The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Chiefs and Bolts fans hoping for losses (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108381)

lvwireman 11-01-2012 09:25 AM

Chiefs and Bolts fans hoping for losses

I checked out chiefs planet for grins this morning- fans of both teams are hoping for a loss and subsequent firing of head coach/GM. Some funny stuff...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265979

Br0nc0Buster 11-01-2012 09:29 AM

Unfortunately for them one team has to win

Chargers should take this one easily
I mean we all know the Chargers are struggling, but KC right now is on a historic level of suck

McDman 11-01-2012 09:38 AM

No different than people here wanting us to lose because they hated McDaniels.

OBF1 11-01-2012 09:39 AM

"Chiefs and Bolts fans hoping for losses"

Like they have any choice, both teams are going to make their fans happy and lose alot ;D

Anikai 11-01-2012 09:40 AM

Here's to a 3-3 tie

Kaylore 11-01-2012 09:52 AM

My preference is for the Chiefs to win so it weakens the Chargers and hurts the Chiefs draft position.

That said, what a crappy time for the AFC West. Of the other three members of our division, the Raiders have the most cause for optimism.

broncosteven 11-01-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 3713189)

I hated mCd with a passion but never wanted the team to lose in order to fire him. I watched all those painful games, it was a joyless time, very frustrating and humiliating.

I don't see how anyone in a right mind could root for their own team to lose just to get a coach fired or a better draft pick.

High draft picks are not always sure fire picks, look at what teams like the Bungles, Bears, Cleveland have gone through in the past with their 1st overall picks. It is more important to have good scouting and a good GM than the 1st overall pick.

Rock Chalk 11-01-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvwireman (Post 3713173)
I checked out chiefs planet for grins this morning- fans of both teams are hoping for a loss and subsequent firing of head coach/GM. Some funny stuff...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265979

Texas Longhorn fans are doing the same thing.

11-01-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3713217)
My preference is for the Chiefs to win so it weakens the Chargers and hurts the Chiefs draft position.

That said, what a crappy time for the AFC West. Of the other three members of our division, the Raiders have the most cause for optimism.

I agree completely! In my mind as long as Manning doesn't go down I honestly don't think any other AFCW team has a chance to catch us. We spotted them all 2 games with Houston and NE now we will pull away from them all.

broncocalijohn 11-01-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 3713189)

I remember Steeldude telling us he can't wait for the Broncos to lose so he can be proven right about McDaniels but I think for most, it was expecting them to lose then to actually want the Broncos to lose. We earned that #2 pick based on no wishes but a ****ty coach with a lot of bad players.

Chargers wanting their team to lose this early shows them for what they are, weak! Their team is actually on of the wild card teams if the season ended today. Either they don't realize this or they are just way done with the coach and GM. If they had a good wide receiver, they would actually win a few games more.

11-01-2012 10:29 AM

Im enjoying the suckage in the AFCW. While McDaniels was here, those fans in the rest of the division made it a point to laugh and make fun of Bronco fans because our team sucked.

The joke's on those ****ers now.

BroncoMan4ever 11-01-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3713217)

As a football fan I actually prefer it when the Raiders are good. It makes for much more interesting viewing.

broncocalijohn 11-01-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3713317)
As a football fan I actually prefer it when the Raiders are good. It makes for much more interesting viewing.

Actually, Raiders became the Faiders when they would sprint to a great start, fans thump their chest like they are going to the SB again and then go 2-6 to end the season and miss the playoffs. We experienced that with Cutler and Shanny for our team.

v2micca 11-01-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3713226)
I hated mCd with a passion but never wanted the team to lose in order to fire him. I watched all those painful games, it was a joyless time, very frustrating and humiliating.

I don't see how anyone in a right mind could root for their own team to lose just to get a coach fired or a better draft pick.

High draft picks are not always sure fire picks, look at what teams like the Bungles, Bears, Cleveland have gone through in the past with their 1st overall picks. It is more important to have good scouting and a good GM than the 1st overall pick.

100% agree. Although, I will admit, watching Broncos Football during the 2010 season felt more like a chore or punishment at times. I never rooted for my team to lose, but there were times were I couldn't muster the hope of winning.

mwill07 11-01-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

I don't think I can remember that far back.

v2micca 11-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

I know is almost heresy to agree with this sentiment, but I feel you. In fact, I may go one farther into the dark abyss and admit I kind of miss it when Denver, KC, and Oakland were all solid teams that would have a decent chance of taking the division. Back in the early 00's it was considered the best three way rivalry in football. I kind of miss the AFCW being considered the strongest division in the NFL.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN 11-01-2012 12:13 PM

chargers 48- kc 17
i wish the afc west was good and it went down to the wire to which team would get one of the high seeds in the playoffs . with Denver taking it

Kaylore 11-01-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN (Post 3713463)
chargers 48- kc 17
i wish the afc west was good and it went down to the wire to which team would get one of the high seeds in the playoffs . with Denver taking it

Screw that. I want us to finish 12-4 and the rest of them to finish with four or five wins; Enough to be terrible, but just good enough to keep a franchise QB away from them.

broncocalijohn 11-01-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3713519)
Screw that. I want us to finish 12-4 and the rest of them to finish with four or five wins; Enough to be terrible, but just good enough to keep a franchise QB away from them.

exactly! How great would it be to just point and laugh at all three fanbases that their teams suck and we rule the division? I dont need parity. I need kick ass, take no prisoners type of wins.
If those fanbases are crying and wearing bags over their heads then we are doing it correctly.

UberBroncoMan 11-01-2012 01:21 PM

I want a Chiefs win. Gives them a worse draft pick and keeps the Chargers in a hole.

11-01-2012 01:26 PM

Kevin Acee said that he thinks Norv gets fired tomorrow if the Chargers lose tonight.

broncosteven 11-01-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3713586)
Kevin Acee said that he thinks Norv gets fired tomorrow if the Chargers lose tonight.

I think his job is safe for one more week.

SD will win the turnover differential and thus the game.

enjolras 11-01-2012 01:55 PM

I'll be rooting HARD for the Chiefs tonight. I really don't want them to get a QB.

11-01-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3713639)
I'll be rooting HARD for the Chiefs tonight. I really don't want them to get a QB.

What games can KC win now?

The only winnable game I see is Cleveland. That's it.

maven 11-01-2012 02:26 PM

Go Chiefs!