The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Least and Most Liked Players in the NFL (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108218)

Binkythefrog 10-24-2012 07:26 PM

Least and Most Liked Players in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...rs-forbes-list

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanri...liked-players/

Lots of players with Broncos ties on this list:

Cutler, Quinn, Orton, Manning.

I'm sure you can guess who is on which list.

10-24-2012 07:32 PM

Nothing to write about? Just have poll commissioned. Why bother doing any real reporting when for a few bucks you can make the news up yourself.

How many people were surveyed? What was the breakdown among gender? How many described themselves as regular viewers of the NFL? Doesn't matter. Just come up with a few numbers and let the ad dollars flow in.

KipCorrington25 10-24-2012 07:47 PM

I can't belive Palumalu won I can't stand that prick.

10-24-2012 08:03 PM

how is Orton on there, and how is Cam not?

extralife 10-24-2012 08:08 PM

list is obviously wrong, tebow isn't on both (or, uhhh, either)

Kaylore 10-24-2012 08:16 PM

I don't get how people dislike Leinart. I mean not that he's likable, but he seems irrelevant. There are twenty players I can think of who I dislike more than Matt Leinart.

broncocalijohn 10-24-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3706262)
I don't get how people dislike Leinart. I mean not that he's likable, but he seems irrelevant. There are twenty players I can think of who I dislike more than Matt Leinart.

The hot tub picture made a whole bunch of fans jealous.

baja 10-24-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3706261)

LOL Now that's funny!!

NFLBRONCO 10-24-2012 08:31 PM

Surprised Champ wasn't listed

Tebow wasn't on list must be working most popular vigin list to post later

lonestar 10-24-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 (Post 3706255)
I can't belive Palumalu won I can't stand that prick.

must be petty jealousy had he played for the Broncos instead of a team that kicked our asses over the years. you would love the guy.. probably the same for Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and the list goes on..

Bet you hated Manning while he was in INDY also..

I know quality when I see it.. I would have loved to him him in DEN instead to the morons (save John L and Dawkins) we have been saddled with since Atwater was released by Mikey..

KipCorrington25 10-24-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3706269)
must be petty jealousy had he played for the Broncos instead of a team that kicked our asses over the years. you would love the guy.. probably the same for Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, and the list goes on..

I know quality when I see it.. I would have loved to him him in DEN instead to the morons (save John L and Dawkins) we have been saddled with since Atwater was released by Mikey..

He plays dirty.

lonestar 10-24-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 (Post 3706276)
He plays dirty.

no more or less than Atwater did..

He plays with a passion..

Had he been on DEN team would you still feel that way?

Br0nc0Buster 10-24-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

kicked our asses?
If recent history is of any relevance they have no room to talk at all

Polumalu is a dirty piece of ****
I dont care how good he is

lonestar 10-24-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster (Post 3706285)
kicked our asses?
If recent history is of any relevance they have no room to talk at all

Polumalu is a dirty piece of ****
I dont care how good he is

Sure you do not..

we beat them twice lately, once on a fluke play for 80 yards.. BFD..
this year first game we got lucky.. without a good many of their starters, BTW same applied to the the playoff game..

this last one..

Final Score 19 Final Score 31
Time of Possession 35:05 Time of Possession 24:55
then go back to and look at AFFCG to start with..

They have clearly been the better team the past decade.. and lots of that has been because of Troy P.

baja 10-24-2012 09:15 PM

Cutler with a bullet, what a surprise.

NUB 10-24-2012 09:17 PM

The interesting thing about Polamalu is that he is probably the most religious person in the NFL. People often talk-up Tebow, but Polamalu is known to be chanting Christian verses while tackling people. If I remember right, he recently converted to Orthodox Christianity and is very much into it.

I'm surprised to see Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn on that list, because they haven't done anything but be busts. At the very least Vince Young is a bust and he committed hubris last season with his dream team crap that caught the Eagles a lot of flak. Kyle Orton's appearance is hilarious, possibly affirming that he is the most generic, mediocre and boring QB to watch in the entire league. Not at all surprised by Cutler and Suh topping the list, though both guys are actually pretty decent folks off the field. Santonio Holmes is the least likable player right now when it comes to on-the-field crap, personally speaking.

Blueflame 10-24-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

I'm just not seeing this alleged "ass-kicking over the years" from a team we've beaten 14-7-1. In the last decade (and/or since Polamalu was drafted in 2003), we've won 5 times and lost twice.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...tm2=pit&yr=all

10-24-2012 11:46 PM

Can't say I'm surprised about Suh. He's the dirtiest player in the league.

He acts like a Raider.

rmsanger 10-25-2012 12:41 AM

figured Brady, Big Ben, and AP would be on that list... I can't figure why anyone wouldn't put SJax and AP on the like list for all that they do for their teams.

:shrug:

lonestar 10-25-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame (Post 3706364)
I'm just not seeing this alleged "ass-kicking over the years" from a team we've beaten 14-7-1. In the last decade (and/or since Polamalu was drafted in 2003), we've won 5 times and lost twice.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...tm2=pit&yr=all

Actually it is 18-10-1 as I just saw it..

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..

10-25-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3706386)
Actually it is 18-10-1 as I just saw it..

I discount the last two "wins" although they are wins neither time did PIT bring their stud starters to town.. their "other" starting safety played in neither game due to sickle cell issues at altitude..

nor did many of their other stars play IIRC in both games they were down to almost playing TE's on the online..

Call me a purest but hollow victories over beat up teams does not show me much.. BUT, yes it is a win..

Please tell me you would not have liked to have Troy P playing in DEN all these years, other than some of the other skells we have had.. I discount that by saying John L and B dawkins are not considered on the Skell list.. but even then they were rentals and not nearly in their prime..

Next man up. Part of having a good team is having good depth. Injuries happen to every team. Its football and a win is a win no matter how much you discount it.

As for Polamalu, Ive never really seen him as a dirty player. That jui jitsu takle he did on DT was a little over the top for me but other than that, never really thought he was dirty.

lonestar 10-25-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaiy (Post 3706387)
Next man up. Part of having a good team is having good depth. Injuries happen to every team. Its football and a win is a win no matter how much you discount it.

As for Polamalu, Ive never really seen him as a dirty player. That jui jitsu takle he did on DT was a little over the top for me but other than that, never really thought he was dirty.

YOur correct but when you are down to the last walking OL guy becasue 4+ have been hurt in the last couple ogf games well we would be sucking hind teat if it happened to us..

and then having those same OL guys playing positions other than what they normally would just compounds it.. IIRC the ORT was playing OC in the last game.. Sometime that next man up is a TE..

I have seen nothing but great plays out of Troy P.. I think most folks or probably should say KIDDIES on here are pissed that he has been to more Pro bowls than most of our team combined..

IMO is it sad to hate a player or a team just because they beat you.. Now I will say I have zero love lost on any raider save maybe Seymour would have loved to have him but not at the price aldavis paid..

way to many petty little prissy kiddies that really do not understand NFL football.. and they run around here hating this guy or that guy, for the only reason that they helped beat our team.. petty little minds..

10-25-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3706261)

The list was created by just asking Tebow for pronouncements.

v2micca 10-25-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3706262)

Yeah, I was kind of scratching my head on that one as well. Hell, I didn't even know that he was still in the NFL. Must be residual USC hate.

bowtown 10-25-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3706388)
YOur correct but when you are down to the last walking OL guy becasue 4+ have been hurt in the last couple ogf games well we would be sucking hind teat if it happened to us..

and then having those same OL guys playing positions other than what they normally would just compounds it.. IIRC the ORT was playing OC in the last game.. Sometime that next man up is a TE..

I have seen nothing but great plays out of Troy P.. I think most folks or probably should say KIDDIES on here are pissed that he has been to more Pro bowls than most of our team combined..

IMO is it sad to hate a player or a team just because they beat you.. Now I will say I have zero love lost on any raider save maybe Seymour would have loved to have him but not at the price aldavis paid..

way to many petty little prissy kiddies that really do not understand NFL football.. and they run around here hating this guy or that guy, for the only reason that they helped beat our team.. petty little minds..

just shut up already.