocking. He's the best pure linebacker on the roster.

true...........best players on the field

Tombstone RJ 11-13-2012 09:21 PM

hmmm... I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Ratboy 11-13-2012 09:29 PM

I don't understand why people think he won't play. He's an important asset to that defense and can only make it better.

Lestat 11-13-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratboy (Post 3725952)
I don't understand why people think he won't play. He's an important asset to that defense and can only make it better.

cause some people actually think he's not our best pure LB. :spit:

Kaylore 11-13-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratboy (Post 3725952)

Well, aside from me floating the idea of him playing the mike a few weeks ago, let me play devil's advocate on this.

1. The team could be legitimately pissed and wants to set an example.
2. Team chemistry: Fox is old school and comes from the mind set of "go to war with the team you came out of camp with." Also he could not want to "fix" what clearly isn't broken.
3. They are playing pretty well without him.

I think he'll play, though. When you look at how tight ends have killed us, his athleticism can help there.

BigPlayShay 11-13-2012 09:59 PM

Mike in the Nickle, but not full time.

lonestar 11-13-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

You just can't take Wood out the game right now, I think you'll see DJ in more of the 'Mike' role on Sunday.
key in that comment is think..

Was not aware he had been promoted to DC or LB coach..

for those expecting him to be on the team next year, IMO it is getting him ready for trading when it opens up in the off season..

But then I could be all wrong about Elway wanting a few good MEN.. opposed to a bunch of knuckle heads..

Nothing that he has done so far as GM points in that direction, if anything 180 degrees from that..

lonestar 11-13-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3725948)
hmmm... I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

me also..

doonwise 11-13-2012 10:28 PM

Did anyone say he was starting or just that he'd be 'playing' middle linebacker? Sounds like part of the rotation to me. I just don't see how he would be able to get extensive playing time without getting reps in training camp, being suspended for over half the season and in Del Rio's new defensive system.

lonestar 11-13-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonwise (Post 3725976)
Did anyone say he was starting or just that he'd be 'playing' middle linebacker? Sounds like part of the rotation to me. I just don't see how he would be able to get extensive playing time without getting reps in training camp, being suspended for over half the season and in Del Rio's new defensive system.

all the while being listed as #3 on the WLB depth chart..

sounds like a Wild Assed Guess to me..

Code:

Unit:
POS        First        Second        Third        Other
LDE        Derek Wolfe        Malik Jackson               
DT        Kevin Vickersn        Sealver Siliga               
NT        Justin Bannan        Mitch Unrein               
RDE        Elvis Dumervil        Robert Ayers               
SLB        Von Miller        Nate Irving               
MLB        Keith Brooking        Steven Johnson               
WLB        Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan        D.J. Williams       
LCB        Champ Bailey        Chris Harris               
RCB        Tracy Porter        Tony Carter        Omar Bolden       
SS        Mike Adams        David Bruton               
FS        Rahim Moore        Jim Leonhard

myMind 11-13-2012 10:40 PM

He will have to play himself back into the lineup, obviously. He'll get his shots, and if he doesn't produce, he won't be playing much. We shall see.

lonestar 11-13-2012 10:43 PM

Did I mention he had to take a cut in pay just to come back to teh team this year?

Yep sounds like they really value him..

Sounds to me like showcasing him for trade value..

DBroncos4life 11-13-2012 10:44 PM

Linebacker D.J. Williams is eligible to return to the team, and Executive Vice President of Football Operations John Elway is confident that Williams has remained in top shape during his time away.

In Tuesday’s episode of Elway Access, hosted by Broncos TV’s Chris Hall, Elway said that Williams “has been working out hard” during the suspension, but it’s still important to ease him back into the game.

“You can only get in football shape by playing football,” Elway said. “That’s why it’s important to work him in there slowly. This time of year, those linebackers take a lot of hits. He is going to be able to give those guys some time and some rest and not take that beating that they take. But we have to work him in there. We can’t give him too many reps. We’ll slowly work him in there and we’ll see how he fits.”
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...iams-chargers/
Make no mistake about it DJ will be playing this week.

baja 11-13-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3725985)
Did I mention he had to take a cut in pay just to come back to teh team this year?

Yep sounds like they really value him..

Sounds to me like showcasing him for trade value..

Ya the best way to do that is to highly publicize a pay cut for the guy you want to trade. Brilliant reasoning

Must be that West Texas water.