The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Projecting Manning's stats. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107515)

09-30-2012 04:49 PM

Projecting Manning's stats.

For those of you who are interested, after one quarter of a season Manning's stats project out to be very impressive.

16 game projection:

Attempts: 612
Completions: 396
Completion %: 64.7
Touchdowns: 32
Interceptions: 12
Yards: 4648
QB rating: 96.9

Now which Manning we see from here on out remains a mystery, but if the version we've seen against the Steelers and Raiders shows up from here on out they could be a lot better than this. If so, we could win a lot of games. So here's hoping for no more Atlanta games. Really it's remarkable that these projected stats are so good given that game against Atlanta.

extralife 09-30-2012 05:28 PM

And I know the modern NFL passing game sort of invalidates everything, but both those TD and yardage numbers would be Broncos records.

Doggcow 09-30-2012 05:41 PM

Infinity yards

broncocalijohn 09-30-2012 05:43 PM

Hope he doesnt have to pass that much as it would mean we are trying to play catch up. Plus, you can not play against the Faiders every 4 games. I know it sucks but it is a reality.

09-30-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3684176)
For those of you who are interested, after one quarter of a season Manning's stats project out to be very impressive.

16 game projection:

Now which Manning we see from here on out remains a mystery, but if the version we've seen against the Steelers and Raiders shows up from here on out they could be a lot better than this. If so, we could win a lot of games. So here's hoping for no more Atlanta games. Really it's remarkable that these projected stats are so good given that game against Atlanta.

If Manning piles up those stats he'll be good for a 5th MVP award in all likelihood

errand 09-30-2012 05:55 PM

I'm amazed that people still think he'll someday cease to amaze them

ZONA 09-30-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3684176)

16 game projection:

I think our defense helped out alot also. When we can get some 3 and out's on defense, it really can aid this offense, especially the no huddle offense. I think you saw a Raiders defense in the 3rd and 4th that were wiped out.

09-30-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiralism (Post 3684261)
If Manning piles up those stats he'll be good for a 5th MVP award in all likelihood

Not in today's NFL. Rodgers racked up comparable yards, 13 more TD's, and had half as many interceptions last year. That was on roughly a hundred fewer attempts to boot. In today's NFL, those numbers are common amongst franchise QBs'.

He might be in the discussion with some clutch wins against good teams and the like, but those stats wouldn't assure him an MVP. Far from it.

09-30-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3684253)
Hope he doesnt have to pass that much as it would mean we are trying to play catch up. Plus, you can not play against the Faiders every 4 games. I know it sucks but it is a reality.

We were playing with the lead all day while being able to run it effectively, and he still had 38 attempts. I think at this point it's obvious this is a pass-first team. He may not top 600 attempts this season, but we are going to pass a lot whether we are trailing or not. That's today's NFL, and that's Manning.

maven 09-30-2012 06:03 PM

Manning>Teblow

09-30-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3684278)
Manning>Teblow

Seriously? That's going to be your contribution to this thread? ::)

Rock Chalk 09-30-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3684282)
Seriously? That's going to be your contribution to this thread? ::)

Well, it's true.

oubronco 09-30-2012 06:14 PM

Plan A muthafugga's

09-30-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Chalk (Post 3684284)
Well, it's true.

It's also true that you are a terrible poster who almost never contributes a post that is worth a ****. Doesn't mean I should go around spamming threads about it.

errand 09-30-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3684269)
I think our defense helped out alot also. When we can get some 3 and out's on defense, it really can aid this offense, especially the no huddle offense. I think you saw a Raiders defense in the 3rd and 4th that were wiped out.

It was great watching our D play with a double digit lead....

Broncos_OTM 09-30-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3684292)
It's also true that you are a terrible poster who almost never contributes a post that is worth a ****. Doesn't mean I should go around spamming threads about it.

Settle down sparky, we won

09-30-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM (Post 3684306)
Settle down sparky, we won

Yeah. I'm the one who started this rather positive thread. Then trolls come in wanting to make this about Tebow for some reason. I think my annoyance is warranted.

errand 09-30-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3684310)
Yeah. I'm the one who started this rather positive thread. Then trolls come in wanting to make this about Tebow for some reason. I think my annoyance is warranted.

Well in fairness to them, they probably feel a bit vindicated due to your constantly blasting the organization for signing Manning, discounting his accomplishments, and blindly defending the Jets' punt protector as the superior option to our signing Manning.

09-30-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3684404)
Well in fairness to them, they probably feel a bit vindicated due to your constantly blasting the organization for signing Manning, discounting his accomplishments, and blindly defending the Jets' punt protector as the superior option to our signing Manning.

I never said Tebow was "the superior option". I was concerned that Manning would be a shadow of his former self, and I wasn't happy with the FO just giving up on developing Tebow despite the fact that he had helped us win a playoff game. I've admitted I was wrong on the first point, but I still think dumping Tebow and drafting Osweiler was stupid. And really, why do people constantly feel the need to bring up Tebow? I'm trying to be supportive of our current QB, and people constantly want to bash our former QB. It's bizarre.

broncocalijohn 09-30-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3684310)

I will back you up on this one but while Maven and Rock Chalk were wrong, you do bring this **** on yourself with most of your opinions. THis thread is worthy to discuss without Tebow thrown in. WHich would be nice because Tebow sucks.

j/k (no he really does) :)

That One Guy 09-30-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3684253)

No but between the Raiders and the Chiefs, we should have adequate stat buffering.

Tough schedule or not... we have 1/4 of our entire schedule against the Raiders and the Chiefs. Let's hope they both play them all as they did today.

09-30-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3684423)
I will back you up on this one but while Maven and Rock Chalk were wrong, you do bring this **** on yourself with most of your opinions. THis thread is worthy to discuss without Tebow thrown in. WHich would be nice because Tebow sucks.

j/k (no he really does) :)

The main point being that this thread is about Manning, not Tebow. If people want to pursue their childish hatred of our former QB there's the "Tebow sucks" thread that is still alive and kicking oddly enough.

Steve Sewell 09-30-2012 08:10 PM

This thread is now about Tebow.

Gutless Drunk 09-30-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3684440)
The main point being that this thread is about Manning, not Tebow. If people want to pursue their childish hatred of our former QB there's the "Tebow sucks" thread that is still alive and kicking oddly enough.

or they can also make use of the 57 Cutler threads.

baja 09-30-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That One Guy (Post 3684424)
No but between the Raiders and the Chiefs, we should have adequate stat buffering.

Tough schedule or not... we have 1/4 of our entire schedule against the Raiders and the Chiefs. Let's hope they both play them all as they did today.

Trouble is so does San Diego