The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Random Fantasy Discussion Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106728)

Pontius Pirate 08-25-2012 11:41 AM

The Random Fantasy Discussion Thread

Guys (and transgendered people): couple questions for you

1) What do you think of Stevan Ridley this year?
2) Marshawn Lynch - do you expect him to have as good a year this year as last?
3) Who do you like more: Stafford or Cam Newton?

peacepipe 08-25-2012 11:49 AM

1)who?
2)should have a very good yr.
3)stafford. should have another great yr, cam may hit a sophmore slump.

Doggcow 08-25-2012 11:50 AM

1) NE is one of those backfields I want to stay away from, period. Like Wash/Arizona/Cleveland/NYJ
2) I just don't trust Lynch at all. He's one of those guys that goes high enough that there are a lot of other guys I'd rather have.
3) Stafford, I like him a lot this year. I think he could repeat last year if Madden doesn't get Megatron, but it will.

DBroncos4life 08-25-2012 12:05 PM

Lynch miss time for that DUI.

Pontius Pirate 08-25-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3647281)
Lynch miss time for that DUI.

Everything I'm reading is that he won't miss any time this year

extralife 08-25-2012 12:37 PM

Lynch has no history of consistency, he just got paid, he's a bit of a moron, and he's unlikely to repeat his TD count from last year. There is no chance I'm drafting him before the third, which means there is no chance I'm drafting him.

NE backfield is a mess I'm not touching that either unless I'm poking around in the late rounds with a speculative pick. Stafford vs. Newton isn't even a competition. Newton may be good, but he's not coming close to 14 rushing TDs again and there's also a chance his passing regresses rather than develops. Stafford is safe as long as he stays healthy.

08-25-2012 01:04 PM

I like Ridley out of all the NE mess. I wouldn't count on him more than a bandaid.

Lynch I suspect will drop quite a bit. They will get Turbin carry's after his preseason.

Stafford by a long shot.

spdirty 08-25-2012 03:12 PM

1. Not touching him. Would rather have a flyer in J. Rodgers, Rashad Jennings, Gerhart, David Wilson, Cedric Benson, even Ronnie Hillman.

2. Good value late 2nd or in the 3rd. Take Turbin late though. Good RB2 and great RB3.

3. Neither. Its all about QBBC for me.

serious hops 08-26-2012 02:01 AM

I like Ridley well enough. . . for what he is, which is average ADP 82-- so top of the 8th round in a ten-team league. He's an RB3 / flex option, and I think he has solid value in that role. Who else is gonna fill the Law Firm role in that offense? Woodhead is a 100-150 touches a year guy, and Vereen is 5'9 205. The rest of their backs are rookies, and Vereen is already banged up. Ridley is 5'11 220, and has the most experience of the group behind Woodhead. He's clearly going to get the lion's share of goal line carries, and will be first in line for the chain-moving and clock-killing duties. He has an obvious ceiling, but remember-- BJGE still had 11 and 13 rushing TDs the last two years, even in that pass-heavy attack. The other backs avilable at that ADP are Donald Brown, CJ Spiller, Jonathon Stewart and Mark Ingram. By-passing their durability concerns, which of them offers a higher upside and more clearly-defined role?

Holding my breath, but I actually do like his chances to come pretty close-- IF he stays mostly healthy. He isn't old, though, and doesn't have a ton of mileage on his legs. I've always liked his skill set, nice combination of burst and power, and he's decisive. He clearly ain't bright, but he's a RB-- you ever heard Emmitt speak? IMO, College Pete's love approach resonates with Lynch, and has him focused. I also think their line really started to click in the ZBS last year, and I expect their run blocking to be strong again this season-- and Lynch fits the scheme perfectly. And we've seen the positive results on the running game when a mobile QB (like Wilson) forces that backside end to honor the boots. We saw it here last year, the threat of Tebow taking off kept ends from constantly crashing against the run game. Lynch caught 48 passes his second season, and has room to improve over last year's 28, which could off-set a potential drop of a few TDs. Turbin stealing work down the stretch is probably my biggest concern-- but I think Lynch's overall situation is just as good as guys like Jamaal Charles and Matt Forte who are going before him, or Michael Turner and Steven Jackson who are right behind him. He's the 12th overall back off the board, and I think he's fine as a high-end RB2. I'd probably feel safer taking Graham/Gronk or a beast receiver in that spot, though.

Flip a coin in terms of production, I basically have them as 3 and 3A behind Rogers- Brees - Brady. I see Matt as a little safer bet for huge numbers, but I'll draft the big hoss Newton over the injury-prone Stafford, even if Cam does also take more punishment. Stafford is clearly worth the first round pick likely required to draft either of them. . . but he's only finished one season, and that does make me nervous. Taking a second-year QB-- especially one whose unique rushing TD numbers were such a huge part of his dominance-- certainly is a calculated risk as well, but I admit that I've become a Cam believer. His commitment and work ethic were what I questioned, but I'm now sold. The talent is obvious, and I think he will improve enough as a passer to cover any drop in rushing TDs-- and I still expect big numbers there, as OC Rob Chudzinski isn't going to go away from the red zone approach that was such dynamite last year. Neither looks to have a great defense, and I expect both to get plenty of opportunities to cut it loose. Don't really think you can go wrong with either, if taking a QB at the back end of the first / early second is the approach you want to take.

The Joker 08-26-2012 07:08 PM

Simple enough question.

Dez Bryant or Marques Colston?

Doggcow 08-26-2012 07:13 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/25630194.jpg

Doggcow 08-26-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schism (Post 3648652)
Simple enough question.

Neither, Decker. Although he may go a lot higher now after today.

Or wait like 5 rounds and get Lance Moore.

Br0nc0Buster 08-26-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schism (Post 3648652)
Simple enough question.

Colston

I hope Lynch does well as I drafted him in the 3rd in my league

Thoughts on Ryan Matthews, Doug Martin, and Trent Richardson anyone?
I was not super high on any of them, but they all fell a lot lower than I expected in my draft and I ended up drafting all of 3 of them

I am hoping Richardson can be sort of like Steven Jackson
A volume player on a bad team, but wont come off on 3rd down

Same thing for Martin

Mathews I am unsure of due to his injury, but I couldnt pass up his potential in the 5th

Swedish Extrovert 08-26-2012 08:27 PM

Random fantasy thread? Okay.

Scarlett Johansson...

No?

Doggcow 08-26-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster (Post 3648659)
Colston

I hope Lynch does well as I drafted him in the 3rd in my league

Thoughts on Ryan Matthews, Doug Martin, and Trent Richardson anyone?
I was not super high on any of them, but they all fell a lot lower than I expected in my draft and I ended up drafting all of 3 of them

I am hoping Richardson can be sort of like Steven Jackson
A volume player on a bad team, but wont come off on 3rd down

Same thing for Martin

Mathews I am unsure of due to his injury, but I couldnt pass up his potential in the 5th

Jesus christ. Where do you people find these leagues where a #1 RB, on a good-ish team, with a good qb, that doesn't split carries goes in the 5th.

Majik 08-26-2012 09:50 PM

Russell Wilson or Philip Rivers?

DenverBroncosJM 08-26-2012 10:08 PM

Rivers.. He will completely **** the bed when you need him to have a decent game. Sorry hang over from last year. Wilson looked good against 2-3rd teamers and no defensive game planning. He will be a good qb but I am not taking a chance on him

Boobs McGee 08-27-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3648754)
Jesus christ. Where do you people find these leagues where a #1 RB, on a good-ish team, with a good qb, that doesn't split carries goes in the 5th.

No ****. By the fifth round in both of my leagues, you're pretty much picking through the scrap heap at all major positions. A coworker of mine (didn't get invited to the league cause they were full) showed me his draft sheet, and he picked up big ben in the 7th round of a 15 round draft with 12 teams.

???