The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Awesome Fantasy Football Things (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108103)

Doggcow 10-18-2012 10:30 PM

Awesome Fantasy Football Things
 
When the guy that starts the season talking **** about your team for whatever reason is now 1-5 in a $300 league.

When your co-worker talks trash all week, then plays GB D Vs Drew Brees (Your QB), scores -1, and loses to you by 2.

Playing Christian Ponder when Brees is on a bye and being the high scorer by 25 points.

What about you guys?

maven 10-18-2012 10:37 PM

The worst for me so far is Rodgers going for 50 points. I had that week in the bag leading by 20 something points and had Foster running that night against his Rodgers, but that ****er went for 50. Unreal.

extralife 10-18-2012 11:06 PM

absolutely no one in the world cares about what happens in your fantasy league. this is an immutable rule.

Doggcow 10-18-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3702109)
The worst for me so far is Rodgers going for 50 points. I had that week in the bag leading by 20 something points and had Foster running that night against his Rodgers, but that ****er went for 50. Unreal.

LOL That happened in my league and to my Bro in another league.

BTW **** Harbaugh for costing me a safety.

mkporter 10-19-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3702109)
The worst for me so far is Rodgers going for 50 points. I had that week in the bag leading by 20 something points and had Foster running that night against his Rodgers, but that ****er went for 50. Unreal.

This. Exactly this.

LongDongJohnson 10-19-2012 12:58 AM

Me having Phylis as my fantasy QB.

Drunk Monkey 10-19-2012 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson (Post 3702153)
Me having Phylis as my fantasy QB.

Probably better then J Cutty

Broncoman13 10-19-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey (Post 3702168)
Probably better then J Cutty

Worse than just having JC, I made him a keeper (15th round). Could have kept, McGahee or Reggie Bush or even DT. FML. Thought Cutler would do a lot better with BMarsh and Forte catching his normal 60-70 balls.

Cool things though, winning only two games and winning high week prize for both weeks which is currently up to $28 per week and will likely go up to around $35. One more high week and I will at least break even for my luxury tax and FA signings! Need to place top three to come out ahead!

gunns 10-19-2012 04:59 AM

Glad to see others having the same confusing problems this year. Worst year I've ever had. In one league where I've been lucky to squeak out 2 wins because others having the same year, I'm finally smart enough to sit Eli Manning and start Andy Dalton who got more than double what Manning got, but finally sitting Jordy Nelson who has less pts than my kicker for the season and he gets more pts than the QB's....and I lose by 3 pts. And then there's a money league where I'm 0-5 and have lost by a total of 9 pts combined for the last 3 weeks while some unknown player sits on my bench scoring a ton of pts.

10-19-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3702109)
The worst for me so far is Rodgers going for 50 points. I had that week in the bag leading by 20 something points and had Foster running that night against his Rodgers, but that ****er went for 50. Unreal.

Seconded. So ****ing mad

maher_tyler 10-19-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3702185)
Glad to see others having the same confusing problems this year. Worst year I've ever had. In one league where I've been lucky to squeak out 2 wins because others having the same year, I'm finally smart enough to sit Eli Manning and start Andy Dalton who got more than double what Manning got, but finally sitting Jordy Nelson who has less pts than my kicker for the season and he gets more pts than the QB's....and I lose by 3 pts. And then there's a money league where I'm 0-5 and have lost by a total of 9 pts combined for the last 3 weeks while some unknown player sits on my bench scoring a ton of pts.

This past week was a blessing for a change. Having Jordy Nelson helped with 30 points. Bears were on the bye week so i was forced to start the Broncos D. They got me 29 points while Decker got me an extra 15. I was high scorer in my league with 137 points total ;D

spdirty 10-19-2012 06:01 AM

Having an awesome bench.

Then trading RG3, McGahee, and Maclin for Calvin and Andre. Then trading Vick, Torrey Smith, Jordy Nelson for Matt Ryan and Pierre Thomas. Then trading Andre and Thomas for Julio. Now this is my starting lineup.

Matt Ryan
Lesean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
Jimmy Graham

Scoring 184 then 196 then taking a dump and limping for 91.

Beating condia on fanduel by holding off Chaz Schillens on Monday Night. Who the **** starts Chaz Schillens? Condia does. :)

cousinal11 10-19-2012 06:02 AM

These are a few things I went through in the past. I'm in a keeper league, in our 13th season and I've had a lot of success but...

Lost a championship because I started Billy Volek (who was on fire) over Brett Favre (who always sucked @ Minnesota). Their point differential was the difference in my game's outcome.

Lost a championship because Maurice Jones-Drew went down untouched, got up and went for an 80 yard TD run. Of all the disciplined team's he was playing against, it was Belichick's Patriots D that had a brain fart. I still had a chance that game with Wes Welker (then with Miami) only needing a few points and there was a monsoon in South Florida. I can't remember if he even had a catch.

rmsanger 10-19-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3702124)
absolutely no one in the world cares about what happens in your fantasy league. this is an immutable rule.

True, unless the same thing happened to them... Let those unexpectedly burned by Rodgers recently band together in there fantasy fury and strike fear into the hearts of their opponents seeking revenge.

mwill07 10-19-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3702124)
absolutely no one in the world cares about what happens in your fantasy league. this is an immutable rule.

this.

Fantasy football is something that everyone likes talking about, but no one likes listening about.

I've been doing this for well over a decade, stated a few leagues, won some championships, but I think I might retire after this season.

maher_tyler 10-19-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3702196)
Having an awesome bench.

Then trading RG3, McGahee, and Maclin for Calvin and Andre. Then trading Vick, Torrey Smith, Jordy Nelson for Matt Ryan and Pierre Thomas. Then trading Andre and Thomas for Julio. Now this is my starting lineup.

Matt Ryan
Lesean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
Jimmy Graham

Scoring 184 then 196 then taking a dump and limping for 91.

Beating condia on fanduel by holding off Chaz Schillens on Monday Night. Who the **** starts Chaz Schillens? Condia does. :)

Andre Johnson has gotten me over 10 points like once or twice...been pretty disappointed with him so far. 184 and 196 points, my god...you either have the best fantasy team ever or they do the points different...

spdirty 10-19-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3702206)
Andre Johnson has gotten me over 10 points like once or twice...been pretty disappointed with him so far. 184 and 196 points, my god...you either have the best fantasy team ever or they do the points different...

That was one of those "buy low" moments where Julio hadn't done well while Roddy was blowing up. The Julio owner was pissed at him, looked for a trade partner, I offered up Andre, he countered with Calvin for Julio, then I countered with Andre and Pierre, reminded him how weak he is at RB, and he accepted. That was fun.

It's the orangemane 3 league. In that we start 10 players instead of 9, and 1 point ppr. So yeah, it is weighted a bit towards scoring more.

cousinal11 10-19-2012 09:01 AM

My brother actually lost 1 game this season on the awful call to end the Monday night game in Seattle. He had GB DEF left and the points GB gave up on the hail mary cost his team -3 points and he lost by .5. Worst part about it was the extra point they waited like 20 minutes to kick at the end of regulation actually triggered the -3. So he had to sit up and wait to see if they were going to kick it or not.

Then he lost last week by less than a touchdown. Who was his WR on Monday night? Eric Decker.

ludo21 10-19-2012 09:11 AM

Picking Dalton off the waiver wire and Sitting Cutler has been money for me.

Picking up Ramses Barden for his monster game a few weeks back and then driopping him.

10-19-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3702124)
absolutely no one in the world cares about what happens in your fantasy league. this is an immutable rule.

This is so true.

Anikai 10-19-2012 09:29 AM

Still getting the points for yards when Thomas fumbled all those times....Im 6-0 and have had high score 2 weeks in a row.

Frisian 10-19-2012 09:48 AM

I lost by two points last week, because Decker tripped over his own feet!

maher_tyler 10-19-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3702303)
Picking Dalton off the waiver wire and Sitting Cutler has been money for me.

Picking up Ramses Barden for his monster game a few weeks back and then driopping him.

I finally had enough of Romo. Dropped him and picked up Luck.

mkporter 10-19-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3702322)
This is so true.

Doesn't explain why you are reading and posting in a clearly marked fantasy football thread, though.

cutthemdown 10-19-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3702196)
Having an awesome bench.

Then trading RG3, McGahee, and Maclin for Calvin and Andre. Then trading Vick, Torrey Smith, Jordy Nelson for Matt Ryan and Pierre Thomas. Then trading Andre and Thomas for Julio. Now this is my starting lineup.

Matt Ryan
Lesean McCoy
Trent Richardson
Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
Jimmy Graham

Scoring 184 then 196 then taking a dump and limping for 91.

Beating condia on fanduel by holding off Chaz Schillens on Monday Night. Who the **** starts Chaz Schillens? Condia does. :)

who trades Calvin Johnson. Who would trade Julio for what you gave up? Not in the leagues I play in that is for sure.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.