The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Manning may need 5th neck surgery? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108131)

10-20-2012 08:03 AM

Manning may need 5th neck surgery?

Anyone else heard these whispers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by San Diego rag
But who wants to win by default? Even if the passes still wobble, even if the whisperers say he’ll need a fifth neck surgery, Manning is reminding us that brains win in the NFL.

“He knows how to move the football and who to throw it to,” Norv Turner said. “You don’t get style points in this league for spirals or how hard or far the ball goes. You get points by putting drives together and scoring points.”

Rest of article: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...d-be-snoozevi/

10-20-2012 08:06 AM

Classic change of subject from an entity that wants to spin bad press to someone else.

10-20-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dictionary (Post 3702914)
Classic change of subject from an entity that wants to spin bad press to someone else.

Well, the whole article was thanking Peyton for choosing the AFC West because otherwise it would be a dreadful division..... or more dreadful than it is now.

TheReverend 10-20-2012 09:00 AM

Think its a hypothetical? Seems like nonsense to me.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 10-20-2012 09:04 AM

I've not heard a breath of this. It would have been all over talk radio and the like.

Pendejo 10-20-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3702926)
Think its a hypothetical? Seems like nonsense to me.

It's like when Hunter S. Thompson wrote about a rumor that Ed Muskie was addicted to Ibogaine. Of course the Doktor started the rumor, but it still made the rounds and people took it seriously enough.

baja 10-20-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendejo (Post 3702929)
It's like when Hunter S. Thompson wrote about a rumor that Ed Muskie was addicted to Ibogaine. Of course the Doktor started the rumor, but it still made the rounds and people took it seriously enough.

Now that post dates you. ;D

10-20-2012 09:43 AM

Sounds like a passive aggressive bitter SD fan. What a garbage article.

SeedReaver 10-20-2012 09:45 AM

If only McGruder were here - he'd know exactly what the Three Truths were behind this conspiracy when he's finished studying the pyramids to hammer out the proof to the Tebow Effect (little known, btw). Almighty McGruder, please let us know why Tebow is now a punt returner and if Peyton Manning REALLY needs a 5th neck surgery, or just another round of duct tape.

SouthStndJunkie 10-20-2012 09:46 AM

Looks like an 'innocuous' blurb thrown into an article by a mediocre sportswriter who is hoping someone will notice it and post it around message boards in an attempt to draw attention to one of his articles that nobody would otherwise read.

NFLBRONCO 10-20-2012 09:54 AM

Translation: The AFC West wishes Manning would need a 5th neck surgery.

10-20-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3702940)
Looks like an 'innocuous' blurb thrown into an article by a mediocre sportswriter who is hoping someone will notice it and post it around message boards in an attempt to draw attention to one of his articles that nobody would otherwise read.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...CZ4ATKqLs-rCC-

broncosteven 10-20-2012 10:27 AM

I was told by my doctor that once you have 1 fusion eventually I will need the verts above and below fused until eventually they will have to fuse the whole thing. I may not live that long but know 2 people who started with one level fusions who have since had their entire spine fused, rodded and screwed together.

Once one disk gets out of wack the others fall like domino's but slower because everything is out of alignment.

baja 10-20-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Let's start a rumor about a plan to attach Manning's head on a younger more athletic body and he plans on playing another 15 years.

10-20-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3702953)
I was told by my doctor that once you have 1 fusion eventually I will need the verts above and below fused until eventually they will have to fuse the whole thing. I may not live that long but know 2 people who started with one level fusions who have since had their entire spine fused, rodded and screwed together.

Once one disk gets out of wack the others fall like domino's but slower because everything is out of alignment.

Guess it all depends on what you have fused. I cant imagine being as old as Peyton (or you lol) and having that procedure.

I got fused from T1 to L3 with 2 titanium rods and 26 titanium screws.

10-20-2012 10:57 AM

Is this what it takes to be a journalist? A computer and the ability to make up crap?

Kaylore 10-20-2012 11:02 AM

Manning's arm strength is getting better, not worse. The neck surgeries were begun as manning's nerve damage eroded his arm strength.

Taco John 10-20-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendejo (Post 3702929)

What about those rumors about the Studebaker? They said it would replace horse and buggy someday!

TheReverend 10-20-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Going to do this in my next write-up. Also going to write 6 pages about Tebow.

SurefireViralCampaign/10

Dean 10-20-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaiy (Post 3702968)
Is this what it takes to be a journalist? A computer and the ability to make up crap?

If he has those two things he could post on a message board as well.;D

10-20-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 3702996)
If he has those two things he could post on a message board as well.;D

This is very true lol

DAN_BRONCO_FAN 10-20-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

irony much ?LOL

10-20-2012 01:02 PM

It's funny that people act like 35 is steps away from social security checks, rest homes and wheelchairs.

KipCorrington25 10-20-2012 01:11 PM

If this is true somebody on the light rail will know for sure.

10-20-2012 01:37 PM

I heard Peyton's agent contacted AARP about possible coverage.