The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rahim Moore No Missed Tackles (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108089)

10-18-2012 10:43 AM

Rahim Moore No Missed Tackles
 
Thomas Decoud has missed a tackle every 3.6 attempts, and Michael Griffin has missed one every 3.8 attempts. Rahim Moore perfect on 37 tckls

Steve Palazzolo
@draft_hub

broncosteven 10-18-2012 10:59 AM

Didn't they replace him with Leonhard early?

10-18-2012 10:59 AM

I guess cleaning up after the LBs make a mess is considered terrible play by most people on these forums.

10-18-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3701563)
Didn't they replace him with Leonhard early?

Broncos run a lot of 3 safety packages.

LRtagger 10-18-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3701563)
Didn't they replace him with Leonhard early?

Leonhard came in for Adams after he got in a fight with Gates

Moore has been solid this year although I thought he was supposed to be this ball hawking safety that could create turnovers coming out. Havent seen that from him - I think hes actually dropped 1 or 2 INTs this year.

2KBack 10-18-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRtagger (Post 3701573)
Leonhard came in for Adams after he got in a fight with Gates

Moore has been solid this year although I thought he was supposed to be this ball hawking safety that could create turnovers coming out. Havent seen that from him - I think hes actually dropped 1 or 2 INTs this year.

He has shown steady improvement though. If that keeps up I would expect to see a couple turnovers from him. Also it would be nice to know we have one steady guy back there.

I hate Mike Adams with a passion

broncosteven 10-18-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KBack (Post 3701575)
He has shown steady improvement though. If that keeps up I would expect to see a couple turnovers from him. Also it would be nice to know we have one steady guy back there.

I hate Mike Adams with a passion

Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

10-18-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3701588)
Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

Wrong. Moore is much better than Adams, and has played that way in every game this year.

2KBack 10-18-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3701588)
Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

You know that Moore does start right? Are you saying that is only because we don't have anyone else?

It was Adams that bust coverage in the Houston games to put us in the early hole. Moore has had lapses, but non so glaring as Adams....who is a goddamn 9 year vet and not getting any better.

10-18-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3701588)
Adams is fine, Moore was a liability in the Patsy game but he has played a little better just not good enough to start.

Only 3 players on the defensive end played 100% of the snaps.

Champ Bailey
Woodyard
Rahim Moore

SleepingTiger 10-18-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3701612)
Only 3 players on the defensive end played 100% of the snaps.

Champ Bailey
Woodyard
Rahim Moore

Wow, Champ at his age still one of the best defenders in the league. He would be the best person on our D if it wasn't for 58.

LRtagger 10-18-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KBack (Post 3701575)
He has shown steady improvement though. If that keeps up I would expect to see a couple turnovers from him. Also it would be nice to know we have one steady guy back there.

I hate Mike Adams with a passion

Totally agree - Mike Adams sucks. Was going to add him to my avatar after Gates abused him.

The difference is Adams is a journeyman placeholder while Moore is supposed to be our future at the position. He is definitely improving - hopeful he can become a difference maker in our secondary.

cutthemdown 10-18-2012 12:29 PM

Moore is getting better and better. He still has that 3rd yr coming up where players usually make the biggest jump and put it all together. I think he is going to work out for the Broncos and be a decent starter for us at the FS spot.

Br0nc0Buster 10-18-2012 12:52 PM

Moore has definitely improved from a year ago

Hopefully he can now take that next step and start forcing some turnovers
Seems like he now is doing better at getting to the right spot, just needs to capitalize and make the pick

BroncoMan4ever 10-18-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRtagger (Post 3701573)
Leonhard came in for Adams after he got in a fight with Gates

Moore has been solid this year although I thought he was supposed to be this ball hawking safety that could create turnovers coming out. Havent seen that from him - I think hes actually dropped 1 or 2 INTs this year.

1 or 2 a game like the first 3 weeks of the season.

ZONA 10-18-2012 01:34 PM

Moore is getting better and anybody with a brain can see that. He's still reading a few things late but at least his tackling has been very good. He should continue to improve with more consistent game time, which he is getting this year.

cutthemdown 10-18-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster (Post 3701656)
Moore has definitely improved from a year ago

Hopefully he can now take that next step and start forcing some turnovers
Seems like he now is doing better at getting to the right spot, just needs to capitalize and make the pick

Safety a tough position to play. So much realestate out there and the players are so fast. Moore found out that its not like college where his speed makes up for poor reaction and play diagnosis. Last yr I think he just started running when the ball snapped, often found himself out of position for the play. This yr I watched some all-22 film at brothers house and you can see him not taking off so fast. You know deciding where he should run before just running.

I agree with you he has gotten better. Players usually get better all the way until yr 3 so if he takes another step he should be a really good player for us. When he takes that step he will start getting the picks.

cutthemdown 10-18-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3701695)
Moore is getting better and anybody with a brain can see that. He's still reading a few things late but at least his tackling has been very good. He should continue to improve with more consistent game time, which he is getting this year.

I think what you are seeing is the coaching catching up. He may be a little slow like you said, but its because hes trying to read the play before he just turns on the burners and runs himself the wrong direction, or gets out of position.

On a few plays though he came up hard and stopped some plays that he would not have done last yr.

Too bad about Quenton Carter. Would have been huge to have both of them learning together instead of a journeyman like Adams back there. Oh well maybe next yr.

Chris 10-18-2012 02:11 PM

Was Moore responsible for the gates TD over the middle? The other guy (was it Leonhard?) looked at him as if he was.

DarkHorse 10-18-2012 02:21 PM

Moore is far better than Adams could ever be. Good to see him "getting" it this year.

MagicHef 10-18-2012 02:23 PM

Other Broncos with at least 10 tackles and no missed tackles:

Brooking
Wolfe
Dumervil
Bannan

pricejj 10-18-2012 02:26 PM

Rahim is on the cusp of beasting.

If D.J. can come in and pick up where he left off, we're looking good.

Too bad Ty Warren was hurt early...this would be a killer Defense.

broncosteven 10-18-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KBack (Post 3701602)
You know that Moore does start right? Are you saying that is only because we don't have anyone else?

It was Adams that bust coverage in the Houston games to put us in the early hole. Moore has had lapses, but non so glaring as Adams....who is a goddamn 9 year vet and not getting any better.

I know I meant he is good depth but should not be a starter. I don't see what everyone sees in this guy. Terrible in run support, wiffs on tackles and can't cover.

outdoor_miner 10-18-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3701751)
I know I meant he is good depth but should not be a starter. I don't see what everyone sees in this guy. Terrible in run support, wiffs on tackles and can't cover.

??? - See Thread Title?

10-18-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoor_miner (Post 3701753)
??? - See Thread Title?

Lol ???


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.