The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Who to follow on Twittters? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107827)

McDman 10-12-2012 07:10 PM

Who to follow on Twittters?
 
Just joined twitter to follow athletes and for news. I never plan on actually saying anything but I thought I'd ask, who are some good people to follow?

I know nothing about twitter and I don't really even know how to do it but I do like seeing what some people have to say.

theAPAOps5 10-12-2012 07:12 PM

I don't use it to follow people specifically. I make searches and save them. Then if I want to see if there is anything I can go back and click my saved search and read all the tweets that are returned.

Good way get info.

McDman 10-12-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3695127)
I don't use it to follow people specifically. I make searches and save them. Then if I want to see if there is anything I can go back and click my saved search and read all the tweets that are returned.

Good way get info.

Hmm, interesting. Maybe I will try that.

10-12-2012 08:07 PM

No, that's a stupid way to do it. Follow a bunch of NFL sources and athletes. You get a constant feed of interesting information. It's like magic.

Just start following a few, and every time there's a retweet of something that interests you, follow that one. I have accumulated about 60 solid NFL ones. (And if one starts to get on your nerves or fill up your feed with stuff you're not interested in, unfollow it.)

There's no privacy issue or "friends." It's just like an RSS feed you're following.

At least follow Schefter and the Denver Post. After a while, there's a glorious feed of constantly moving info. Especially on gameday.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
https://twitter.com/PostBroncos
https://twitter.com/broncos_sacco
https://twitter.com/BroncosTV
https://twitter.com/markschlereth
https://twitter.com/MileHighReport

RhymesayersDU 10-12-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay3 (Post 3695156)
No, that's a stupid way to do it. Follow a bunch of NFL sources and athletes. You get a constant feed of interesting information. It's like magic.

Just start following a few, and every time there's a retweet of something that interests you, follow that one. I have accumulated about 60 solid NFL ones. (And if one starts to get on your nerves or fill up your feed with stuff you're not interested in, unfollow it.)

There's no privacy issue or "friends." It's just like an RSS feed you're following.

At least follow Schefter and the Denver Post. After a while, there's a glorious feed of constantly moving info. Especially on gameday.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
https://twitter.com/PostBroncos
https://twitter.com/broncos_sacco
https://twitter.com/BroncosTV
https://twitter.com/markschlereth
https://twitter.com/MileHighReport

This ^.

Also, @bylindsayjones, tons of Broncos stuff. She's at every practice, etc.

10-12-2012 08:13 PM

After a while, you get to where you think "It would be exhausting to have to read a whole article. I'm glad all the good quotes and facts have already been tweeted, right when they happened."

theAPAOps5 10-12-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay3 (Post 3695156)
No, that's a stupid way to do it. Follow a bunch of NFL sources and athletes. You get a constant feed of interesting information. It's like magic.

Just start following a few, and every time there's a retweet of something that interests you, follow that one. I have accumulated about 60 solid NFL ones. (And if one starts to get on your nerves or fill up your feed with stuff you're not interested in, unfollow it.)

There's no privacy issue or "friends." It's just like an RSS feed you're following.

At least follow Schefter and the Denver Post. After a while, there's a glorious feed of constantly moving info. Especially on gameday.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
https://twitter.com/PostBroncos
https://twitter.com/broncos_sacco
https://twitter.com/BroncosTV
https://twitter.com/markschlereth
https://twitter.com/MileHighReport

You actually bring up a good point to clarify. I make search lists, not stupid, but I also find the authority twitter users and follow them.

To each his own.

theAPAOps5 10-12-2012 08:22 PM

Bronco_Sacco is kind of interesting. He goes on these spurts. Where he has this deep thought and it takes about 20 tweets to get out and its all philosophical. Then he goes away for a week.

He called out a person interviewing for an internship about how they came dressed and acted. Which is hilarious because you know the candidate found out!

RhymesayersDU 10-12-2012 08:22 PM

Can I ask what you mean by search lists? Or can you describe it? I'm curious.

broncocalijohn 10-12-2012 11:38 PM

Follow this guy. https://twitter.com/2ndhandbroncfan/...21508897751041

He is a fan but he knows the good stuff and when he is on forums, his threads are gold!

KipCorrington25 10-12-2012 11:39 PM

I heard American Bronco Fan has some amazing and insightfull tweets.

10-13-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3695165)
You actually bring up a good point to clarify. I make search lists, not stupid, but I also find the authority twitter users and follow them.

To each his own.

Your face is still stupid.

RhymesayersDU 10-13-2012 07:09 AM

Hah!

TheElusiveKyleOrton 10-13-2012 09:56 AM

@IAOFM - I think the best Broncos blog on the internet.
@PostBroncos
@Dmac1043 gets some pretty good stuff up a lot of the time.

If you want some laughs, follow @KingLaserface, @NotJayCutler, and @KingNeckbeard. Oh, and @xmasape and @kissmesuzy

McDman 10-13-2012 10:01 AM

IAOFM is amazing. They are great writers and very insightful.

I am basically following Bronco stuff and soccer stuff.

ZachKC 10-14-2012 11:02 PM

Only follow the athletes if you absolutely hate yourself and want to lose faith in humanity. They are the worst follows.

Baba Booey 10-14-2012 11:31 PM

You should follow me @ds_perry

As far as Broncos feeds, everyone in here pretty much nailed it. Another good one is @MaseDenver. He runs the CBS quick updates on twitter.

Also, the Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) is an absolute must-follow.

theAPAOps5 10-14-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay3 (Post 3695304)
Your face is still stupid.

LOL that made me laugh out loud, literally.

10-15-2012 08:50 AM

@cecillammey
@peytonshead
@southstands303 - funny Denver guy, not always sports though

And a must follow is @powder_addict :D

Rabb 10-15-2012 08:51 AM

@5280HighSalute

@Tailgate365

/self whoring

10-15-2012 09:43 AM

@MethWolfe95 ha-ha

JK, I find @NFL_ATL (Around the league) pretty good for league wide news

Dukes 10-15-2012 10:40 AM

@VicLombardi is great as well. Good info and very funny. I think.

Smilin Assassin 10-15-2012 10:49 AM

@Lolojones


....what?

JLesSPE 10-15-2012 11:02 AM

For a good laugh check out @oldmansearch. This dude told his dad (in his 80's) that twitter was how you searched for things on the internet. So randomly he'll just tweet out something random and hilarious. Definitely go read his old tweets, it's awesome.

ludo21 10-15-2012 11:14 AM

@peytons head a must


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.