The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   USE THE PASS TO SET UP THE RUN (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108590)

11-11-2012 11:17 AM

USE THE PASS TO SET UP THE RUN
 
I mean really, the RUN EVERYTIME on first down and they run EVERYTIME on 3rd and short.

Elway used to pass in the first quarter to set up the run. 1st quarter punts are getting old.

bronco militia 11-11-2012 11:44 AM

shanahan left 4 years ago

broncobum6162 11-11-2012 03:09 PM

Welcome life w McCoy...

11-11-2012 03:11 PM

LOL... that first series pi66ed me off bad!!! I tried to delete the thread and it wouldn't let me.

11-11-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncobum6162 (Post 3723321)
Welcome life w McCoy...

Whatever dude Mccoy is a good coach that has shown great ability to design offense for his personel. He will get HC gig next year. That being said we do need to set up run with the pass. We need to sign another back in my opinion.

Al Wilson 11-11-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3722219)
I mean really, the RUN EVERYTIME on first down and they run EVERYTIME on 3rd and short.

Elway used to pass in the first quarter to set up the run. 1st quarter punts are getting old.

Those first down runs are way too predictable. Sometimes I just want to grab the tv and smash it. They should call more playaction plays on first down. That way the defense will be on its heels.

11-11-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 3723340)
Those first down runs are way too predictable. Sometimes I just want to grab the tv and smash it. They should call more playaction plays on first down. That way the defense will be on its heels.

Denver needs to come out and pass everytime the first series. All the way to eith the punt, FG or TD. And do play action pass everytime.

I played DE in college and if the team was a running team and they kept passing you always thought the next play was going to be a run.

11-11-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3722219)
I mean really, the RUN EVERYTIME on first down and they run EVERYTIME on 3rd and short.

Elway used to pass in the first quarter to set up the run. 1st quarter punts are getting old.

To be fair in those Super Bowl years we ran far more to set up the pass than the other way around, but it's a different NFL now and our run game is laughable when compared to the Terrell Davis years.

Oh and I do agree with you on the predictability of the playcalling. Honestly it's a joke.

11-11-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3723326)
Whatever dude Mccoy is a good coach that has shown great ability to design offense for his personel. He will get HC gig next year. That being said we do need to set up run with the pass. We need to sign another back in my opinion.

LOL at you thinking McCoy is a good coach. Why? Because his offense only ever gets rolling when his stupid run-on-every-first-down playcalling is thrown out the window? Honestly the amount of times this offense has stalled this season despite Manning playing as well as he ever has is just pathetic. Period.

underrated29 11-11-2012 03:29 PM

Lol, there are still McCoy defenders out there.

11-11-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3723326)
Whatever dude Mccoy is a good coach that has shown great ability to design offense for his personel. He will get HC gig next year. That being said we do need to set up run with the pass. We need to sign another back in my opinion.


This is the most retarded post ever. Last year, McCoy failed spectacularly in designing an offense the personnel, especially considering the qb that he needed to design an offense for.

11-11-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3723371)
LOL at you thinking McCoy is a good coach. Why? Because his offense only ever gets rolling when his stupid run-on-every-first-down playcalling is thrown out the window? Honestly the amount of times this offense has stalled this season despite Manning playing as well as he ever has is just pathetic. Period.

Our offense is fine. Of course we had growing pains early on and we have been great lately. I'll bet you expected the offense to look like colts from 5 years ago out of the gate. You want to blame McCoy when Manning probably has more imput.

11-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3723398)
Our offense is fine. Of course we had growing pains early on and we have been great lately. I'll bet you expected the offense to look like colts from 5 years ago out of the gate. You want to blame McCoy when Manning probably has more imput.

Right...because Manning teams have a long history of predictable run plays on 1st down... ::)

11-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3723364)
To be fair in those Super Bowl years we ran far more to set up the pass than the other way around, but it's a different NFL now and our run game is laughable when compared to the Terrell Davis years.

Oh and I do agree with you on the predictability of the playcalling. Honestly it's a joke.

That is not really true. A lot of the times Elway would come out and start throwing the ball in the first quarter to loosen up the defense for TD.

11-11-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3723384)
This is the most retarded post ever. Last year, McCoy failed spectacularly in designing an offense the personnel, especially considering the qb that he needed to design an offense for.

That is a retarded post. in fact that is so spactacularly retarded it make me think you are a Teboner.

11-11-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3723384)
This is the most retarded post ever. Last year, McCoy failed spectacularly in designing an offense the personnel, especially considering the qb that he needed to design an offense for.

Not sure what Broncos you watched but I saw a QB that couldn't run a normal offense and saw McCoy put in whole new system in 2 weeks to fit a fb playing qb.

fontaine 11-11-2012 03:46 PM

How do you freeze/bring in the Mike or Will on 2nd/3rd downs when so many of your passes go across the middle?

Like it or not, a LOT of what we do in the pass games is around the middle and for that you definitely need to run the ball a lot of the times on 1st down for play action then to really work.

11-11-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3723413)
Not sure what Broncos you watched but I saw a QB that couldn't run a normal offense and saw McCoy put in whole new system in 2 weeks to fit a fb playing qb.

I never suggested McCoy needed to design a normal offense. Just not one in which you pass on 98% of all first downs. Any team who is THAT predictable is doomed to struggle.

11-11-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3723406)
That is not really true. A lot of the times Elway would come out and start throwing the ball in the first quarter to loosen up the defense for TD.

They did both. They were quite balanced in general, but they still ran to set up the play action a lot of the time.

11-11-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3723411)
That is a retarded post. in fact that is so spactacularly retarded it make me think you are a Teboner.

The only retardation I ever see on this topic is that of those who see constant two receiver sets and only ever being allowed to throw on third down as "adapting the offense to Tebow". I mean sure, he made changes, but his changes sucked and generally only made passing all that much harder for the kid. McCoy sucks. Manning is good enough to overcome it a lot of the time while Tebow obviously wasn't, but the fact remains that McCoy really, really, really sucks.

11-11-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontaine (Post 3723432)
How do you freeze/bring in the Mike or Will on 2nd/3rd downs when so many of your passes go across the middle?

Like it or not, a LOT of what we do in the pass games is around the middle and for that you definitely need to run the ball a lot of the times on 1st down for play action then to really work.

When you always run on first down and pass on 2nd down how is that freeing up the middle?

You could do the play action pass on first down and the **** would be wide open!!

oubronco 11-11-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3723482)
When you always run on first down and pass on 2nd down how is that freeing up the middle?

You could do the play action pass on first down and the **** would be wide open!!

Saving it for NE in the playoffs

SonOfLe-loLang 11-11-2012 05:04 PM

The only thing that annoys me is when they bunch the formation on 3rd and 1 and run. I think this works about 1 out of ten times. You have arguably the greatest QB in the game back there. Spread the field and let Peyton make the decision whether or not to run. Our offensive line isnt that great at run blocking.

oubronco 11-11-2012 05:09 PM

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...41648767_n.jpg

DBroncos4life 11-11-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vine (Post 3723384)
This is the most retarded post ever. Last year, McCoy failed spectacularly in designing an offense the personnel, especially considering the qb that he needed to design an offense for.

I love it when you come in here and post dumb **** after dumb ****. Move on to the Jets board ROFL!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.