The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fox is such a p***Y (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108593)

ZONA 11-11-2012 12:05 PM

Fox is such a p***Y
 
For real dude, 9 seconds left in half. 4th and 1. The other team is NOT going to do anything if you don't get it. You give yourself a chance at a shorter FG.

I know he conservative but this to me is conservative to the point where you hurt your team.

Fox - grow a ****in pair already.

Broncos4tw 11-11-2012 12:23 PM

Eh? Smart play. Newton has a cannon for an arm. At the 50, he has a chance to get it into the endzone. A kick guarantees he doesn't. We had the lead and the kick at the half. Smart call imo.

Hercules Rockefeller 11-11-2012 12:25 PM

Up by 10 on the road and getting the ball to start the half. Nothing wrong with that decision.

Kid A 11-11-2012 12:26 PM

I thought it was probably smart play there, Thomas hurt, not much momentum.

Not going on 4th and 1 (or challenging a terrible spot) with a chance to seal the game on the previous drive was much more frustrating.

11-11-2012 12:36 PM

Yeah take a sack or a bunch of other bad things could happen vs the long shot of a fg in a game you are dominating. Smart play call by Fox especially in a game Denver has control in.

doonwise 11-11-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3722758)
For real dude, 9 seconds left in half. 4th and 1. The other team is NOT going to do anything if you don't get it. You give yourself a chance at a shorter FG.

I know he conservative but this to me is conservative to the point where you hurt your team.

Fox - grow a ****in pair already.

Overreact much?? I hardly think the head coach deserves to be called a pu**y for punting after his kicker just missed an easier kick. Dial it down, friend.

Wes Mantooth 11-11-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3722758)
For real dude, 9 seconds left in half. 4th and 1. The other team is NOT going to do anything if you don't get it. You give yourself a chance at a shorter FG.

I know he conservative but this to me is conservative to the point where you hurt your team.

Fox - grow a ****in pair already.

if I were your doctor, I would prescribe less madden

Goobzilla 11-11-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid A (Post 3722882)
I thought it was probably smart play there, Thomas hurt, not much momentum.

Not going on 4th and 1 (or challenging a terrible spot) with a chance to seal the game on the previous drive was much more frustrating.

Still baffled he didn't challenge that spot.

11-11-2012 01:24 PM

It's only a matter of time when Fox's dumbass coaching will actually cost the Broncos a game.

Rock Chalk 11-11-2012 01:26 PM

Dumbest.Thread.Ever.

R8R H8R 11-11-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goobzilla (Post 3723186)
Still baffled he didn't challenge that spot.

I didn't think Hilman made it anyway. It probably would have been a closer 4th & 1, but if Fox was just going to kick it anyway, then it didn't matter.

Rock Chalk 11-11-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goobzilla (Post 3723186)
Still baffled he didn't challenge that spot.

Challenging the spot loses a timeout and a challenge. The replay showed that while he MAY have had forward progress for the First down, odds are much greater that he would have been a little short. While they would have moved the ball, we still would have lost the challenge.

doonwise 11-11-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3723191)
It's only a matter of time when Fox's dumbass coaching will actually cost the Broncos a game.

You can say this about any coach in the NFL.

11-11-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3723205)
I didn't think Hilman made it anyway. It probably would have been a closer 4th & 1, but if Fox was just going to kick it anyway, then it didn't matter.

The way I understand replay rules, if replay doesn't result in an adjusted spot that results in a first down, then the team loses a challenge. But there was a very good angle that looked like Hilman stretched the ball REALLY close to the 1st down line that should have at least resulted in a measurement. But if the measurement shows the ball to be inches short, Denver loses the challenge and a timeout, but is in much better position to go for it on 4th down.

11-11-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doonwise (Post 3723220)
You can say this about any coach in the NFL.

Fox is different though. I don't agree with his conservativeness when it comes to 2 minute situations and punt/fg/go for it decisions. He has been known to not challenge plays that have showed to be situations where a challenge might be beneficial.

Kaylore 11-11-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3723197)
Dumbest.Thread.Ever.

This. The coach who rebuilt this team into what it is wins back to back road games, this one going away, and people are starting threads calling him a dumb ass and p***Y.

11-11-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3723237)
Fox is different though. I don't agree with his conservativeness when it comes to 2 minute situations and punt/fg/go for it decisions. He has been known to not challenge plays that have showed to be situations where a challenge might be beneficial.

How about his team that has scored 10 TD's other than offense in the past 2 years? His coaching has been great and we have shown to get back into games we were down big in. Funny how you think you can call a better game than him.

doonwise 11-11-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3723247)
This. The coach who rebuilt this team into what it is wins back to back road games, this one going away, and people are starting threads calling him a dumb ass and p***Y.

AND after one of the most complete games I've ever seen the broncos play. Perfection doesn't exist in football and from a team perspective, it doesn't get much better than today's performance.

USMCBladerunner 11-11-2012 01:44 PM

I'm not as emotional about that call as you are, but I had the same reasoning as you...I would have gone for it, under the reasoning that Carolina would have had less than 5 seconds to do anything with it...

11-11-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladerunner (Post 3723255)
I'm not as emotional about that call as you are, but I had the same reasoning as you...I would have gone for it, under the reasoning that Carolina would have had less than 5 seconds to do anything with it...

Pick 6, fumble recovery for td, sack and they get long fg try, hail mary td for newton, pi on hail mary vs possible long fg for Denver. Too much risk vs what you could get out of going for it.

Drunk Monkey 11-11-2012 01:59 PM

WTF is wrong with you people. I come in here and you would have thought we lost. Jesus, great win. ZONA, you sir are a $#@%$@#%@#$%. Re watch the game and that last 1st half sequence and get back to me.

11-11-2012 02:05 PM

This thread needs to go to the thread grave yard.

All hail J. Fox!!!

LRtagger 11-11-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3723215)
Challenging the spot loses a timeout and a challenge. The replay showed that while he MAY have had forward progress for the First down, odds are much greater that he would have been a little short. While they would have moved the ball, we still would have lost the challenge.

No if they had changed the spot of the ball that means we would have won te challenge - whether it resulted in a first down or not.

USMCBladerunner 11-11-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3723291)
Pick 6, fumble recovery for td, sack and they get long fg try, hail mary td for newton, pi on hail mary vs possible long fg for Denver. Too much risk vs what you could get out of going for it.

If Tebow is your QB, then you punt, but he's not, Manning is...the percentages are not the same as they were (see Bill Belichick)...I like the odds of good vs bad things going for it in that situation...

I'm not emotional about this, I understand why the Broncos punted, but all things considered, I would have gone for it...I'm glad to know it didn't matter one way or another...

11-11-2012 02:46 PM

What I really didn't understand was him not challenging a spot that was clearly a full yard short of where it should've been. You challenge, and if it's 4th and inches you go for it. Unless you are the spineless wonder named John Fox.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.