The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OK don't re-sign Clady and save money for Von Miller's contract. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108463)

11-04-2012 09:13 PM

OK don't re-sign Clady and save money for Von Miller's contract.

discuss.

What numbers are we talking about?........................... HUGE!

Harvitz81 11-04-2012 09:16 PM

I think they can sign both. Would love to see both retire Broncos.

I will admit though that every defensive snap I pretty much key in on Von. Dude is a monster and soooooo glad he is ours. Can't wait for that first pick.

loborugger 11-04-2012 09:16 PM

At what point did Clady and Miller become mutually exclusive?

beardedwonder 11-04-2012 09:19 PM

Pretty good chance that by the time we need to resign him we will have 30 mill freed from PM and champ

RhymesayersDU 11-04-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loborugger (Post 3717330)
At what point did Clady and Miller become mutually exclusive?

On 11-04-12, 10:13 PM apparently.

wolf754life 11-04-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3717327)
discuss.

thank Goodness you don't run the front office, this post is incredibly weak

BroncoMan4ever 11-04-2012 09:28 PM

This isn't the Shanahan regime with a ton of wasted cap room. Also, when Von comes due for a new deal Champ's big salary will be much smaller since he will be near the end of his career or retired. DJ's ridiculous deal will be over. Money to keep Von and Clady will be there

Bronco X 11-04-2012 10:04 PM

No need to undervalue what Clady does. Just because the plays he makes don't make the highlight reel and he doesn't get to do a dance when he does make a play doesn't mean he's not worth an investment.

11-04-2012 10:11 PM

Ryan Clady needs to stay. He's earned his huge paycheck. And he'll get it.

LongDongJohnson 11-04-2012 11:32 PM

I say let both go and work on resigning moreno.

Cosmo 11-05-2012 04:55 AM

Geez, we're not the Sandy Eggo Sparklers, we'll reward our best players.

uplink 11-05-2012 05:10 AM

There is so much big money wasted on mediocre players in the NFL, if you have guys that are worth the big money like Clady and Miller. There is no choice but to pay up and be glad you are getting something for that money with these two.

11-05-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3717327)
discuss.

its going to have to be something north of what mario williams just got... right?

fontaine 11-05-2012 05:24 AM

It's not just Clady, we need to resign Koppen/Ramirez as well.

The job these two did blocking off Geno Atkins was nothing short of amazing, considering how often we passed the ball and how little we did on the ground.

spdirty 11-05-2012 05:51 AM

I don't want to think or stress about this right now. I'll just trust that Elway will resign em both when the time comes.

rmsanger 11-05-2012 05:51 AM

Is Clady a top 5 tackle and deserve top 3 tackle money? I'm still unclear as he goes through stretches where he seems lazy or takes plays off (earlier in the season).

broncswin 11-05-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson (Post 3717368)
I say let both go and work on resigning moreno.

Lmao....I needed that laugh this morning.

cmhargrove 11-05-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmsanger (Post 3717412)
Is Clady a top 5 tackle and deserve top 3 tackle money? I'm still unclear as he goes through stretches where he seems lazy or takes plays off (earlier in the season).

I was a little hard on Clady earlier in the season, and he still has plenty of work to do this season (including playoffs) in order to add more zeros to his paycheck. However, his piece of this puzzle is significant. If Manning doesn't have the time to "do his work," or if he gets hit too many times, this bus comes to a screeching halt.

The other thing Clady has going for him is the NFL left tackle market in general. There are a dozen teams that would happily pay starting (top five money) for him this offseason.

Beantown Bronco 11-05-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmsanger (Post 3717412)

I've been as critical of him as anyone since his injury, but to me, it's not even a question with the way he's been playing. I can't think of 5 guys I'd rather have than him.

He's most certainly worth top 3-5 money.

Smiling Assassin27 11-05-2012 07:48 AM

Those two guys have to be cornerstones of the franchise. Bowlen's always ponied up when guys have earned their keep. We're probably gonna have to give the DB kids a bump if they stay on this trajectory as well.

baja 11-05-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3717421)
I've been as critical of him as anyone since his injury, but to me, it's not even a question with the way he's been playing. I can't think of 5 guys I'd rather have than him.

He's most certainly worth top 3-5 money.

They already offered him that. The issue was guaranteed money if I remember correctly.

gyldenlove 11-05-2012 08:21 AM

Von Miller is very difficult to project, his position (43 SLB) is one of the lowest paid positions in football, on the other hand pass rushers tend to get paid very well as evidenced by Mario Williams or Elvis Dumervil or Freeney. Right now I would put Miller on a contract similar to that of Demarcus Ware, 7 years, 80 million with about half guaranteed in some way. Ware signed his contract in 2009, so inflation should increase it a bit, but Miller plays a slightly less prestigious position in a 4-3 rather than 3-4 so it should balance.

Beantown Bronco 11-05-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3717471)
They already offered him that. The issue was guaranteed money if I remember correctly.

From rotoworld:

Broncos LT Ryan Clady rejected the Broncos' five-year, $50 million contract offer due to concerns on the guarantees over the first three years.

The $28 million guaranteed over the first three years wouldn't put Clady in the same ballpark as the $37M in Browns LT Joe Thomas' contract. The Clady camp believes his production, when healthy, has been on par with that of Thomas and Dolphins LT Jake Long. Denver can wield the franchise tag next offseason (for around $9.5 mil).

gyldenlove 11-05-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3717483)
From rotoworld:

Broncos LT Ryan Clady rejected the Broncos' five-year, $50 million contract offer due to concerns on the guarantees over the first three years.

The $28 million guaranteed over the first three years wouldn't put Clady in the same ballpark as the $37M in Browns LT Joe Thomas' contract. The Clady camp believes his production, when healthy, has been on par with that of Thomas and Dolphins LT Jake Long. Denver can wield the franchise tag next offseason (for around $9.5 mil).

I do think we will tag him and then negotiate a deal during the summer like we have done before with several players. The Broncos have traditionally not been a team to use the franchise tag to make players go year by year.

baja 11-05-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3717488)
I do think we will tag him and then negotiate a deal during the summer like we have done before with several players. The Broncos have traditionally not been a team to use the franchise tag to make players go year by year.

I think they used it on Elam but other than that I don't remember another (Pryce?)