The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Beating Steelers not that impressive ? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107789)

Jetmeck 10-11-2012 09:56 PM

Beating Steelers not that impressive ?

Steelers have been dinged but overall not as tough as in past years.

I wonder if us beating them doesn't mean to much ?

Hope I am wrong and yes we got close to three very good teams but how much of the comebacks were because of prevent defenses ?

Doggcow 10-11-2012 09:58 PM

Sure it was. We played them when they actually had an Oline.

10-11-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3694649)

agreed. they lost two starting OLinemen that game and Mendenhall, not to mention that half their defensive starters were out too.

lonestar 10-11-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3694646)

Hope I am wrong and yes we got close to three very good teams but how much of the comebacks were because of prevent defenses ?

I had thought it was diminished when we played them load of injuries.. IIRC they were down to 5 OL guys only two of which were starters by games end..

was missing several other starters on defense as well..

Steelers O-linemen Marcus Gilbert (knee) and Ramon Foster (eye). ... Steelers star LB James Harrison (knee) sat out, as did S Ryan Clark, who has sickle cell trait that makes playing at altitude dangerous.

But back then everyone was on a high and did not want to listen..

manning was the man..

we were going to go 16-0

lonestar 10-11-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3694649)

actually NO

Steelers O-linemen Marcus Gilbert (knee) and Ramon Foster (eye). ... they did not suit up and they lost another two during the game forcing them to play a couple of them out of position..

Archer81 10-11-2012 10:22 PM

Considering the scarcity of wins the first 5 weeks, I dont care if Denver gets one against CSU-Pueblo. It counts, doesnt it?

:Broncos:

10-11-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3694657)
actually NO

Steelers O-linemen Marcus Gilbert (knee) and Ramon Foster (eye). ... they did not suit up and they lost another two during the game forcing them to play a couple of them out of position..

Stay in West Texas. It is where hopes and dreams go to die. In fact, I hope you are somewhere between Abilene and El Paso, that way it verifies your pitiful existence; yet, does not validate it. Eat a bowl of d!cks and join a Raiders board.

Jetmeck 10-11-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3694664)
Considering the scarcity of wins the first 5 weeks, I dont care if Denver gets one against CSU-Pueblo. It counts, doesnt it?

:Broncos:

Lol.....yes I still count it too.....just sayin

10-11-2012 10:48 PM

If this was a NY Giants forum I'm sure I'd be reading

"Regular season 8-8, Super Bowl win not that impressive? "

10-11-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

impressive?
is there some sort of BCS poll involved
Jesus Christ people a win is a win

DBroncos4life 10-11-2012 11:01 PM

Is a win against the Packers nothing now? How about the Saints?

10-11-2012 11:06 PM

Yeah, John Fox should probably write the NFL and just have them remove that game from the win column. It's the right thing to do. It was practically cheating.

BroncoMan4ever 10-12-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

With the Pats game it wasn't due to a prevent defense that a comeback seemed possible. Von exploded in the 2nd half and gave the offense a chance. The Pats were on their heels and had McGahee not had a couple bad plays we could very well be sitting at 3-2.

The Pats game is why I believe this team is only going to improve. Cut out the 2-3 mistakes or big mental errors a game and we aren't seeing late comebacks that fall short, but rather complete games and wins.

lonestar 10-12-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dictionary (Post 3694666)
Stay in West Texas. It is where hopes and dreams go to die. In fact, I hope you are somewhere between Abilene and El Paso, that way it verifies your pitiful existence; yet, does not validate it. Eat a bowl of d!cks and join a Raiders board.

Wow can't handle the truth. Sad for you. My existence is hardly pitiful. Have most likely been a bronco fan before you were a gleam in your daddies eye.

10-12-2012 02:00 AM

Steelers did lose to Raiders just saying. They aren't as good as they once were. Glad we beat them as we battled all game.

baja 10-12-2012 04:17 AM

If we can't fix the weak under belly of the middle of our defense we are going to lose a lot of games

CEH 10-12-2012 04:57 AM

Both Denver and Pitts have failed to make the play or two on the road to make that final difference and have had too many turnovers

Both have the ability to make a 2nd half run which really is when you want to be playing your best football

If Denver can win on the road at SD (a tough task based on early season results so far) they will put a stranglehold on the AFCW

This will be a game where Manning needs to earn his money.

2KBack 10-12-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3694699)
Wow can't handle the truth. Sad for you. My existence is hardly pitiful. Have most likely been a bronco fan before you were a gleam in your daddies eye.

Yay old people smack.

"I'm a better fan because I was born sooner"

winstoncup bronco 10-12-2012 05:41 AM

A win is a win, regardless of who you beat. Winning is not easy in the NFL.

I am just curious though, to see how all the posters who explained away our success last year to not beating teams with winning records, react to the OP's question. I've already seen some expected replies.

TheReverend 10-12-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco (Post 3694731)

I am just curious though, to see how all the posters who explained away our success last year to not beating teams with winning records, react to the OP's question. I've already seen some expected replies.

Excellent observation

DBroncos4life 10-12-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco (Post 3694731)

Mainly because last year is over and we are only 5 games into the season this year. Pretty worthless observation if you ask me.

Broncos4Life 10-12-2012 07:35 AM

Tebow put the dagger through the Pit defense and they never recovered.......

10-12-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonestar (Post 3694699)

You are a wastrel and a champion of deconstructive criticism. You serve no purpose with your negative comments, whatsoever; other than as a placeholder for the detritus that washes up on this forum from other boards. Either you are a master troll or you are no Broncos fan.

Also, your grammar is terrible. You are missing nominative subjects in three of your four sentences. Finally, your last sentence points and underscores your unaparalled ignorance that is indicative of anthropomorphic trash. I believe your final sentence qualifies as attacking my family; since, you have implied that I am the progeny of multiple fathers that share a single eye. I expect an apology or I will report you to the mods.

Requiem 10-12-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dictionary (Post 3694773)
You are a wastrel and a champion of deconstructive criticism. You serve no purpose with your negative comments, whatsoever; other than as a placeholder for the detritus that washes up on this forum from other boards. Either you are a master troll or you are no Broncos fan.

Also, your grammar is terrible. You are missing nominative subjects in three of your four sentences. Finally, your last sentence points and underscores your unaparalled ignorance that is indicative of anthropomorphic trash. I believe your final sentence qualifies as attacking my family; since, you have implied that I am the progeny of multiple fathers that share a single eye. I expect an apology or I will report you to the mods.

Already reported him. He has been like this for over a decade. It is sad.

Broncoman13 10-12-2012 08:05 AM

You guys are so soft.

I get what the OP is trying to say. I agree a win is a win. But was the Steelers win a win that demonstrates we can play and beat the "big boys" in the NFL. Not so sure now. What I do know is that this team is capable of playing with any team in the NFL if they clean up their mistakes. Stopping turning the ball over and win on 3rd downs and we're set. That easy!