The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NFL peers say Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez are most overrated players in league. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108224)

Bronco Rob 10-25-2012 08:32 AM

NFL peers say Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez are most overrated players in league.

NFL peers say Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez are most overrated players in league

In a Sports Illustrated poll that asked 180 NFL players to identify their most overrated peer, two New York Jets quarterbacks came out on top -- or bottom, depending on how you look at it.

Tim Tebow was pegged as most overrated by a whopping 34 percent of players. The man he backs up, Mark Sanchez, was second with 8% of the vote.

Tebow, I get. You may not have realized, but the media is quite fond of him. (Prints out Tebow picture, puts it in hope chest.) Why is Sanchez on there? Other than Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson, is there anyone in America who overrates him? The only way Sanchez could be overrated is if people think "terrible" is too kind a description. Even Eva Longoria has come to that realization.

Tony Romo (8%), Michael Vick (4%) and Ray Lewis (3%) were the next-highest vote getters and sane choices.

SI says 48 players received a vote as most overrated. That's an average of 1.5 per team, or 1.55 if you assume none was a Cleveland Brown. No one rates anyone on the Browns let alone overrates them.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9 a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:8549880&thr uParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

:thumbs:

10-25-2012 08:40 AM

LMAO at 34 percent.

Br0nc0Buster 10-25-2012 08:44 AM

Unpossible

He is one of the top 100 players....as a backup

Beantown Bronco 10-25-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Rob (Post 3706463)
That's an average of 1.5 per team, or 1.55 if you assume none was a Cleveland Brown. No one rates anyone on the Browns let alone overrates them.

That's gotta sting.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 10-25-2012 08:51 AM

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

TheChamp24 10-25-2012 08:56 AM

So wait, he was pegged as a top 100 man by NFL players, and then 34% of the players feel he is overrated.
lol

BUT ALL HE DOES IS WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Smilin Assassin 10-25-2012 09:01 AM

Honestly shocked Ray Lewis is on that list.

Quite possibly the best MLB ever.

Ever.

maher_tyler 10-25-2012 09:26 AM

How is Tim Tebow overrated? Anytime i hear anyone talking about him they are saying he can't throw the ball etc.

Beantown Bronco 10-25-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3706510)
How is Tim Tebow overrated? Anytime i hear anyone talking about him they are saying he can't throw the ball etc.

He does have a rabid fanbase. They may be the minority, but they're very vocal. Look no further than the Mane.

Sanchez, however, doesn't. It boggles the mind that he's on that list. Honestly, when was the last time you saw anyone praising his play? Fans, media, whatever. I've asked my Jets fan friends about this and they can't understand it either. There is no debate. He sucks.

Tombstone RJ 10-25-2012 09:35 AM

I think there's some jealousy rearing it's ugly head by this vote from his peers. They are basically saying that they think TT gets way too much media for what he's actually producing on the field and they are correct. But they cant say this to the press so they voice it through crap like this.

BigPlayShay 10-25-2012 09:55 AM

I can see why Sanchez is viewed as overrated by players. Think about all the hype behind USC QBs over the past decade or so, and they have all been average at best.

RedskinBronco 10-25-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3706516)
I think there's some jealousy rearing it's ugly head by this vote from his peers. They are basically saying that they think TT gets way too much media for what he's actually producing on the field and they are correct. But they cant say this to the press so they voice it through crap like this.

I agree. Honestly, Tebow goes out there and busts his ass. He is a winner in my book. Until I see otherwise, the guy just knows how to win despite his limitations in the passing game. At the end of the day, he does enough to generally win and I am thankful what he did for the broncos. I don't get the trashing of tebow on this board.

If anyone is overrated, it's Romo. Hype, hype and more hype and yet he ****s up more than any other QB not named Cassel. If Romo was on any other team, he would get trashed worse than Flacco. I find it funny that everyone argues "Joe Flacco is not elite" but with that star on his helmet "Romo is elite"

I will take Tebow over Romo anyday. Tebow knows how to win, Romo is knows how to lose. I told my Dallas friends that Romo would never ever win a SB because he doesn't have the focus for it. Last year, they started to come around on what I was saying. Tebow would win a SB as starting QB before Romo ever sniffed the SB.

Overrated = Romo. Much more than the 8% vote he got.

BroncoMan4ever 10-25-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin (Post 3706492)

Ever.

Agree. That is straight up haters vote. Urlacher would be the LB I could see on this list

lonestar 10-25-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin (Post 3706492)

Ever.

While I would have loved to have him in DEN does anyone really think behind our DL's over the past decade, (excluding this years and maybe part of last years..) he would have been THE Ray Lewis we know today?

10-25-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3706516)

Exactly. The Tebow story was amplified 1000x by a large chunk of the experts saying he had no chance in the NFL.

People cheer for underdogs. That was the long and short of the media frenzy. Anyone filing that story line under "overrated" has an English-language problem. But I guess if you're sampling the average NFL player, that's probably not surprising. :)

Garcia Bronco 10-25-2012 11:10 AM

I've got 8 wins and some retarded **** that says Tim isn't overrated.

maher_tyler 10-25-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedskinBronco (Post 3706529)
I agree. Honestly, Tebow goes out there and busts his ass. He is a winner in my book. Until I see otherwise, the guy just knows how to win despite his limitations in the passing game. At the end of the day, he does enough to generally win and I am thankful what he did for the broncos. I don't get the trashing of tebow on this board.

If anyone is overrated, it's Romo. Hype, hype and more hype and yet he ****s up more than any other QB not named Cassel. If Romo was on any other team, he would get trashed worse than Flacco. I find it funny that everyone argues "Joe Flacco is not elite" but with that star on his helmet "Romo is elite"

I will take Tebow over Romo anyday. Tebow knows how to win, Romo is knows how to lose. I told my Dallas friends that Romo would never ever win a SB because he doesn't have the focus for it. Last year, they started to come around on what I was saying. Tebow would win a SB as starting QB before Romo ever sniffed the SB.

Overrated = Romo. Much more than the 8% vote he got.

No one trashes or at least i don't trash Tebow personally, i think he's a great person and great role model. He is very likable. Which is why he gets so much attention. He is good for a few trick plays in the wildcat and punt formations and opening up the run game when he's at QB. Teams are not scared he is going to shread them with his arm though. Despite training with a few QB coaches, there is little improvement as far as him throwing the ball. He would need the 2000 Ravens D, TD in his prime and Devin Hester in the return game for him to ever win a SB or even get there. Its to bad because he is such a great person.

10-25-2012 11:19 AM

To be overrated you have to be reviewed in the public eye as being way too good. In Tebows case most know hes not good at his position. So "overrated" doesn't make sense. Overhyped is the better term.

10-25-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3706573)
No one trashes or at least i don't trash Tebow personally, i think he's a great person and great role model. He is very likable. Which is why he gets so much attention. He is good for a few trick plays in the wildcat and punt formations and opening up the run game when he's at QB. Teams are not scared he is going to shread them with his arm though. Despite training with a few QB coaches, there is little improvement as far as him throwing the ball. He would need the 2000 Ravens D, TD in his prime and Devin Hester in the return game for him to ever win a SB or even get there. Its to bad because he is such a great person.

He's a fat chick with an awesome personality. The only time you would even consider it is if you're desperate and your only other option is a chick with a neckbeard

Archer81 10-25-2012 11:31 AM

OK?

:Broncos:

10-25-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3706584)
OK?

Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain? And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain?

yep.

Archer81 10-25-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menonite (Post 3706589)
Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain? And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, when the wind comes right behind the rain?

yep.

Indeed.

:Broncos:

Kaylore 10-25-2012 11:47 AM

I love how the overrated players are the players everyone is always saying sucks.

http://techredible.com/wp-content/up...d1-300x252.jpg

maven 10-25-2012 12:20 PM

I'm not surprised players think Timmy is overrated. He's just not very good.

cmhargrove 10-25-2012 12:24 PM

The problem with this poll?

Tim Tebow has no peers.... :)