The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   In League of Heavy Metal Elites Manning is Outlaw Country (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108556)

11-08-2012 10:38 PM

In League of Heavy Metal Elites Manning is Outlaw Country
 
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...s-all-32-teams

BroncoMan4ever 11-08-2012 11:47 PM

Is Peyton really dink and dunk? DT leads the league in receptions over 25 yards. Granted over the first few games the attempts weren't very deep, but that has changed in the last month

Doggcow 11-08-2012 11:54 PM

This is John Clayton being his normal ****head self. I'm surprised he didn't say SD was better than us too.

11-09-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3720932)
This is John Clayton being his normal ****head self. I'm surprised he didn't say SD was better than us too.

Well, actually I thought the article was pretty amusing. At least it wasn't the same old ****. Plus I like hear the band Slayer be mentioned as well as the other bands.

v2micca 11-09-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3720929)
Is Peyton really dink and dunk? DT leads the league in receptions over 25 yards. Granted over the first few games the attempts weren't very deep, but that has changed in the last month

I actually posted in the talk back section of the article ripping Clayton for this ill informed statement. Peyton currently leads the league with 8.23 yards per pass attempt which is also the second highest of his career. At the time of this article he also led the league in completions of 20 yards or greater with 37. The fact is, Peyton appears to be dinking and dunking less than he did in his previous years.

Bronco X 11-09-2012 05:09 AM

He gives the Bears the Zeppelin comparison? **** you Clayton!

11-09-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v2micca (Post 3720966)
I actually posted in the talk back section of the article ripping Clayton for this ill informed statement. Peyton currently leads the league with 8.23 yards per pass attempt which is also the second highest of his career. At the time of this article he also led the league in completions of 20 yards or greater with 37. The fact is, Peyton appears to be dinking and dunking less than he did in his previous years.

Well to be fair a lot of Manning's passes are not going very far. The 80 yard pass to Thomas for instance. ALso the 30 yarder to Decker last week was a simple crossing pattern. I do agree though the term dink and dunk was a very poor choice of words.

v2micca 11-09-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3720976)
Well to be fair a lot of Manning's passes are not going very far. The 80 yard pass to Thomas for instance. ALso the 30 yarder to Decker last week was a simple crossing pattern. I do agree though the term dink and dunk was a very poor choice of words.

I repeat. His 8.23 yards per attempt is the second highest of his career. Peyton has always utilized the short passing game (or dinking and dunking as Clayton calls it) Clayton's implication is that he is utilizing it more heavily this year when the numbers clearly contradict his assertion.

And yes, Thomas, Decker, ect. have at times broken for some big gains after the catch to raise that number. But Peyton is currently completing over 55% of his pass attempts that travel at least 20 yards through the air. That is another number that is up there with his career best. Dude is killing all phases of the passing game this year and if anything is more balanced between short/intermediary/long passing than he has ever been. For Clayton to claim otherwise is just a staggering display of ignorance.

Pendejo 11-09-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco X (Post 3720969)
He gives the Bears the Zeppelin comparison? **** you Clayton!

No kidding. What have the Bears ever ripped off from others?

LRtagger 11-09-2012 07:11 AM

I hate that weasel

Swedish Extrovert 11-09-2012 09:11 AM

It's offensive that a team led be Jay Cutler gets compared to a band led by Jimmy Paige.

Interesting there was no band for the Broncos... I'm thinking outlaw country would be some thing like Johnny Cash.

Kaylore 11-09-2012 09:15 AM

His head looks like his neck is blowing a bubble.

Smiling Assassin27 11-09-2012 09:19 AM

gotta give him credit for this line:

Quote:

Judas Priest, will you stop settling for field goals?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.