The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   And this is why you want Stokely on the field. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108311)

v2micca 10-29-2012 09:34 AM

And this is why you want Stokely on the field.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...-yard-TD-catch

At about the 12 second mark, he saves us a penalty.

After the touchdown catch by Thomas, he throws the ball to Decker who is getting ready to alley-oop it back to Thomas for the goalpost slam dunk. Stokely comes in a breaks up the play and almost certainly saves the Broncos a 15 yard unsportsmanlike-like penalty for excessive celebration.

I love the young guys enthusiasm. But, I also love the having the veterans around to let then know when they need to dial it back just a little.

10-29-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v2micca (Post 3710429)

After the touchdown catch by Thomas, he throws the ball to Decker who is getting ready to alley-oop it back to Thomas for the goalpost slam dunk. Stokely comes in a breaks up the play and almost certainly saves the Broncos a 15 yard unsportsmanlike-like penalty for excessive celebration.

I love the young guys enthusiasm. But, I also love the having the veterans around to let then know when they need to dial it back just a little.

He did that with Marshall too when he wanted to pull that black glove out.

Crushaholic 10-29-2012 09:36 AM

I seem to remember Stokely stopping Brandon Marshall from a stupid celebration. You're right. We need a mix of veterans and young guys...

LittleFloyd 10-29-2012 09:37 AM

This is not the first time Stokley has saved a penalty for celebration. Remember back a few years ago when we were playing the Browns back in Cleveland. Brandon Marshall caught a TD in a tight game and he was about to do something stupid when Stokely got in his face and talked him out of it.

gyldenlove 10-29-2012 09:43 AM

Stokley will never have the pure talent of Thomas, but the wisdom and levelheadedness is something he can teach to just about anyone and something that can be the difference maker in a tight game.

Broncobiv 10-29-2012 04:25 PM

I think one time Stokley also stopped Brandon Marshall from doing something that would have caused a penalty after a TD once. Anyone else remember that?

lonestar 10-29-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

did that for BM once also.. just read the thread and now realize EVERYONE knew this..

Conklin 10-29-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncobiv (Post 3710945)
I think one time Stokley also stopped Brandon Marshall from doing something that would have caused a penalty after a TD once. Anyone else remember that?

x2

Rock Chalk 10-29-2012 04:33 PM

I think he did this for Brandon Marshall once too

:D

SonOfLe-loLang 10-29-2012 04:34 PM

Wait did Stokely once stop a BMarsh celebration? I cant tell from the other posts

hades 10-29-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3710954)
I think he did this for Brandon Marshall once too

:D

Speculation, there is no proof he actually did it. ;)

10-29-2012 04:36 PM

Stokley... Brandon Marshall...glove.

McDman 10-29-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3710957)
Wait did Stokely once stop a BMarsh celebration? I cant tell from the other posts

I think so, no one seems to remember.

Vegas_Bronco 10-29-2012 04:40 PM

I remember Stokley's great grandfather telling Gnral Custer to not rub it in also. This family has a nack for diverting disasters. I wonder if Stokely has allowed his sons to see ghostbusters?

DBroncos4life 10-29-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

So is Denver the only team that isn't allowed tov dunk a football? People do this all the time.

enjolras 10-29-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3710968)
So is Denver the only team that isn't allowed tov dunk a football? People do this all the time.

Rehearsed multi-player celebrations are a penalty.

enjolras 10-29-2012 04:51 PM

Also...didn't he do the same thing to Marshall?

Atwater His Ass 10-29-2012 05:11 PM

Talk about a wet blanket...

DomCasual 10-29-2012 05:19 PM

When it comes to stuff like this, Stokley has always reminded me of Ed McCaffrey.

10-29-2012 05:19 PM

I'm ashamed I started this snowball...

Beantown Bronco 10-29-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3710993)
I'm ashamed I started this snowball...

A snowball? There's something about Brandon Stokley that reminds me of a snowball. Eddie Mac and Eric Decker too. Weird.

errand 10-29-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3710447)
Stokley will never have the pure talent of Thomas, but the wisdom and levelheadedness is something he can teach to just about anyone and something that can be the difference maker in a tight game.

Yeah, yeah...but what did he ever do for Brandon Marshall? ;D

wyobronco 10-29-2012 05:45 PM

Love Stokes for how he keeps his head in the game. I loved when he caught the game winner against Cincy, he ran down the goal line as long as he could and peeled 4 extra seconds off of the clock.

v2micca 10-29-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3711013)
Yeah, yeah...but what did he ever do for Brandon Marshall? ;D

Awesome, my first Orange Mane meme.

Beantown Bronco 10-29-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyobronco (Post 3711014)
Love Stokes for how he keeps his head in the game. I loved when he caught the game winner against Cincy, he ran down the goal line as long as he could and peeled 4 extra seconds off of the clock.

I really miss Gus Johnson.