The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Virgil Green - welcome back big fella (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108298)

ZONA 10-28-2012 10:45 PM

Virgil Green - welcome back big fella

I know it was the Saints D but really love the fact he's back and if this guy can keep improving weekly as he gets time with Manning and working in blocking with the line, wow, adds another dimension to this offense.

Crushaholic 10-28-2012 10:48 PM

I think this is the first POSITIVE Virgil Green thread. That just shows that the whole team is looking like a huge threat...:strong:

10-28-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3710136)
I know it was the Saints D but really love the fact he's back and if this guy can keep improving weekly as he gets time with Manning and working in blocking with the line, wow, adds another dimension to this offense.

He looks like the best TE on the team.

10-28-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3710140)
I think this is the first POSITIVE Virgil Green thread. That just shows that the whole defense is looking like a huge threat...:strong:

Here is a thread of his very own that was pretty positive.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...t=virgil+green

R8R H8R 10-28-2012 10:58 PM

Is it my imagination or does he look like he is 20lbs heavier, maybe more, than he did last year? I remember him being a bit thinner, but then again it's been a while since I've seen him. :)

ZONA 10-28-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3710142)
He looks like the best TE on the team.

Well he was always the most physically gifted TE on our team. I think he's the best blocking TE we have and he is now showing something in the passing game. Could be the Manning affect. I'm sure, as we heard after the game when Thomas was saying how Manning coaches him in practice on just how to run routes, this could be true for Green as well. It's important for him to be successful in the passing game. Just can't trot him out there for running plays and tip the off the defense. If he can't continue to improve in the passing game, wow, as I said, it will be HUGE for this offense.

10-28-2012 11:11 PM

Virgil is a beast. He caught one of those passes and i had to do a double take because i thought it was DT at first. That dude is huge and has a little speed to him.

BroncoMan4ever 10-28-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaiy (Post 3710154)
Virgil is a beast. He caught one of those passes and i had to do a double take because i thought it was DT at first. That dude is huge and has a little speed to him.

He is bigger stronger and almost as fast as DT. My adopt a bronco will get better as the season goes on and next year will start ahead of Dreesen and Tamme.

LongDongJohnson 10-29-2012 12:24 AM

Good for green.

It sucks that Thomas has been a bust so far after tearing it up in Camp last year.

Drek 10-29-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3710165)
He is bigger stronger and almost as fast as DT. My adopt a bronco will get better as the season goes on and next year will start ahead of Dreesen and Tamme.

He's coming along at just the right time. Dreessen is 30, Tamme is 27. Green is flashing the blocking skills needed to replace Dreessen and the athleticism to replace Tamme. That's going to be crucial going forward. Green has every bit as much athletic ability as Aaron Hernandez of the Patriots, if he keeps developing he's going to be a huge draft pick.

If Thomas can get focused and take some big steps forward this off-season we'll be looking real good at TE long term. If he fails to develop though the FO needs to re-address TE in the 2014 draft with an earlier pick, as this offense really does it's best work when it can run two TE sets.

v2micca 10-29-2012 05:18 AM

Quality depth at any Position is always a good thing. Welcome back Green. See if you can get your buddy Julius Thomas kick-started as well.

10-29-2012 05:23 AM

Virgil was a workout warrior at Nevada and the combine, the dude is probably fast as Brandon Marshall but has 40 pounds on him, it seems last night he got some opportunities to loosen up a little bit

gyldenlove 10-29-2012 06:35 AM

Virgil Green certainly looked good yesterday, he run blocks better than Tamme and he is more of a threat to make a big play than either Tamme or Dreesen, he still needs to polish his route running, but he looks like he could be very good.

Bigdawg26 10-29-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3710149)
Is it my imagination or does he look like he is 20lbs heavier, maybe more, than he did last year? I remember him being a bit thinner, but then again it's been a while since I've seen him. :)

I was going to say the same thing. He looks like big Carswell looked his last year with denver.

backup qb 10-29-2012 07:33 AM

Saw a couple nice seals on the edge from him leading to some positive yardage.

ColoradoDarin 10-29-2012 08:30 AM

Another kudos to the coaches, this kid was ready to play - and then made the plays when his number was called.

baja 10-29-2012 08:57 AM

Seeing Green play was like damn this kid is a monster can't wait to see more of him. If he fills his potential.

Manning may have the best receiving core in the league. Imagine that Peyton Manning with the best set of receivers in the league.

socalorado 10-29-2012 09:13 AM

To me he looks like DT until i really focused on him.
Hes like a hybrid WR/TE.
I really was impressed with his blocking.