The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Doom? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108603)

SportinOne 11-11-2012 02:55 PM

Doom?
 
Anyone heard anything? Although it's amazing to see our depth stepping up and shining, we need this guy. For that matter, what about Porter?

cutthemdown 11-11-2012 02:56 PM

what about DT

OBF1 11-11-2012 02:58 PM

DT came back and played, had a couple more catched

Wes Mantooth 11-11-2012 02:58 PM

And what was up with Decker? He didn't play much of the game.

fontaine 11-11-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3723452)
what about DT

DT looked to be okay, he came back in and caught a bunch of passes. He'll be sore tomorrow but the fact that he came back in bodes well.

theAPAOps5 11-11-2012 02:58 PM

Had a big wrap on the sidelines, he uses his arms for leverage do much that the type of injury it appears to be could prove to be a big impact to him

Gutless Drunk 11-11-2012 02:58 PM

As happens in so many victories in the sport of football, the news wasn’t all good.

Broncos two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Elvis Dumervil left in the first half with a strained left shoulder. He did not return. He will have an MRI on the shoulder back in Denver on Monday morning.

“You have to stay confident, man,” Dumervil said.

Dumervil felt something strain — “nothing popped,” he said, — in the backside muscle area of the left shoulder, perhaps involving the lat or labrum.

“It’s hard to pinpoint what happened at what particular time,” Dumervil said. “We’ll know t(Monday) morning and see what happens.”

Dumervil registered his seventh sack of the season before the injury. With Dumervil out, the Broncos gave plenty of playing time to rookie Malik Jackson.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...medium=twitter

11-11-2012 03:02 PM

I suspect he'll be okay. Seemed to me they took him out to make sure he didn't make things worse in case it is serious. They didn't wrap his shoulder or take him to the locker room for treatment so I'd be very surprised if it was anything more than a pulled muscle or the like.

SportinOne 11-11-2012 03:03 PM

As long as he isn't done for the year I think this will be okay.. let's cross our fingers.

TheChamp24 11-11-2012 03:04 PM

Took him out because if he played the second half, would the Panthers had even gained a meaningful yard the rest of the game?

fontaine 11-11-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3723461)
I suspect he'll be okay. Seemed to me they took him out to make sure he didn't make things worse in case it is serious. They didn't wrap his shoulder or take him to the locker room for treatment so I'd be very surprised if it was anything more than a pulled muscle or the like.

Yeah, he was still on the sidelines without getting any real treatment so maybe it's not a serious injury.

11-11-2012 03:12 PM

Ayers keeps playing like this, Dumervil will back Ayers up...

oubronco 11-11-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3723479)
Ayers keeps playing like this, Dumervil will back Ayers up...

LOL Really?

XXXII&III 11-11-2012 03:21 PM

Still no update from Broncos as of 4:20 PM MST.

theAPAOps5 11-11-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3723479)
Ayers keeps playing like this, Dumervil will back Ayers up...

:spit:

Sometimes it's better to leave these thoughts unsaid. You have good insight but he won't play Dumervil out of the starting roll.

SportinOne 11-11-2012 03:27 PM

Ayers has clearly decided that he wants to be a football player. Physically, it looks like they have him at the perfect weight and muscle ratios.. Thick, sturdy, yet not too much extra baggage. He's quick out there. Looks like he's mentally ready for the game and playing with a lot of energy.

theAPAOps5 11-11-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXXII&III (Post 3723489)
Still no update from Broncos as of 4:20 PM MST.

Denver post says the team reports a shoulder strain with an MRI scheduled tomorrow.

XXXII&III 11-11-2012 03:32 PM

Thanks, APAOps.

KOA just now said Dum said nothing "popped" but he felt a "strain" on the backside shoulder muscle.

BroncoMan4ever 11-11-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth (Post 3723455)
And what was up with Decker? He didn't play much of the game.

He was there but after that deep ball he kind of got overlooked and was used as more of a diversion

11-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3723494)
:spit:

Sometimes it's better to leave these thoughts unsaid. You have good insight but he won't play Dumervil out of the starting roll.

I was being half serious.

Ayers likely can't keep this type of effectiveness week in and week out, but the point I was making was he played elite today. 2 pass deflections, 1 sack, 2 QB hits...and numerous more pressures..he was exploding off the line as fontaine pointed out earlier in the week... and he's much better against the run than Dumervil.

11-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth (Post 3723455)
And what was up with Decker? He didn't play much of the game.

Panthers schemed him out of the game.

ZONA 11-11-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3723508)
I was being half serious.

Ayers likely can't keep this type of effectiveness week in and week out, but the point I was making was he played elite today. 2 pass deflections, 1 sack, 2 QB hits...and numerous more pressures..he was exploding off the line as fontaine pointed out earlier in the week... and he's much better against the run than Dumervil.

Ayers played really well last week also, and has been steady all season. It's just now these past 2 games he's having some things go his way. Sometimes it takes a few years for these guys to get it going. Don't know why but that's what alot of people say when it comes to DLmen.

baja 11-11-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oubronco (Post 3723488)
LOL Really?

If Ayers really fulfills his potential he would be a more complete player than Doom but ya can't have too many D linemen.

Broncos4Life 11-11-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3723762)
If Ayers really fulfills his potential he would be a more complete player than Doom but ya can't have too many D linemen.

I second this. Ayers looks pretty complete! Hes turning it up!

BroncoDoug 11-11-2012 08:46 PM

Mike florio said on the nbc wrap up show that fox told peter king he is nervous about what the mri will discover tomorrow


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.