The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Chris Harris eventual move to Safety (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108092)

10-18-2012 12:24 PM

Chris Harris eventual move to Safety
 
This guy is cut out more in the mold of a safety. A wider frame and not as quick as the smaller Cb's. I bet he's right under 200lbs today. I like his tackling and he seems like a smart dude with good ball skills. He played the postion his last 6 games at KU. There was a guy named Tyrone Braxton who wasnt touted coming out, about the same size (5-10 190), and who started out at corner and made the transition flawlessly..

Kaylore 10-18-2012 12:25 PM

I thought he was a better safety, but I really think he's emerging as a good corner. A lot of safeties have issus with slot players. Chris plays the slot well. He's a corner.

Rascal 10-18-2012 12:28 PM

If Adams continues his questionable cover skills I could see the eventual switch.

gyldenlove 10-18-2012 12:34 PM

Cornerback is a much higher priority position than safety, if he is a good corner he has to stay there.

ColoradoDarin 10-18-2012 12:37 PM

And let's move Champ to safety as soon as possible too, we're wasting valuable time with him as CB.

broncocalijohn 10-18-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3701593)
And let's move Champ to safety as soon as possible too, we're wasting valuable time with him as CB.

thank you AmericnBroncfan. You back?

10-18-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3701593)
And let's move Champ to safety as soon as possible too, we're wasting valuable time with him as CB.

They brought porter in at a hefty price which tells me they couldnt count on harris being the starter. Only a dope would compare Champ to Harris.

bap454 10-18-2012 12:52 PM

Harris replaces Adams. Bolden/Carter to corner. Adams to the Bench. Whats not to like. Best players on the field.

bronco militia 10-18-2012 12:52 PM

how about we keep harris right where he is and go find some better safeties?

Mountain Bronco 10-18-2012 12:59 PM

Typical Mane thoughts. Dude is a second year player playing great at CB yet we already are talking about moving him to safety???

10-18-2012 01:07 PM

Action
 
This is a joke of a thread.

Chris Harris is too good of a man and slot defender to be playing safety.

He's in his 2nd year and getting better at his craft and you want to move him to relearn a new position?

enjolras 10-18-2012 01:13 PM

Wow.. we're devaluing safeties here by a lot. This team badly needs help up the middle, and a sure tackler with good ball instincts like Harris would make a LOT of sense at strong safety. Turn him into an every down player and shore up a real weakness. I like it.

Rock Chalk 10-18-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwf (Post 3701581)
This guy is cut out more in the mold of a safety. A wider frame and not as quick as the smaller Cb's. I bet he's right under 200lbs today. I like his tackling and he seems like a smart dude with good ball skills. He played the postion his last 6 games at KU. There was a guy named Tyrone Braxton who wasnt touted coming out, about the same size (5-10 190), and who started out at corner and made the transition flawlessly..

He played the last 6 games at Safety for KU because Turner Gill was an idiot bug-eater sent to destroy the little momentum KU had built up under Mangino. Tom Osborne strikes again! That and we had no safeties at KU, he was the best option. We had guys that theoretically COULD play corner but not safety while Chris could play both.

TheReverend 10-18-2012 01:14 PM

The slot's become extremely valuable, and we have someone who excels at it.

ColoradoDarin 10-18-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwf (Post 3701597)
They brought porter in at a hefty price which tells me they couldnt count on harris being the starter. Only a dope would compare Champ to Harris.

Corner is a much more valuable position than safety. Chris Harris is playing well at corner. Therefore, move him to safety...?

10-18-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3701620)
Corner is a much more valuable position than safety. Chris Harris is playing well at corner. Therefore, move him to safety...?

Exactly. I really wonder what some of these people do in their daily lives.

Someone is excelling at what they do and you want to completely change what they do. Harris is a cornerback that excels in physical man to man coverage. He hasn't been playing the technique of safeties at all in the NFL, and people want to talk about moving him there?

It's just disgusting some of the thoughts people have on here.

DBroncos4life 10-18-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3701621)
Exactly. I really wonder what some of these people do in their daily lives.

Someone is excelling at what they do and you want to completely change what they do. Harris is a cornerback that excels in physical man to man coverage. He hasn't been playing the technique of safeties at all in the NFL, and people want to talk about moving him there?

It's just disgusting some of the thoughts people have on here.

Seriously I wonder how you think you b****ing about posters is any better. None stop complaining about posters takes makes you the winner of the internet!

10-18-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwf (Post 3701597)
They brought porter in at a hefty price which tells me they couldnt count on harris being the starter. Only a dope would compare Champ to Harris.

They brought Porter in for 4 mill on a 1 year deal... a 1 year deal for a 26 year old player... hefty price?

No, they needed DEPTH at that position for situations just like against the Chargers. Had nothing to do with Harris, they obviously wanted to keep him in slot and Broncos had no depth.

They didn't know who their 3rd 4th and 5th CB's would be before the signing of Porter. So no, it really has nothing to do with Harris.

Only a DOPE would move someone doing so well at a young age at what they do that they've doing their whole NFL career... instead of letting them continually get better.

How about go get a safety that's been playing safety for their whole career and actually has a TRUE build and technique of a safety?

10-18-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3701616)
He played the last 6 games at Safety for KU because Turner Gill was an idiot bug-eater sent to destroy the little momentum KU had built up under Mangino. Tom Osborne strikes again! That and we had no safeties at KU, he was the best option. We had guys that theoretically COULD play corner but not safety while Chris could play both.

how'd he do?

10-18-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3701621)
Exactly. I really wonder what some of these people do in their daily lives.

Someone is excelling at what they do and you want to completely change what they do. Harris is a cornerback that excels in physical man to man coverage. He hasn't been playing the technique of safeties at all in the NFL, and people want to talk about moving him there?

It's just disgusting some of the thoughts people have on here.


Harris is good, he's not great. I dont see the pure speed or athleticism like your model champ/revis type corners. I see a burlier guy whos a sure tackler and smart player. I see a safety.

10-18-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwf (Post 3701632)
Harris is good, he's not great. I dont see the pure speed or athleticism like your model champ/revis type corners. I see a burlier guy whos a sure tackler and smart player.

So you need to be Champ or Revis to play corner now?

And Chris Harris is a physical athletic corner.

I'm not entertaining this thread any more... Chris Harris will never move to safety unless every single one gets injured.

Br0nc0Buster 10-18-2012 01:42 PM

Keep Harris at nickel
Nickel is practically a starter in today's NFL
Something like teams run their nickel and sub packages 60% of the time
He is a physical guy that can handle slot receivers as well as play the run
Packers used to do put Woodson in the slot for that purpose

I much rather have him up on the LOS where we can take advantage of his physical style

I do like the idea of Carter replacing Adams though on passing downs

Gates handed Adams his lunch
After Monday night I wanna see Carter sub in a bit more

DBroncos4life 10-18-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bap454 (Post 3701598)
Harris replaces Adams. Bolden/Carter to corner. Adams to the Bench. Whats not to like. Best players on the field.

Neither Carter or Porter can play slot very well. It's a bad idea for that reason.

10-18-2012 02:10 PM

Some act like Harris has NEVER played the safety position before. This thread is for OPINIONS. Just cause you don't agree with it doesn't mean you need to bash others opinion.

Personally I want to see Harris on the field all the time. Not just in sub packages.

Rascal 10-18-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3701659)
Neither Carter or Porter can play slot very well. It's a bad idea for that reason.

Porter would play CB, Harris SS, and Bolden can play the slot...or shoudl I be considered an idiot by the likes of the all knowledgable Action?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.