The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Denver Broncos' Barrel Man (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108115)

10-19-2012 12:15 PM

Denver Broncos' Barrel Man

I miss him and sometimes wish that someone would pick up his mantle: http://www.9news.com/news/article/29...ored-at-museum.

Crushaholic 10-19-2012 12:24 PM

Good Lord. Has it really been 3 years? zowie!

Chris 10-19-2012 01:59 PM

I like it. RIP. Having said that, that sculpture looks odd.

cutthemdown 10-19-2012 02:09 PM

I have a football he signed for me at the Charger game in SD, 1998.

cutthemdown 10-19-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3702556)
I like it. RIP. Having said that, that sculpture looks odd.

I think that was stages of its development, not the finished product.

10-19-2012 02:15 PM

Barrel Man was awesome

broncosteven 10-19-2012 03:17 PM

I met him at the HOF when John went in. I felt bad for bugging him, he wasn't feeling well but he took the time to take pictures and talk a little.

Seemed like a great ambassador for all of us Bronco Fans.

OBF1 10-19-2012 04:02 PM

Becky looks like she is doing real good. I am so glad she started the charity for Tim. I really miss my old friend. :pray:

Doggcow 10-19-2012 04:44 PM

Wow, it's been that long? He was an icon. I fear there won't be many like this in the future.

I know I'm pseudo part of the next generation, but these kids now coming out of high school, are more worried about facebooking than actual human interaction, unless it involves designer drugs and flashing lights.

10-19-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3702649)
I know I'm pseudo part of the next generation, but these kids now coming out of high school, are more worried about facebooking than actual human interaction, unless it involves designer drugs and flashing lights.

Preach it brother. Kids these days will never know the simple pleasure of sitting next to a chubby naked old guy wearing a barrel. All they'll have to console themselves with is their youth, hot teenage sex, and kickass drugs. It's tragic really.

loborugger 10-19-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dictionary (Post 3702471)
I miss him and sometimes wish that someone would pick up his mantle: http://www.9news.com/news/article/29...ored-at-museum.

All you need is a fat middle aged white dude willing to embarrass himself at a football game. Shouldnt be too hard to find.

broncocalijohn 10-19-2012 08:31 PM

No way someone should take up the Barrel. He was one of a kind and we still have Top Hat Jay to get the crowd going. BTW, **** the Leprachuan ahole.

10-20-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3702769)
No way someone should take up the Barrel. He was one of a kind and we still have Top Hat Jay to get the crowd going. BTW, **** the Leprachuan ahole.

I am not familiar with the "Leprechaun"...do tell.

Kaylore 10-20-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3702769)

Yeah that dude sucks. Discoman is my vote for best super fan.

Hamrob 10-20-2012 10:27 AM

Truly wonderful individual. I met him at the Dallas game in 1998 tailgating in the parking lot. Great guy...posed for photos, talked about the Broncos and history as fans, where we were from, where we grew up. A true icon of Denver Broncos Football!

I have to say...I have my picture with greats like Elway, Gradishar, Meck, Atwater and several others. I got them for training camp mostly, and shared some great moments. But, everyone who views the pictures always gravitates to the picture I have with the Barrel Man. They love that one!!! I can assure you...it has little to do with me!

Natedogg 10-20-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3702977)
Yeah that dude sucks. Discoman is my vote for best super fan.

Who was the guy that dressed up as Jake the Snake?? And now wears Broncos on his shoulders?? That guy rulez.

broncosteven 10-20-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dictionary (Post 3702976)
I am not familiar with the "Leprechaun"...do tell.

He was a fixture on TV in the late 70's-the 90's. He just seemed more about getting on TV than being about the broncos. I think he has been to games this year but I don't think he is in the endzone anymore seems like his seats aren't as condusive to jumping up and dancing for the camera.

Anyone remember the dude who would walk around in a fist who called himself Orange Crush?

NEBronco 10-21-2012 11:31 AM

As a LIFE LONG Broncos fan living in NE, it was an HONOR the day I got to meet Barrel Man at a tailgate before a game my wife and I were attending. It is not everyday you get to meet a Legend but he was so nice and genuine, it was a day I will never forget.
RIP Barrelman!!!

RhymesayersDU 10-21-2012 03:05 PM

Whoa! A thread about superfans and not one single mention of TGN?!?!?!

Guys, he's a legend. Just ask him.