The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Colts Shave Heads for Pagano (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108514)

TheReverend 11-07-2012 11:35 AM

Colts Shave Heads for Pagano

http://instagram.com/p/RvOTlWJ62q/

(^ pic)

25 Colts shaved their heads to support Pagano and his battle with cancer.

Just yesterday I had a friend mention "Ok, I feel for Coach Pagano, battling cancer, and his team playing in his honor, etc...but this constant publicizing of every detail of it completely cheapens the message..."

But personally, I feel it's great. If it inspires 1 person, then any amount of inundation was worth it, and with the massive platform these guys have available, you KNOW they're inspiring many more than 1!

chickennob2 11-07-2012 11:39 AM

What's up with #38 there? His head... doesn't look shaved.

RedskinBronco 11-07-2012 11:41 AM

nvm

ludo21 11-07-2012 12:11 PM

i almost would like to see them win the SB ahead of our boys......

almost

DivineLegion 11-07-2012 12:23 PM

Chucks post game speech was EPIC! A team with a mission that encompasses more than individualized goals is a team to watch out for. The Colts that beat the Dolphins this weekend (a very good defense FWIW), are a playoff caliber team. If Andrew Luck starts to limit his turnovers, the Colts could make a solid run come January. I don't want the Beoncos to play them in the playoffs that's for sure.

Broncos_OTM 11-07-2012 07:48 PM

Awesome, woulda been b3ttter if the whole team did

Rock Chalk 11-07-2012 08:06 PM

Yes because players shaving their heads is all of a sudden going to make people realize cancer is terrible and affects millions of people. We should do more.

Inspiring? To who? What is some podunk a-hole going to do? Go back to school and study for 8 years to understand biology and anatomy enough to join a research team that has received BILLIONS of dollars over the last half century and has made very little true progress in curing it?

What the **** is this going to inspire?

jebures 11-07-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3720068)
Yes because players shaving their heads is all of a sudden going to make people realize cancer is terrible and affects millions of people. We should do more.

Inspiring? To who? What is some podunk a-hole going to do? Go back to school and study for 8 years to understand biology and anatomy enough to join a research team that has received BILLIONS of dollars over the last half century and has made very little true progress in curing it?

kind of a harsh take, but good points

baja 11-07-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Soooo glad I don't view life as you do.

What a miserable person you are.

I recommend Colon Blow

TheReverend 11-07-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

A kid with cancer that loves football to keep fighting for his life...

broncosteven 11-07-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Usually people do this to show support for the person they know going through chemo.

Shows them they are not in it alone.

That said the dude who didn't cut his hair shouldn't be in the pic

Archer81 11-07-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

My mom has stage 4 reoccuring melanoma. She was diagnosed in 2002. In the past 10 years the options for treatment and curing it have expanded 10 fold. She is now on a medication genetically tailored to a mutation in her genes that stops the cancer from growing. In some cases, even shrink it. Not telling you this to make you go oh, damn. Sorry your mom has cancer. Not the point.

The point is, people NEED to see things like the Colts shaving their heads to keep fighting just a little longer. Oncologists gave my mother 6 months in 2002. Decade later and they have something that could cure it, and thus far the results have been more than positive. Small actions matter, even if we think they dont. Every little bit helps.

:Broncos:

11-07-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickennob2 (Post 3719673)
What's up with #38 there? His head... doesn't look shaved.

thats sergio brown.. he ended up dying his locks orange instead lol