The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What's That Sound? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107530)

vancejohnson82 10-01-2012 08:21 AM

What's That Sound?

It's the sound of the NY media, Tebowites and local schoolchildren chanting for Tebow....

Sorry, I know it's not about our team but we are going to see Tebow start for the Jets some time very soon....I'm interested to see what he can do

TonyR 10-01-2012 08:24 AM

It's gonna be the debacle of all debacles.

ColoradoDarin 10-01-2012 08:24 AM

Wasn't Sanchize 12/29 no TDs and 1 int towards the end of the game (trying to remember the update I saw, not going to look it up)? I'd say Tebow might be the better passer right now.

socalorado 10-01-2012 08:25 AM

I called Week 4. Just slightly too soon i guess.
I cant see why they wouldnt do it this week or the next.
When is their bye?

oubronco 10-01-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3684768)
Wasn't Sanchize 12/29 no TDs and 1 int towards the end of the game (trying to remember the update I saw, not going to look it up)? I'd say Tebow might be the better passer right now.

Not likely tebow sucks and their O-line is horrible that is a sinking ship that has already sunk

edog24 10-01-2012 08:28 AM

That team is a horrible mess. They are far worse off than their record indicates.

WolfpackGuy 10-01-2012 08:28 AM

I told the Jets fans I know this would happen.

LOL

Jekyll15Hyde 10-01-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3684768)

And you would be wrong.

ColoradoDarin 10-01-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oubronco (Post 3684772)
Not likely tebow sucks and their O-line is horrible that is a sinking ship that has already sunk

If you look again, I'm not saying Tebow is a *good* passer, but that he's better than Sanchez. Outside of the Bills game, he's looked 2006 Jake Plummer awful (but then the Bills passing D is probably the worst in the league).

10-01-2012 08:33 AM

They got more problems than a QB controversy. The thing I don't understand is why not give tebow some reps at the end of that game? We're they afraid he would score and start a controversy? We're they afraid he would suck? The controversy started by Sanchezs season so far, would not have by putting tebow in down 30 something points in the 4th. Do they think he can't play the position?

The circus is in full force.

Smiling Assassin27 10-01-2012 08:33 AM

I believe Tebow's style makes the Jets better. One thing the jets can do is run block fairly well. Greene is a solid and tough runner that would get better with Tebow's threat to run back there as well. They'll become what the Broncos were, if they're smart. The only problem is that guys like Holmes would sabotage from within. Asking him to block and have 3-5 targets per game max would not sit well with him.

Still, I think the jets have to do what suits them best, and passing ain't it. Sanchez is a sitting duck, whereas Tebow has escapability and can get positive yards on broken plays or after being hit. The Jets are a dumpster fire but I'd seriously consider getting Tebow in to start and quickly.

vancejohnson82 10-01-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3684783)
They got more problems than a QB controversy. The thing I don't understand is why not give tebow some reps at the end of that game? We're they afraid he would score and start a controversy? We're they afraid he would suck? The controversy started by Sanchezs season so far, would not have by putting tebow in down 30 something points in the 4th. Do they think he can't play the position?

The circus is in full force.

This is going to be a full fledged clown car type of a three ring circus...my Jets fans were absolutely furious yesterday. They are done with Sanchez...he clearly isn't the only problem but watching him out there its just pitiful...Tebow would have done much better with the scrambling/broken play attack style...

They didn't put him in at the end of the game becuase God forbid he scores a touchdown...they would have had to shut down Jets practice this week because of the storm of controversy

fun to watch this happen here in NY/NJ and not have it worry about it with my team

oubronco 10-01-2012 08:45 AM

Up with the Billboards!!!!!

10-01-2012 08:46 AM

Seeing how bad the Bills D was lit up yesterday, I give no props to Sanchez for that week 1 win.

During the game one of the commentators actually said "why not put Tebow in and give him a shot, can it really get any worse?"

broncocalijohn 10-01-2012 08:47 AM

Once Tebow comes in, soon enough he will come out. Read this very slowly.

Tombstone RJ 10-01-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 3684785)
I believe Tebow's style makes the Jets better. One thing the jets can do is run block fairly well. Greene is a solid and tough runner that would get better with Tebow's threat to run back there as well. They'll become what the Broncos were, if they're smart. The only problem is that guys like Holmes would sabotage from within. Asking him to block and have 3-5 targets per game max would not sit well with him.

Still, I think the jets have to do what suits them best, and passing ain't it. Sanchez is a sitting duck, whereas Tebow has escapability and can get positive yards on broken plays or after being hit. The Jets are a dumpster fire but I'd seriously consider getting Tebow in to start and quickly.

Hilarious!

If they're smart they will run a college spread option where the QB never passes the ball?

vancejohnson82 10-01-2012 09:08 AM

really, how can Tebow do any worse?

0 points...btw, that was one of the easiest money making games I've ever seen..too bad I lost it on the Sunday night game

fontaine 10-01-2012 09:15 AM

The Jets needs to put Tebow in as their starting QB for the remainder of this season and commit to him.

I don't really care about the football argument, but only because it would be hilariously funny and amusing for me to watch the return of the NFL biggest circus/sideshow.

Tombstone RJ 10-01-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 (Post 3684811)
really, how can Tebow do any worse?

0 points...btw, that was one of the easiest money making games I've ever seen..too bad I lost it on the Sunday night game

If the NYJ don't completely change their offense to fit TT's style, they will certainly NOT do any better. Now, if the NYJs pull a Denver Broncos and completely modify their offense to fit TT style, how far do you think this will get them, realistically? I know you will say "it worked in Denver" but the reality is it only worked for like 4 games or so and then by the end of the season it really did not work at all. If the Jets try to run this same offense it won't be a suprise to any opposing teams. Just saying...

broncosteven 10-01-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontaine (Post 3684816)
The Jets needs to put Tebow in as their starting QB for the remainder of this season and commit to him.

I don't really care about the football argument, but only because it would be hilariously funny and amusing for me to watch the return of the NFL biggest circus/sideshow.

Plus the fact that it would torpedo any chances of the Jets making the playoffs.

ColoradoDarin 10-01-2012 09:24 AM

Jets need to lose one more game before they start Tebow, maybe bring him it at the half next week, spark the offense and just fall short of the win to drop their record to .....1-4.

vancejohnson82 10-01-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3684826)
Jets need to lose one more game before they start Tebow, maybe bring him it at the half next week, spark the offense and just fall short of the win to drop their record to .....1-4.

they play on Monday night against Houston...

I'm going to call it...halftime Tebow takes the reins....kinda like the San Diego game last year

Tombstone RJ 10-01-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3684826)

Prophetic. I'm shocked. Mind = Blown!

vancejohnson82 10-01-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3684821)
If the NYJ don't completely change their offense to fit TT's style, they will certainly NOT do any better. Now, if the NYJs pull a Denver Broncos and completely modify their offense to fit TT style, how far do you think this will get them, realistically? I know you will say "it worked in Denver" but the reality is it only worked for like 4 games or so and then by the end of the season it really did not work at all. If the Jets try to run this same offense it won't be a suprise to any opposing teams. Just saying...

their offense is horrific.....put him in, let him "ground and pound" with Shonn Green and Bilal Powell...they don't throw anything down the field as it is, so I can't see how he can't do the same job as Sanchez

13/29 103 129 yards 1 INT 1Fumble...those numbers look like "Somebody That I Used to Know.."

Drek 10-01-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 (Post 3684785)

Stephen Hill is a good deep threat and has experience in an option from Georgia Tech, so he'd be a good fit at WR.

A more aggressive version of what the Broncos did with Tebow (instead of straight a 95% run option offense run a true spread option with a 65/35 run/pass mix) would serve the Jets well. It would fix their running game and let their OL do what they're good at (run block) and Tebow's ability to keep passing plays alive and throw a good deep ball would give them the explosiveness to be a threat. Couple that with elite D and they'd be a wild card contender.