The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tracy Porter missing time because of a seizure (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108231)

Kid A 10-25-2012 02:32 PM

Tracy Porter missing time because of a seizure
 
Quote:

Tracy Porter has been sidelined in recent days because of precautionary measures the team's medical staff is taking after the Denver Broncos' cornerback suffered a seizure in August.
Last Sunday, before the Broncos were to leave for San Diego for a game against the Chargers, Porter was experiencing light-headedness and his heart was racing — symptoms that occurred before he had a seizure in August.
"I had never had one before, 26 years I've been living," Porter said Thursday.
"Before the San Diego game, I don't know if it was the medication I was taking or it was a setback, but they decided to hold me back."
Read more: Broncos' Tracy Porter missing time because of a seizure; hopeful vs. Saints - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2ALRW3glR


Best wishes for Tracy. Have relatives who struggle with this, can be very scary and stressful learning to manage them.

Garcia Bronco 10-25-2012 02:36 PM

If he has seizures then I don't see how he can continue to play professional football. bummer

10-25-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3706681)
If he has seizures then I don't see how he can continue to play professional football. bummer

He has only had one his entire life. There have been numerous players that have had a seizure and continued to play. Youre jumping to an extreme conclusion lol

Pick Six 10-25-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaiy (Post 3706687)
He has only had one his entire life. There have been numerous players that have had a seizure and continued to play. Youre jumping to an extreme conclusion lol

Case in point...I was reading another article, regarding Porter's seizure. He mentioned that Jeremy Shockey had a seizure, while lifting weights. I don't know if this article mentions that fact, because I had a difficult time opening up the link...

Kaylore 10-25-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3706681)
If he has seizures then I don't see how he can continue to play professional football. bummer

Players with epilepsy have played before. How would this be worse?

10-25-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3706689)
Case in point...I was reading another article, regarding Porter's seizure. He mentioned that Jeremy Shockey had a seizure, while lifting weights. I don't know if this article mentions that fact, because I had a difficult time opening up the link...

I also saw that article. I remember when it happened because it was sportscenter. People always overreact lol

bfoflcommish 10-25-2012 03:01 PM

Mile high Sports has a different take.

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/25...y-to-be-dealt/

It turns out that Denver Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter isn’t dealing with an illness. It turns out he’s coughing up a bad attitude, and he could be gone soon.
A source told Mile High Sports’ Robin Carlin on Thursday that Porter, who signed a one-year, $4 million contract in the offseason, is not suffering from an illness, as the Broncos claim. Instead, Porter is sitting out due to poor performance and to what the Broncos coaching staff perceives as a “bad attitude;” the Broncos may look to move Porter in the near future as a result.

cont.

SportinOne 10-25-2012 03:06 PM

Well... that's interesting.

Kaylore 10-25-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoflcommish (Post 3706712)
Mile high Sports has a different take.

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/25...y-to-be-dealt/

It turns out that Denver Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter isn’t dealing with an illness. It turns out he’s coughing up a bad attitude, and he could be gone soon.
A source told Mile High Sports’ Robin Carlin on Thursday that Porter, who signed a one-year, $4 million contract in the offseason, is not suffering from an illness, as the Broncos claim. Instead, Porter is sitting out due to poor performance and to what the Broncos coaching staff perceives as a “bad attitude;” the Broncos may look to move Porter in the near future as a result.

cont.

What a horrible thing to write after the details of Porter's health have come out.

Kaylore 10-25-2012 03:09 PM

By the way, Porter did not have "another seizure." He had some symptoms similar to the seizure he had and so they kept out for precautionary reasons.

Garcia Bronco 10-25-2012 03:14 PM

It's health risk to have a seizure prone person playing professional football. We have to be concerned with player saftey

Ratboy 10-25-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoflcommish (Post 3706712)
Mile high Sports has a different take.

http://milehighsports.com/2012/10/25...y-to-be-dealt/

It turns out that Denver Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter isn’t dealing with an illness. It turns out he’s coughing up a bad attitude, and he could be gone soon.
A source told Mile High Sports’ Robin Carlin on Thursday that Porter, who signed a one-year, $4 million contract in the offseason, is not suffering from an illness, as the Broncos claim. Instead, Porter is sitting out due to poor performance and to what the Broncos coaching staff perceives as a “bad attitude;” the Broncos may look to move Porter in the near future as a result.

cont.

http://i.imgur.com/xFjNN.jpg

10-25-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3706728)
It's health risk to have a seizure prone person playing professional football. We have to be concerned with player saftey

Seizure prone? In 26 years of his life, he has one seizure that has happened at the age of 26. Im not saying its not a concern but no one here is a doctor and is able to say one way or the other.

10-25-2012 03:39 PM

That "bad attitude" crap is complete BS. Why would they lie about his health and say he was benched for bad attitude? That along with the details of hos ACTUAL sickness makes whoever gave that rumor life a complete douchebag.

Smilin Assassin 10-25-2012 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From Twitter:

NFLBRONCO 10-25-2012 03:55 PM

Why would he pull tude in contract year. He is smarter then that I'm sure :)

broncswin 10-25-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaiy (Post 3706749)
Seizure prone? In 26 years of his life, he has one seizure that has happened at the age of 26. Im not saying its not a concern but no one here is a doctor and is able to say one way or the other.

Seizures can start at anytime in ones life due to a blow to the head at some point: turns into scare tissue and interfers with electrodes in the brain...can also be from birth and finally flares up...I have a six year old who has epilepsy and has been suffering from it since he was two. Scary for porter when says he has had reoccurring symptoms, that can mean he has had other seizures, as small as they may be. In some people's case they can only suffer that one event, but for porter, this could turn into epilepsy.

broncosteven 10-25-2012 05:03 PM

I passed out and had a seizure once when I was about 18. They did a bunch of tests and couldn't tell us why. I have a bunch of other health issues but no more seizures or passing out.

Chris 10-25-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3706832)
I passed out and had a seizure once when I was about 18. They did a bunch of tests and couldn't tell us why. I have a bunch of other health issues but no more seizures or passing out.

Did you see Gene Kranz?

10-25-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3706832)
I passed out and had a seizure once when I was about 18. They did a bunch of tests and couldn't tell us why. I have a bunch of other health issues but no more seizures or passing out.

Well I was about to fill you in on the first 6 episodes of Downton, but now it's probably not worth the risk.

KipCorrington25 10-25-2012 06:41 PM

At least it's not diabetes AND a bad attitude...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nNCBxqjhim...600/Cutler.jpg

Garcia Bronco 10-25-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaiy (Post 3706749)
Seizure prone? In 26 years of his life, he has one seizure that has happened at the age of 26. Im not saying its not a concern but no one here is a doctor and is able to say one way or the other.

Ones does not need to be a doctor to accurately judge these things. If it keeps up at this pace there is the potential that it could be career threatening. Maybe its just the Altitude.

Houshyamama 10-25-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3706923)
Ones does not need to be a doctor to accurately judge these things. If it keeps up at this pace there is the potential that it could be career threatening. Maybe its just the Altitude.

Does he have a a point mutation in the β-globin chain of his haemoglobin proteins as well?

misturanderson 10-25-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3706923)
Ones does not need to be a doctor to accurately judge these things. If it keeps up at this pace there is the potential that it could be career threatening. Maybe its just the Altitude.

You have no idea what you're talking about and should stop.

This pace? 1 seizure then 2 months later some lightheadedness? STFU.

Notice that he has a strange feeling, called an "aura," that lets him know that he could have another seizure. Most people do. If he has more he will in all likelihood feel odd before he seizures again and can pull himself out of the game.

The chances of an unexpected seizure hitting at a time that results in a serious injury to himself on the football field is pretty astronomical "at this pace" and there would be just north of a 0% chance of a seizure injuring others on the football field. He should be able to obtain a driver's license in CO, so there is no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't be able to play football.

Kaylore 10-25-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3706834)
Did you see Gene Kranz?

:spit:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.