The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jack Del Rio (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107673)

enjolras 10-07-2012 03:43 PM

Jack Del Rio
 
He got absolutely clowned today. There is a formula that works against the Patriots. Soft cover-2 with lots of slowly developing blitzes up front is not it. You have to play their receivers physically at the point of attack. You have to rely on your front four to get some pressure.

For some reason he thought the opposite of that was going to be an effective approach. Tom Brady killed him.

10-07-2012 03:46 PM

Games not even over...

suck a fat one

RhymesayersDU 10-07-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 (Post 3690291)
Games not even over...

suck a fat one

Do you know where to find one??

enjolras 10-07-2012 03:48 PM

Nah.. this is over.

Dean 10-07-2012 05:30 PM

It looked to me like their running game killed us.

oubronco 10-07-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3690276)
He got absolutely clowned today. There is a formula that works against the Patriots. Soft cover-2 with lots of slowly developing blitzes up front is not it. You have to play their receivers physically at the point of attack. You have to rely on your front four to get some pressure.
For some reason he thought the opposite of that was going to be an effective approach. Tom Brady killed him.

I think I spotted the flaw in your thesis

Taco John 10-08-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3690276)
He got absolutely clowned today. There is a formula that works against the Patriots. Soft cover-2 with lots of slowly developing blitzes up front is not it. You have to play their receivers physically at the point of attack. You have to rely on your front four to get some pressure.

For some reason he thought the opposite of that was going to be an effective approach. Tom Brady killed him.

Totally disagree. Rewatching this, and it's their run game that is killing us. Our guys can't seem to stop it, whatever they do. Sure, Tom Brady took his shots, but all in all, he had only 1 touchdown. We couldn't stop their running game. Ridley, Bolden, and Woodhead took whatever yards they wanted when they wanted.

Al Wilson 10-08-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3692682)
Totally disagree. Rewatching this, and it's their run game that is killing us. Our guys can't seem to stop it, whatever they do. Sure, Tom Brady took his shots, but all in all, he had only 1 touchdown. We couldn't stop their running game. Ridley, Bolden, and Woodhead took whatever yards they wanted when they wanted.

A part of that is because they weren't ready for the style that the patriots played, the fast paced no huddle. It was a surprise. They played better the second half after some adjustments, but that Manning fumble killed us. I don't think we're a bad run stopping defense, it's just this was sort of a surprise or more of a shock the way the Patriots were running the offense.

Taco John 10-08-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 3692683)
A part of that is because they weren't ready for the style that the patriots played, the fast paced no huddle. It was a surprise. They played better the second half after some adjustments, but that Manning fumble killed us. I don't think we're a bad run stopping defense, it's just this was sort of a surprise or more of a shock the way the Patriots were running the offense.

This is going to be a key topic of the podcast this week.

Al Wilson 10-08-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3692684)
This is going to be a key topic of the podcast this week.

Is there a link to listen after ?

Bronco Yoda 10-09-2012 12:02 AM

3rd & 17 and we give up 25 with a run? Are you ****ing kidding me? THIS is the kind of **** that killed us.

But i do agree that you MUST jam the WR at the line of scrimmage playing the pats. Brady lives off those quick timing patterns.

Taco John 10-09-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Wilson (Post 3692685)
Is there a link to listen after ?

Not yet. It'll be recorded and posted tomorrow night.

The Joker 10-09-2012 12:32 AM

Looking forward to hearing it.

My own personal feeling is that there simply isn't enough talent on the defense to go toe to toe with a good, balanced offense like the Pats have. We saw it against elite offenses last year and it seems to be the case this time around again.

There's only so much a DC can do schematically when there just isn't enough talent there.

fontaine 10-09-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3690276)
He got absolutely clowned today. There is a formula that works against the Patriots. Soft cover-2 with lots of slowly developing blitzes up front is not it. You have to play their receivers physically at the point of attack.

Uhh, did you watch Joe Mays try to jam anyone at the line? He's constantly failed.

10-09-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3690276)
He got absolutely clowned today. There is a formula that works against the Patriots. Soft cover-2 with lots of slowly developing blitzes up front is not it. You have to play their receivers physically at the point of attack. You have to rely on your front four to get some pressure.

For some reason he thought the opposite of that was going to be an effective approach. Tom Brady killed him.

I thought Denver should have just rushed three players. Doom, Vickerson and Miller everyplay then drop everyone else into coverage. Welker was owning those 1 on 1 crossing routes. Denver would have dropped LBers in the zones they would have been able to pop him good. Plus by doing this you would make Brady hold on ot the ball longer.

All this being said the Pats are a great offensive team who scored 52 points the previous week on the road. Sure it would have been nice to win this game but this game will not define Denver's season.

Next week could though.

kent156 10-09-2012 04:42 AM

i though the broncos tried that but new england just ran the ball which i almost smashed my tv giving up that much rushing yards is unacceptable

kent156 10-09-2012 04:49 AM

another thing phil simms made a comment everytime the back lined up behind brady they ran and the broncos still couldn't stop them maybe the broncos should hire phil simms as assisant defense coordinator

Rohirrim 10-09-2012 05:17 AM

They converted a 3rd and 14 and a 3rd and 17 ON THE ****ING GROUND!

That's all I need to know.

10-09-2012 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3692722)
They converted a 3rd and 14 and a 3rd and 17 ON THE ****ING GROUND!

That's all I need to know.

That was horrible. I threw down my mouse when that happened.

cmhargrove 10-09-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3690276)
He got absolutely clowned today. There is a formula that works against the Patriots. Soft cover-2 with lots of slowly developing blitzes up front is not it. You have to play their receivers physically at the point of attack. You have to rely on your front four to get some pressure.

For some reason he thought the opposite of that was going to be an effective approach. Tom Brady killed him.

Much fail in this post (not trying to get too personal, mind you).

Tom Brady kills everyone, especially at Foxboro. As said before, the no huddle runs (giving up 200 yards rushing) is what really killed us. Stop the run on all those quick snaps, and we would have been able to run your scheme.

We need a stub MLB in the worst way.

WolfpackGuy 10-09-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3692722)
They converted a 3rd and 14 and a 3rd and 17 ON THE ****ING GROUND!

That's all I need to know.

Yeah, the 3rd and 17 was basically a low risk give up play by their offense, and they still converted it easily!

Just awful.

The Joker 10-09-2012 06:23 AM

The 3rd and 14 was Joe Mays at his best.

Just watched it again. When you detach yourself from it emotionally and just watch it from an analytical point of view it's actually quite hilarious.

Mays has man coverage on Woodhead. Woodhead stays in to pass protect at first, then moves out into the flat for a checkdown. For reasons I can't quite figure out, Mays runs directly at Woodhead and seems to attempt to block him.

I say block because it's not really a tackle... it looks a bit like he tries to play press coverage on Woodhead, despite the fact that the play has already been going on for about three seconds and Woodhead is running towards him already.

Anyway, Woodhead manages to overcome the shock of being confronted by such a ridiculous move and saunters by a stunned Mays and into enough space to complete an easy pass with a ton of open space in front of him.

All the guy has to do is keep Woodhead in front of him and he'll be fine. If Brady hits him with a checkdown then tackle him for the 6 yard gain and send the punting unit out there.

Instead of getting the ball back with three minutes on the clock and down by 7 (likely with decent field position too) it's 1st and 10 for the Pats close to midfield.

Idiot cannonball indeed, I genuinely hate watching him play on our defense.

CEH 10-09-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schism (Post 3692742)
The 3rd and 14 was Joe Mays at his best.

Just watched it again. When you detach yourself from it emotionally and just watch it from an analytical point of view it's actually quite hilarious.

Mays has man coverage on Woodhead. Woodhead stays in to pass protect at first, then moves out into the flat for a checkdown. For reasons I can't quite figure out, Mays runs directly at Woodhead and seems to attempt to block him.

I say block because it's not really a tackle... it looks a bit like he tries to play press coverage on Woodhead, despite the fact that the play has already been going on for about three seconds and Woodhead is running towards him already.

Anyway, Woodhead manages to overcome the shock of being confronted by such a ridiculous move and saunters by a stunned Mays and into enough space to complete an easy pass with a ton of open space in front of him.

All the guy has to do is keep Woodhead in front of him and he'll be fine. If Brady hits him with a checkdown then tackle him for the 6 yard gain and send the punting unit out there.

Instead of getting the ball back with three minutes on the clock and down by 7 (likely with decent field position too) it's 1st and 10 for the Pats close to midfield.

Idiot cannonball indeed, I genuinely hate watching him play on our defense.

That was one of the 3 plays I said on game day was a difference. Stop them there and Denver most likely gets 3 with great field position
a 6 point turnaround for sure. Not sure why Mays was even in on that play
How about a timeout to get the right players on the field for 3rd and 14

Lolad 10-09-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schism (Post 3692742)
The 3rd and 14 was Joe Mays at his best.

Just watched it again. When you detach yourself from it emotionally and just watch it from an analytical point of view it's actually quite hilarious.

Mays has man coverage on Woodhead. Woodhead stays in to pass protect at first, then moves out into the flat for a checkdown. For reasons I can't quite figure out, Mays runs directly at Woodhead and seems to attempt to block him.

I say block because it's not really a tackle... it looks a bit like he tries to play press coverage on Woodhead, despite the fact that the play has already been going on for about three seconds and Woodhead is running towards him already.

Anyway, Woodhead manages to overcome the shock of being confronted by such a ridiculous move and saunters by a stunned Mays and into enough space to complete an easy pass with a ton of open space in front of him.

All the guy has to do is keep Woodhead in front of him and he'll be fine. If Brady hits him with a checkdown then tackle him for the 6 yard gain and send the punting unit out there.

Instead of getting the ball back with three minutes on the clock and down by 7 (likely with decent field position too) it's 1st and 10 for the Pats close to midfield.

Idiot cannonball indeed, I genuinely hate watching him play on our defense.

Say what you will about DJ but he can tackle running backs in the flat with minimal gain. He is poor in coverage down field but when a running back catches the ball on a swing or short pass they are usually tackled immediately

Wes Mantooth 10-09-2012 06:59 AM

It takes 3 years to reboot an organization minimum. Chill out.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.