The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2012-2013 General NHL Hockey Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107155)

SoCalBronco 09-15-2012 09:25 PM

2012-2013 General NHL Hockey Thread
 
So we're 23 minutes into the lockout....please end it, soon. :(

Oh and Let's Go Pens!

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content...nd-Malkin1.jpg

24champ 09-15-2012 09:36 PM

End the lockout so the Kings can repeat!

SoCalBronco 09-15-2012 09:40 PM

IMO, we'll lose about one month of the regular season.

DHallblows 09-15-2012 09:59 PM

Well this lockout can't be any worse than in 2005. Unless this one somehow manages to ruin/drastically change hockey as we know it again...

Goobzilla 09-15-2012 10:54 PM

This feels like a lost season to me, but both sides aren't that stupid are they?

Broncos_OTM 09-16-2012 04:01 AM

if they miss one game I'm gonna and won't ever come back. I'll just watch my cjtthroats :-)... only so many times the NHL will do this to me

09-16-2012 06:56 AM

Last time there was a lock out Canada started allowing gay marriage.

And no I'm not knocking gay marriage, it's actually beneficial to see what our country can accomplish when we have six months in the winter with nothing else to do.

DivineLegion 09-16-2012 07:14 AM

The Canes load up on talent for the first time in 6 years, and we get locked out.

SoCal this is Sids fault! Gary Bettman is giving his poster boy another year to recover with no pressure to return, there is no other logical explanation for this. -JK


I miss Hockey.

gyldenlove 09-16-2012 08:03 AM

If they miss 1 regular season game I am just going to stop watching the NHL, if they are that determined to **** up the game I say let them, but it won't be on my dime.

SoCalBronco 09-16-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivineLegion (Post 3668412)
The Canes load up on talent for the first time in 6 years, and we get locked out.

SoCal this is Sids fault! Gary Bettman is giving his poster boy another year to recover with no pressure to return, there is no other logical explanation for this. -JK


I miss Hockey.

I miss hockey too...I want to see Sid. He's 100% now and has been working out a ton this offseason, so I think he's back in beast mode if we can just get the games to start.

Carolina will be really strong this year with the additions they have made. I am going to miss Jordan but I don't hold it against him for leaving to be with his brother. He is a great defensive center and as you could see last year his offensive game is evolving as well. He's a really good player and will be a No. 1 center soon. Semin will be really dangerous on that team, too and Carolina has some great defensemen coming up in their system. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the Southeast this year.

I'm hoping for some good production from Sutter and maybe Dumoulin if he can crack the roster this year.

KipCorrington25 09-16-2012 11:27 AM

Remember people this is the NHL here we are dealing with the bushest of the bush leagues, there's no telling how bad they will cock this up. I could see a prolonged holdout that leads to no benefit to anyone.

Typical NHL.

Baba Booey 09-16-2012 11:34 AM

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...rry7/snipe.jpg

Beantown Bronco 09-16-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champ (Post 3668274)
End the lockout so the Kings can repeat!

The Kings are the #1 beneficiary of this IMO. Stanley Cup hangover as a result of a short summer is for real and if there's a lockout (with significant games cancelled), they'll catch up on all that rest.

I wish the B's had the benefit of a lockout last off season.

txtebow 09-16-2012 06:12 PM

The pens suck, Crosby is a whiny girl who will again be owned by my Orange clad flyers and the games will begin in December. Giroux for MVP!

SoCalBronco 09-16-2012 06:15 PM

With injuries and guys who left, the Flyers defense is now even worse than the Pens....if that's even possible. LOL

Actually I heard Homer was trying to trade for PK Subban. He would be a perfect Flyer, cause he's physical and a straight up dirty player.

maher_tyler 09-16-2012 06:20 PM

Why another lock out? This is irritating even though I'm not happy about the Avs giving Sacco an extension.

BroncosSR 09-16-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3669207)
With injuries and guys who left, the Flyers defense is now even worse than the Pens....if that's even possible. LOL

Actually I heard Homer was trying to trade for PK Subban. He would be a perfect Flyer, cause he's physical and a straight up dirty player.

Pot to Kettle... "You're black."

24champ 09-16-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3668652)
The Kings are the #1 beneficiary of this IMO. Stanley Cup hangover as a result of a short summer is for real and if there's a lockout (with significant games cancelled), they'll catch up on all that rest.

I wish the B's had the benefit of a lockout last off season.

Valid point, BB.

Meanwhile, I will be content just watching replays Game 5 of the WCF and Game 6 of the SCF on NHL network.;D

broncocalijohn 09-16-2012 08:07 PM

I am not a big basketball fan until the playoffs so hockey is my sport since the Broncos play once a week. I cannot survive on 1 game a week. October to April is nothing but football and hockey. If this happens, I hope the Broncos are playing into February or it is a long winter for me.

Aftermath 09-16-2012 10:52 PM

Im pretty bummed.... I really hope all the Flyers young guys dont lose a year off their careers.

chadta 09-17-2012 04:01 AM

When I saw the picture on the first post in the thread I thought it was another post on gay marriage, then i realized it was the pengirls.

Not sure the Flyer D got worse at all, sure they didnt get webber but they did add schenn, mez will be back, a shorter season helps Kimmo, coburn has been a horse, i can live with a third pair that includes two of gervais, grossman, lilja, gustafson.

Besides what does a pens fan care about how bad our D is, as long as you have MAF in net we could play 5 forwards, and still out score you guys.

Unfortunately, i dont think we see hockey this year, im hoping Bryzaster will go play in russia, and will like it so much that he will stay there.

Beantown Bronco 09-19-2012 09:36 AM

The NHL released the following statement to its fans last Sunday morning, hours after the third league-imposed lockout in 18 years began at midnight on Saturday.

The letter was posted on NHL.com and individual team websites.

“Despite the expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the National Hockey League has been, and remains, committed to negotiating around the clock to reach a new CBA that is fair to the Players and to the 30 NHL teams



Committed to negotiating around the clock? Except for the last week or so where there hasn't been a single meeting. That must be what they meant to say.

Reminds me of that scene from The Naked Gun:


"Wilma, I promise you; whatever scum did this, not one man on this force will rest one minute until he's behind bars. Now, let's grab a bite to eat."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n08mNz9f0FQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gyldenlove 09-19-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3673407)
The NHL released the following statement to its fans last Sunday morning, hours after the third league-imposed lockout in 18 years began at midnight on Saturday.

The letter was posted on NHL.com and individual team websites.

“Despite the expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the National Hockey League has been, and remains, committed to negotiating around the clock to reach a new CBA that is fair to the Players and to the 30 NHL teams



Committed to negotiating around the clock? Except for the last week or so where there hasn't been a single meeting. That must be what they meant to say.

Reminds me of that scene from The Naked Gun:


"Wilma, I promise you; whatever scum did this, not one man on this force will rest one minute until he's behind bars. Now, let's grab a bite to eat."

Bettman knows the only weapon he has is time - the players will be wanting their salary before the owners (most of the owners) will default on their loans.

24champ 09-19-2012 09:48 AM

Kings ownership company AEG is up for sale.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...0,754304.story


They are going to try and make a full on run for an NFL team in LA.

DivineLegion 09-19-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3673410)
Bettman knows the only weapon he has is time - the players will be wanting their salary before the owners (most of the owners) will default on their loans.

Not really, half the players in the league have already committed to Russian or Sweedish franchises. If I were a wealthy European who loved hockey I would try and unite the various German, Ukranian, Russian, and Sweedish leagues thereby stealing ALL the talent the NHL had, and putting Gary Bettman to rest. I hate how the NHL goes about their buisness. The sport is growing, it netted its largest profits ever last season, and the owners won't treat the players with an iota of respect. The NHL is shooting its self in the foot on this one.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.