The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   So whats the deal with knowshon? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108301)

Quoydogs 10-29-2012 12:40 AM

So whats the deal with knowshon?

Just currious?

10-29-2012 12:51 AM

Biased coaching staff. Kind of hypocritical on their part too, to bench him after 5 quarters and 1 fumble. He deserves at least Lance Ball's role, based on talent and production in the league alone.

Al Wilson 10-29-2012 12:53 AM

Rather have Jeremiah Johnson playing than Knowshon. I forgot which game it was, but it spelt the end for him (I think the Falcons game) when he fumbled and he got beat a few too many times in pass protection (same game I'm pretty sure).

Al Wilson 10-29-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap (Post 3710184)
Biased coaching staff. Kind of hypocritical on their part too, to bench him after 5 quarters and 1 fumble. He deserves at least Lance Ball's role, based on talent and production in the league alone.

Ball does the little things better. Blocks better, and plays special teams (something that Knowshon sucks at).

LongDongJohnson 10-29-2012 01:51 AM

Knowshon can break tackles and is a good receiver out of the backfield. He runs hard be he just has no speed. Plus his vision is questionable.

Knowshon is better than Hillman at pass blocking but Hillman has really improved quite a bit the last few games. Hillman is no longer a liability on 3rd down passing situations. Therefore we can afford to take Knowshon out.

Plus Hillman has the speed and big play potential that none of our other backs have besides maybe Jeremiah Johnson. And Johnson is only on the practice squad.

McGahee- clearly our best all around back
Hillman- best change of pace back, potential for big plays, and improved pass blocker
Ball- reliable, doesnt fumble much, does a little bit of everything although nothing great.
Moreno- bust

extralife 10-29-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

See guys, stick around here long enough and you'll find an illogical advocate for just about anyone.

Drek 10-29-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quoydogs (Post 3710180)
Just currious?

Doesn't stay healthy, isn't explosive, lack of effort/toughness has clearly put him in the coaching dog house.

At this point Ball is seeing his role reduced by the week as Hillman develops, so it's not like there is a role to shift Moreno into really. Give it a few more weeks and Ball's role will probably be near non-existent as well.

Moreno has high enough pedigree and enough previous production to be a worthwhile depth guy should someone get hurt, but the staff obviously doesn't think he has what they want in an RB.

He'll be released after this season, avoiding his big salary bump. The question for him now is if he completely washes out, or if he's follows the path of Thomas Jones, re-dedicating himself when he gets to a new team and doing the work needed to let his talent shine.

oubronco 10-29-2012 05:02 AM

Pretty simple, the other guys are better than him

Dr. Broncenstein 10-29-2012 05:05 AM

He's a fourth stringer who doesn't play special teams.

10-29-2012 05:08 AM

He sucks.

10-29-2012 05:14 AM

i dont think we will release him after this year. if our intent is to carry 4 RB's dont you think hes the best 4th string RB in the league lol ?

Drek 10-29-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g6matty (Post 3710218)
i dont think we will release him after this year. if our intent is to carry 4 RB's dont you think hes the best 4th string RB in the league lol ?

His salary for 2013 is $5M. He's gone. We'll likely draft another RB, probably a big boy, to challenge Ball and be a long term developmental replacement for McGahee.

LRtagger 10-29-2012 05:59 AM

I keep thinking he will be active for the KC games, but thats it. Seems they are just keeping him around in case someone gets hurt.

10-29-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

No he doesn't. If he played special teams maybe and if he didn't make mental errors on the field in pass protection then maybe. Slowshon is a bust that barring injury has played his last down for us.

gyldenlove 10-29-2012 08:00 AM

No need to have 4 active RBs and since he is the one they have the least confidence in he gets to sit until someone gets injured.

10-29-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stagger Lee (Post 3710211)
He sucks.

broncosteven 10-29-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRtagger (Post 3710230)
I keep thinking he will be active for the KC games, but thats it. Seems they are just keeping him around in case someone gets hurt.

Yep he is cheap insurance, bad insurance, but he knows the system, practices with the team and if needed to dress probably will only see the field as the 3rd RB. I also would rather see JJ as our insurance option at this point. I am not sure if he already got picked up though.

I would have liked to see them get something for him rather than just flat out cut him at the end of the year. I don't see anyone wanting to trade for him unless they want an old 1st round pick reclamation project on their hands and were afraid some other team would try to sign him. Thing is if anyone trades for him they will have to have his deal set to league min and worked out, no way anyone is trading for a 1st round bust then pay him $5mil for one year.

broncocalijohn 10-29-2012 09:13 AM

Eat part of the contract and trade him for a back-up LB since Mays is out for the season. There are teams out there that need a RB.

strafen 10-29-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Just currious?

Popps?!

Quoydogs 10-29-2012 09:22 AM

So this is what I was trying to get at. Are we just going to keep him inactive or trade or cut ect... He is just wasting a roster spot right now and we could be developing another RB or maybe LB from the practice squad.

strafen 10-29-2012 09:23 AM

He can bust out 850 yards in this system

socalorado 10-29-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stagger Lee (Post 3710211)
He sucks.

He also sucks.

Pick Six 10-29-2012 09:38 AM

He'll sit on the bench, collecting a paycheck, and LIKE IT...

Smilin Assassin 10-29-2012 10:12 AM

I wouldn't be suprised if the team was actively pursuing a trade. Could be why he's not even active. (not risking injury)

Now I don't think we'll net anything higher than a 4th/5th should we trade him, but it's clear the team doesn't see him in their future.

I never had anything against Knowshon. I actually was happy to get him after seeing him at Ga. (still wanted Orakpo there, but w/e). But, as was stated before, in all my years watching the Broncos, never had I watched a player that made me cringe everytime he had the rock in his hands (fumble prone).

pricejj 10-29-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Just currious?

he sucks