The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Clady Beasting in Contract Year (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108097)

LongDongJohnson 10-18-2012 03:29 PM

Clady Beasting in Contract Year

I've been interested in the play of Ryan Clady lately. I saw this article on Pro Football Focus (everyone's favorite site to see how a player is doing).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

From what i've seen with my own eyes, Clady has being doing pretty good this year after an average year last season.

But according to this guy, ole Ryan Clady is the 2nd best Tackle (in terms of pass protection) so far this season (Orlando Franklin is #15).

Of all the expiring contracts coming this next off season, Ryan Clady should be our #1 priority. He's 26 years old and has been nothing but reliable for us. If we let him go, that means we will have a huge hole at LT next season.

Elway better resign him next summer. I see a huge payday for Clady in the near future. I hope its us that is signing his check.

cutthemdown 10-18-2012 03:50 PM

I think they will tag him if they have to.

myMind 10-18-2012 03:57 PM

Denver is the only team with both tackles in the top 15. Boom.

BroncoMan4ever 10-18-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3701813)
I think they will tag him if they have to.

Exactly! Clady isn't going anywhere next season. Deal gets done or he gets tagged

LongDongJohnson 10-18-2012 04:10 PM

Didn't see the other Clady thread. My bad.

All I saw today was a China thread and a Tebow thread.

DBroncos4life 10-18-2012 04:11 PM

He is beasting with a real NFL QB. Most of us knew the OL would play 10 times better this year for a number of reasons.

cutthemdown 10-18-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myMind (Post 3701818)

We just need some help in the interior of that oline and then our running game will be as good as our pass protection.

Lestat 10-18-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3701829)
We just need some help in the interior of that oline and then our running game will be as good as our pass protection.

yep, if we can get a really good C we'll be set. Zane is playing pretty well so he can stay. :strong:

10-18-2012 04:19 PM

Like I said in other thread. We should of paid the man when his stock was down. Manning was and now is making him a lot more money than his value was at the time.

cutthemdown 10-18-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3701838)
yep, if we can get a really good C we'll be set. Zane is playing pretty well so he can stay. :strong:

With Kuper being great at pass protection, not as good in short yrdage, a road grading guard on the other side wouldn't be a bad idea. And I agree a center is probably a certainity in either FA or the draft, or both.

Lestat 10-18-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3701842)
With Kuper being great at pass protection, not as good in short yrdage, a road grading guard on the other side wouldn't be a bad idea. And I agree a center is probably a certainity in either FA or the draft, or both.

yeah i agree but we can get away with Zane as the other OG due to us mostly being a balanced or passing team(due to having to come back so often).
the slot and TE's can make up some of the difference and a great C would do a world of good in all facets of the OL and offense period.

Bronco Boy 10-18-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Manning Effect.

cutthemdown 10-18-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3701848)
yeah i agree but we can get away with Zane as the other OG due to us mostly being a balanced or passing team(due to having to come back so often).
the slot and TE's can make up some of the difference and a great C would do a world of good in all facets of the OL and offense period.

I sure would like to see us run the ball better in short yardage. It kills me when we cant run it on 3-2. Hell 3-1 is even a passing down for the Broncos it seems.

Maybe I am wrong and our interior oline is better then i think. But when the LOS gets loaded up, it seems like they always give up penetration.

Am I the only one seeing it like this?

Lestat 10-18-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3701884)
I sure would like to see us run the ball better in short yardage. It kills me when we cant run it on 3-2. Hell 3-1 is even a passing down for the Broncos it seems.

Maybe I am wrong and our interior oline is better then i think. But when the LOS gets loaded up, it seems like they always give up penetration.

no, but i think some of that would be cleared up with a really good C.
they can make the line calls and shuffle around the protection and help fix some of the blocking issues.

a guard would help out a lot as well but the C is the QB of the OL and having a really good one makes the entire line better.

KipCorrington25 10-18-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Yeah but KC has 2 in the bottom 15. ROFL!

10-18-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3701842)

isnt there a draftee named Blake who is a C?

10-18-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

It needs to be PMFM's call - did you see that quick pass to Stokes? they have that dialed in and it will be good for 6-10 whenever they can do it.
was REALLY glad to see that - it's available to guys who can communicate it and get the ball out clean and fast - PMFM knows what to do @ 3rd & 2

ZONA 10-18-2012 08:36 PM

How is it some of you guys are saying we need to sign or draft a center? Walton was doing pretty well until his injury and then Koppen has filled in very well. He could easily play 1 or 2 more years while we still have manning.

I'd bet anybody $100 we don't draft a center and if we pick up a FA it will be a depth guy that could play C/G, not a starting C. Betcha.

DenverBroncosJM 10-18-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3702061)
How is it some of you guys are saying we need to sign or draft a center? Walton was doing pretty well until his injury and then Koppen has filled in very well. He could easily play 1 or 2 more years while we still have manning.

I'd bet anybody $100 we don't draft a center and if we pick up a FA it will be a depth guy that could play C/G, not a starting C. Betcha.

Because he wasn't that great his rookie year or last so he automatically still sucks...

kappys 10-18-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3702061)

Beadles is the one who has really surprised me this season with his excellent play. Walton looks improved but still is very poor at getting out to the 2nd level and taking LB's out of running plays. We could certainly look to improve though I wouldn't make it a high priority.

Mogulseeker 10-18-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Naw... I think 3rd and 1 is a passing down for any Manning offense.

lonestar 10-18-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson (Post 3701796)
I've been interested in the play of Ryan Clady lately. I saw this article on Pro Football Focus (everyone's favorite site to see how a player is doing).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

From what i've seen with my own eyes, Clady has being doing pretty good this year after an average year last season.

But according to this guy, ole Ryan Clady is the 2nd best Tackle (in terms of pass protection) so far this season (Orlando Franklin is #15).

Of all the expiring contracts coming this next off season, Ryan Clady should be our #1 priority. He's 26 years old and has been nothing but reliable for us. If we let him go, that means we will have a huge hole at LT next season.

Elway better resign him next summer. I see a huge payday for Clady in the near future. I hope its us that is signing his check.

Tag him and draft a newbie..

hell he lead the league in holding call last year..

Sounds like someone just playing for a contract where has he been the past few years..

OLT is not the biggie spot that it used to be with quick reads and getting the ball out fast , not as big a deal as it was when QB's were dropping into 7 step drops..

Not that I have counted but I'd think that 50%+ of the snaps are shotgun..

I'm hoping that John we give him a fair contract of less than what he was offered last summer.. If he does not like it TAG him..

extralife 10-18-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3702117)
hell he lead the league in holding call last year..

that's what happens when tebow runs around behind the line of scrimmage for eight seconds on every passing play

Play2win 10-18-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3702123)
that's what happens when tebow runs around behind the line of scrimmage for eight seconds on every passing play

Yeah, I heard Tebow was dressing up as the headless chicken for Halloween.

UberBroncoMan 10-19-2012 12:01 AM

The little known Ma...