The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   3rd downs. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107720)

Quoydogs 10-08-2012 12:01 PM

3rd downs.
 
So what the hell do we have to do to fix this problem ? Our Defense couldn't stop a Turtle from making it 15 yards on a 3rd down this year.

So to all of you smart bastards on here, "The football guru's " how do we fix this ?

It has to be the LB's right ?

want2bAbronco2 10-08-2012 12:12 PM

It's a combination of many things (IMO).

#1 thing, people seem to forget this is the first year of a new D (for the 7th year in a row.) It takes a few years to learn/get people in place for a system. We have changed systems for 7 straight years. We had Champ as our only good player on D, now we have a few.

We have a new QB, 2nd year coach, and new system. Same as D, it takes years to get on same page/know system inside and out. If our O drives longer and scores more we keep D off the field. They don't get exhausted, and play better.

Look at our first 5 games, how many big plays did we give up because Mays, Porter, Moore, etc.. were out of position. You can't play 4 of the best QBs (4 of the best offenses too) in the game and play out of position. We have the toughest schedule in the NFL. If we can stay 4 and 4 or 3 and 4 we are in good shape. Team will grow/play better 2nd half as they learn/comfort improves.

Players:

Mike needs a big upgrade. I actually think Mays has played a lot better this year, but he isn't good enough to cover up lack of pass rush. We have to rush Von and Doom..to get any pressure. That takes away 2 above average cover LBs. If we had a killer DT, that would help so much.

Need DT or to to push/rush QB. When you get killed for 200 yards rushing that opens up the pass game. Stop the rushing makes them 1 dimensional. Plus pass rush, see above Mike.

We need more Cover CBs/LBs, (the 3 teams that killed us on 3rd down, Atlanta, NE, and Pit..all have 2 good WRs and 1-2 good TEs. Don't have enough to cover them.)



again, just imo.

LRtagger 10-08-2012 12:14 PM

  • Get LBs who can cover and maintain gap discipline
  • Get DLineman who can get pressure without having to bring a blitz
  • Get Joe Mays off the field

Quoydogs 10-08-2012 12:24 PM

So is there anything that can be done this year. I understand what you are saying about time to gel but do we just buckle down and except the fact it's going to be a long season.

We seem to be great on 1st and 2nd but loose it on 3rd every time. It also seems to be getting worse.

TheReverend 10-08-2012 12:26 PM

People won't like the answer.

rbackfactory80 10-08-2012 12:40 PM

Dj Dj Dj DJ DJ DJ DJ DJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJDJDDJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ


Chant along

problem fixed////
/thread

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&c...r:3,s:26,i:234










lol

10-08-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3692060)
People won't like the answer.

DJ?

These 3rd and longs ended up in 31 points twice. Offense is getting a bit better. They need to get more than 31 points better to fix this defense I think.

Play2win 10-08-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3692060)
People won't like the answer.

People don't like you.

rbackfactory80 10-08-2012 01:08 PM

Who the hell are all you people with new names?

ZONA 10-08-2012 01:12 PM

I don't know that these problems can be fixed with coaching. Some of it, yeah, probably. But some of these 3rd and 17's, 3rd and 20's, it shouldn't matter what frickin defense you're in. Somebody make a frickin play. That's what it comes down to and we don't have enough Von Millers out there to get that done it seems.

Seriously, if Miller is not in this game, it's a blowout for the Pats, probably 45 to 21. But I will, for the millionth time, say that Mays is a huge weakness on this team and I so much want to get on Fox for continuing to play this guy but the guys behind him suck as well.


I have NO doubt that #1 goal for Elway this offseason is to both draft LB's and try to acquire a big time LB FA. No doubt.

TheReverend 10-08-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker (Post 3692094)
People don't like you.

Dude, you're worthless. That's the best you've got? This and b****ing to Khan about posting a pic for a response?

10-08-2012 01:16 PM

Need a tackling clinic. Got sick and tired of watching small, slow, somewhat dim-witted white boys run through us like paper machet.

barryr 10-08-2012 01:35 PM

The Bronco defense for years it seems has been either bad in stopping 3rd down conversions or so bad that the other team rarely faced 3rd downs since they got such large chunks of yards on 1st and 2nd downs. Other than Miller, the Broncos have little talent at LB.

Cito Pelon 10-08-2012 01:58 PM

Solution? Probably better LB's, safeties, and DT's. Denver is at the top of the League in 3rd downs allowed at 47%. There isn't much they can do this year except score more points on O and get DJ back to hopefully make some plays.

Quoydogs 10-08-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryr (Post 3692126)
The Bronco defense for years it seems has been either bad in stopping 3rd down conversions or so bad that the other team rarely faced 3rd downs since they got such large chunks of yards on 1st and 2nd downs. Other than Miller, the Broncos have little talent at LB.

Is there a place to find or does anyone have the defensive stats for 3rd downs for this game ??

Smiling Assassin27 10-08-2012 02:02 PM

Sneak some of our guys into the 49ers off-season high school defense camp.

lonestar 10-08-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quoydogs (Post 3692028)
So what the hell do we have to do to fix this problem ? Our Defense couldn't stop a Turtle from making it 15 yards on a 3rd down this year.

So to all of you smart bastards on here, "The football guru's " how do we fix this ?

It has to be the LB's right ?

A drama queen, are you?

Cito Pelon 10-08-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quoydogs (Post 3692158)
Is there a place to find or does anyone have the defensive stats for 3rd downs for this game ??

CBS, ESPN, NFl.com can provide you, but you don't want to get too depressed reading them. Hell, NE had 89 O plays and only 17 3rd down situations. NE was 11/17 on those third downs, but they had 89 O plays, which is a ridiculously high number. They made the first down long before they faced a third down most of the time.

10-08-2012 02:54 PM

I think the pats are still on that first drive of theirs. Last I heard they converted a 3rd and 45 on an off tackle run by woodhead's baby boy.

DBroncos4life 10-08-2012 03:02 PM

Make a trade that is how we get a better MLB this year.

Cito Pelon 10-08-2012 03:08 PM

Denver's D faced five 3rd and 10 plus yesterday, NE converted 4 of them. Ouch.

Cito Pelon 10-08-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3692225)
Make a trade that is how we get a better MLB this year.

Hell man, put DJ in at MLB after he's back. That's probably the best thing they can do.

go_broncos 10-08-2012 03:18 PM

Joe Mays - He is one of the main reason that the defense is horrible.

lonestar 10-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 3692238)
Hell man, put DJ in at MLB after he's back. That's probably the best thing they can do.

stop the bromance he is no better that WW has been the past couple of years..

in fact worse in the number of tackles last year..

Code:

Career Stats
Season        Team        Games        Tackles        Interceptions        Fumbles
                      G        GS        Total        Solo        Ast        Sck        SFTY        PDef        Int        Yds        Avg        Lng        TDs        FF        FR
WW
2012        DEN        5        4        37        25        12        2.0        --        1        1        7        --        7        0        0        --
2011        DEN        15        7        97        67        30        0.0        --        2        --        --        --        --        --        2        --
Dumb Jock..
2011        DEN        13        13        90        70        20        5.0        --        2        --        --        --        --        --        3        1

why does everyone want this moron back on the field he is not better than WW..

in 6 less starts last year WW numbers are as good as DJ's are..

CEH 10-08-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3692102)
I don't know that these problems can be fixed with coaching. Some of it, yeah, probably. But some of these 3rd and 17's, 3rd and 20's, it shouldn't matter what frickin defense you're in. Somebody make a frickin play. That's what it comes down to and we don't have enough Von Millers out there to get that done it seems.

Seriously, if Miller is not in this game, it's a blowout for the Pats, probably 45 to 21. But I will, for the millionth time, say that Mays is a huge weakness on this team and I so much want to get on Fox for continuing to play this guy but the guys behind him suck as well.


I have NO doubt that #1 goal for Elway this offseason is to both draft LB's and try to acquire a big time LB FA. No doubt.

It's plain and simple. Besides Von and CHamp see BOLD


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.