The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Can't Anybody Else Return Punts? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107520)

RhymesayersDU 09-30-2012 09:42 PM

Can't Anybody Else Return Punts?
 
I mean seriously. Discuss.

theAPAOps5 09-30-2012 09:45 PM

Seriously, that is one of my few complaints today. Leonard is slower than a sloth.

RhymesayersDU 09-30-2012 09:47 PM

What about throwing Hillman back there? I would say Moreno, but I'm guessing there's no way Fox wants 4 RB's active.

Cosmo 09-30-2012 09:48 PM

What about Bubba?

broncocalijohn 09-30-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 3684491)
What about throwing Hillman back there? I would say Moreno, but I'm guessing there's no way Fox wants 4 RB's active.

Plus we want the returner to go towards the endzone not towards the East or West stands.

RhymesayersDU 09-30-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 3684492)
What about Bubba?

Well I know we had an injured WR today, Willis I believe, so maybe that's the reason. But there has got to be a free skill position guy we can throw back there.

09-30-2012 09:53 PM

Throw bolden back there. It's embarrassing they keep putting Leonard in. Fail after fail.

razorwire77 09-30-2012 09:53 PM

It's embarrassing. Like I said in the game thread, I'd rather have a kid with wheels and burst put one on the ground every 25 or 30 touches than this. It's like death by a thousand slow paper cuts. There were at least two punts where Lechler out kicked the coverage and it should have been a 20 + yard return.

Hamrob 09-30-2012 09:59 PM

Yeah, I have to say....I've been thinking the same thing.

The one thing that I'll give leonard? He catches the ball and we don't have to worry about a flub or a fumble. But, he is rooted in cement.

DBroncos4life 09-30-2012 10:09 PM

I don't know why it's so Leonhard for people to know he has a H in his name :P

razorwire77 09-30-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3684513)
I don't know why it's so Leonhard for people to know he has a H in his name :P

He's so fast the "h" gets left behind.

*rim shot*

maher_tyler 09-30-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3684487)
Seriously, that is one of my few complaints today. Leonard is slower than a sloth.

No way he is slower than Orton :sunshine:

theAPAOps5 09-30-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3684513)
I don't know why it's so Leonhard for people to know he has a H in his name :P

Maybe we remember when he actually gets some speed or gets off the field. Truth be told, he hasn't been on team long enough and is so insignificant I don't really care.

Mogulseeker 09-30-2012 10:24 PM

You can never please everybody.

Leonhard hasn't dropped any... and he always gets positive yardage. Not much more you can ask for... I'd rather have that than have someone who COULD take it to the house, but is more likely to fumble.

Broncobiv 09-30-2012 10:25 PM

Come on, there are still idiots that spell our players' names "Dumerville" and "Magahee". It's pathetic.

Bronco X 09-30-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamrob (Post 3684506)
The one thing that I'll give leonard? He catches the ball and we don't have to worry about a flub or a fumble. But, he is rooted in cement.

That's the only thing that seems to hold up as a semi legitimate reason for him being the guy and we're just assuming this because we haven't seem him do it. It seems odd the coaches can't find someone more suitable who they can also trust not to flub on an entire NFL roster.

SoCalBronco 09-30-2012 10:26 PM

Sign Kevin Kaspar out of retirement.

I still remember when Mock called him the "great white hope who shaves his balls" 10 years ago. LOL.

theAPAOps5 09-30-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncobiv (Post 3684528)
Come on, there are still idiots that spell our players' names "Dumerville" and "Magahee". It's pathetic.

Yeah, name spelling. Pathetic. Oh the humanity

SonOfLe-loLang 09-30-2012 10:35 PM

Yeah, i really dont care unless he fumbles them.

Broncobiv 09-30-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3684531)
Yeah, name spelling. Pathetic. Oh the humanity

You'd just think it wouldn't be too hard to learn to spell the names of some of the best players on the entire roster. Leonhard I can understand because he is new this season and not really a key piece, but the others? I don't think it's too much to ask.

09-30-2012 10:38 PM

iPhones correct the name to Leonard. Even a smartphone realizes the H is slowing him down.

09-30-2012 10:42 PM

I think fox is starting to come out of his shell a little and take more chances. I expect a new guy in there soon.
We're not getting many good kick off returns either for real

theAPAOps5 09-30-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncobiv (Post 3684540)
You'd just think it wouldn't be too hard to learn to spell the names of some of the best players on the entire roster. Leonhard I can understand because he is new this season and not really a key piece, but the others? I don't think it's too much to ask.

Yeah, I actually do get your point. Especially on the marque names.

09-30-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3684551)
Yeah, I actually do get your point. Especially on the marque names.

I thought Mannenge had a terrific game.

:)

09-30-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwf (Post 3684546)
I think fox is starting to come out of his shell a little and take more chances. I expect a new guy in there soon.
We're not getting many good kick off returns either for real

Kickoff returns are all but dead in today's NFL, especially for the Broncos.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.