The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Super Manning Bros. On Top of QBR (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108205)

SeedReaver 10-24-2012 08:33 AM

Super Manning Bros. On Top of QBR

Blah blah 100 post rule.

I know QB rating and ESPN's QBR are hardly end-all-be-all stats, but our dearest melonhead leads the QBR rankings with his dopey brother following close behind:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

What doesn't surprise me: Andrew Luck and RGIII in the top 10.

What does surprise me: Jake Locker in the top 10, and Phillip Rivers and Brandon Weeden at the bottom.

Kaylore 10-24-2012 08:42 AM

Andrew Luck at six as a rookie. I hate the Colts so much....

RhymesayersDU 10-24-2012 08:47 AM

I like ESPN QBR a lot. Definitely better than the NFL QB Rating.

10-24-2012 08:54 AM

I am surprised RG3 is in the top 10 considering how he plays the game with only his first read.

RG3 is your super game manager... Shanny got some good offensive game planning this season.

Kaylore 10-24-2012 09:05 AM

RG3 is looking very good. He's completed 70% of his passes. He might only have a read or two, but this isn't Cam Newton again. RGIII looks to pass first and only uses his legs when he needs to. I think he could be an awesome QB.

SeedReaver 10-24-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3705887)
RG3 is looking very good. He's completed 70% of his passes. He might only have a read or two, but this isn't Cam Newton again. RGIII looks to pass first and only uses his legs when he needs to. I think he could be an awesome QB.

Agreed. I didn't like Cam coming out of college. I proceeded to feel really dumb when he put up those numbers last season. Now, I feel smart again, and quietly relish the fact that he is struggling.

RGIII is a different beast. I thought him going to Washington was going to turn him into a Terrell Owens style diva - but he has only impressed me. The little-known Tebow effect that McGruder was failing to explain will likely become the very-well known RGIII effect. He may very well remodel the quarterback position.

10-24-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

He does. He's actually very accurate with a nice arm and his legs help him (along with that running game)...

But he literally uses his first read 95% of the time. He will need to develop that.

I'm interested to see how Dick LeBeau defends him this week... always gotten the best of Shanny...

With that being said, I think Andrew Luck will be better than Griffin in the long run.

gyldenlove 10-24-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

It also has to do with game planning, Shanahan is deliberately forcing a game plan that requires passing and doesn't use sandlot option plays like the ones they use in Carolina for Newton. Carolina has been running a simplified offense for Newton since he got there, they don't do that in Washington because Griffin can handle a full offense.

gunns 10-24-2012 09:48 AM

Archie has to be so proud.

http://www.scholastic.com/content5/m...153775_xlg.jpg

TheChamp24 10-24-2012 09:48 AM

I think this goes to show how idiotic QBR is to be honest.
Andrew Luck ahead of Aaron Rodgers?
You're telling me a QB who has completed 53% of his passes, has a 7-7 TD/INT ratio, and averaging less than 7 yards an attempt is having a better season than the former NFL MVP?

ColoradoDarin 10-24-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChamp24 (Post 3705908)
You're telling me a QB who has completed 53% of his passes, has a 7-7 TD/INT ratio, and averaging less than 7 yards an attempt is having a better season than the former NFL MVP?

Are you telling me that just because someone is a *former* MVP that makes them immune to having bad games/years?

ludo21 10-24-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

maybe because Luck beat him?

cmhargrove 10-24-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

QBR is about actual statistics, not necessarily trends. Rodgers should indeed beat out Luck as the season goes on, but he had a really poor start to the season. Now that he's found his mojo again, his stats should start to skyrocket.

Kaylore 10-24-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3705891)
It also has to do with game planning, Shanahan is deliberately forcing a game plan that requires passing and doesn't use sandlot option plays like the ones they use in Carolina for Newton. Carolina has been running a simplified offense for Newton since he got there, they don't do that in Washington because Griffin can handle a full offense.

Really it comes down to who you trust more to develop a young, mobile QB: Mike Shanahan or Ron Rivera?

Reivera is a defensive coordinator.

Shanahan has coached up: Steve Young, John Elway, Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler just to name a few. Each has had career years under Shanahan.

Hmmmmmm....tough decision.

baja 10-24-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3705910)
Are you telling me that just because someone is a *former* MVP that makes them immune to having bad games/years?

Except he is not having a bad season

Rock Chalk 10-24-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3705919)
Except he is not having a bad season

He had a bad start though.

baja 10-24-2012 10:30 AM

Jay Cutler at 19. Seems low for a "franchise quarterback" ;D

baja 10-24-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3705925)
He had a bad start though.

True.

maven 10-24-2012 11:06 AM

Where is Tim Tebow on that list?

10-24-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3705891)

Err...they aren't using a full playbook with RG3. Not even close.

Mountain Bronco 10-24-2012 11:10 AM

It is the bad sacks that kill Rodgers ratings and was the knock on him prior to his MVP season, so not that surprised to see that.

Luck is going to be great and his legs are legit as well.

F Cam Newton, he is killing my fantasy season, should have stuck with Luck.

10-24-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3705954)
Err...they aren't using a full playbook with RG3. Not even close.

Art Briles has his handprints all over that redskin playbook. Some of those plays are exact replicas of Baylors offense

maven 10-24-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3705950)
Where is Tim Tebow on that list?

Found it, #49

10-24-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3705964)
Found it, #49

id take Sanu over tebow

Houshyamama 10-24-2012 11:41 AM

My question is, how does Luck have a higher Run EPA than RGIII. I realize Luck has surprising speed, but.... let's be real here.