The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ryan Clady: 5 Year, $50 Million Offer (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106215)

RhymesayersDU 07-22-2012 04:58 PM

Ryan Clady: 5 Year, $50 Million Offer
 
Per the Denver Post.

Discuss.

SouthStndJunkie 07-22-2012 05:17 PM

$28 million of that offer is guaranteed, which is the real number to focus on.

RhymesayersDU 07-22-2012 05:19 PM

True; also the word is he wants more than that, so we'll see what happens, if he will be franchised next year, etc.

SouthStndJunkie 07-22-2012 05:19 PM

However, the league source said Clady and his agent, Pat Dye, are seeking a deal that would slightly exceed the contract of Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas, who received an extension last summer that averages $11.5 million a year, according to the NFL Players Association.

Gutless Drunk 07-22-2012 05:27 PM

the $10 million average annual value would put Clady with the NFLís top-five highest-paid left tackles.

Clady, who is in the final year of his rookie contract, is owed $3.5 million in 2012.

Per Klis, however, the offer isnít viewed as strong enough by Cladyís camp. Agent Pat Dye reportedly wants a deal worth more than that of Clevelandís Joe Thomas. Thomas signed an eight-year, $92 million deal last August and is the NFLís richest left tackle.

Clady isnít as good as Thomas ó and it isnít even close. So the fact that Clady wants more money than a player heís inferior to suggests no deal is imminent, barring a surprise increase in the Broncosí already reasonable offer or decrease in Cladyís unreasonable contract demands.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-extension/

dbfan21 07-22-2012 05:28 PM

Sign it, Ryan!!

07-22-2012 05:42 PM

The Broncos made a really good offer. Joe Thomas got $44 million guaranteed in an eight-year contract. $5.5 million guaranteed per year. This deal would give Clady $28 million guaranteed in a five-year contract, $5.6 million guaranteed per year. Clady is not as good as Joe Thomas, and a $10 million salary is a very fair offer. Let him play for his current salary, then give him a franchise tag next year. There is no need to accept Clady's unrealistic demands.

broncocalijohn 07-22-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3623615)
However, the league source said Clady and his agent, Pat Dye, are seeking a deal that would slightly exceed the contract of Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas, who received an extension last summer that averages $11.5 million a year, according to the NFL Players Association.

He hasnt been as good as his rookie year. He is still living off of that season. Prove you are better than Joe Thomas or the other Top 3 O Linemen.

SoCalBronco 07-22-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3623622)
He hasnt been as good as his rookie year. He is still living off of that season. Prove you are better than Joe Thomas or the other Top 3 O Linemen.

Agreed. This is a generous offer considering his level of play since the injury. If he wants more he should prove he can return to his prior form this season.

KCStud 07-22-2012 05:52 PM

Wow can you say "overspending"? No way Clady is worth that much. Especially after this last season.

07-22-2012 05:56 PM

That's a high offer. Clady should accept it. If he doesn't, make him play it out. We'll see how good he really is trying to hold off a ferocious pass rush designed to get Peyton the only way he can be gotten -- quick pressure.

bronco militia 07-22-2012 06:12 PM

manning is going to make Clady look like a HOF this year.....I won't be surprised if he test's free agency.

SouthStndJunkie 07-22-2012 06:14 PM

That's ok....Clady isn't going anywhere.

Denver can franchise him next year if they aren't able to work out a new deal.

07-22-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 3623631)
manning is going to make Clady look like a HOF this year.....I won't be surprised if he test's free agency.

Because he gets rid of it quickly? Offset by the amount of pressure to get at Peyton. Tebow had people actually not wanting to get to him, to make him throw it.

The pass rush will be amped up this year.

And "just get rid of it" is not always the magic answer. Yes, you can avoid a sack. But sometimes Peyton prefers to go ahead and have protection to allow a play to develop.

oubronco 07-22-2012 06:28 PM

Damn that's more than enough money he needs to sign that and kick back and smile

07-22-2012 06:37 PM

Clady should sign that as quick as he can. He is banking on Manning making him look like a stud which will happen but none of Manning's LT in the past outside of Glenn were worth any amount of money at all.

RaiderH8r 07-22-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3623625)
Agreed. This is a generous offer considering his level of play since the injury. If he wants more he should prove he can return to his prior form this season.

Yep. He should grab the money because his recent play doesn't justify this offer or his perceived value. That rookie year has done him good.

07-22-2012 06:44 PM

The position is a highly paid on (second highest paid position, last I heard). So there's not much to be saved there. Just amounts to a decision that he is the perennial starter.

07-22-2012 06:50 PM

The season will have a big impact on the number. If clady plays like an all pro that number has to go up to his asking price. If he gives up a lot of sacks and plays bad, or gets injured that number will go down. Clady is banking on the 2012 season performance being his leverage.

07-22-2012 07:03 PM

Pat Bowlen is clearly broke.

Anyways Ryan take the ****ing money and run. Or at least block. You want Thomas money, earn Thomas money.

bpc 07-22-2012 08:54 PM

Clady hasn't looked right since the injury. Hopefully Manning back there will raise his confidence as he gets the ball out quicker.

jutang 07-22-2012 09:05 PM

Surprised Clady's side is still holding out for more. Value of having a great left tackle isn't as strong as it used to be. There was an article where Gary Zimmerman was saying with 3 & 5 step drops becoming so popular, it makes it much easier for the left tackle to protect the QB. 7 step drops is where elite LT made their money.

lonestar 07-22-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 3623650)
Yep. He should grab the money because his recent play doesn't justify this offer or his perceived value. That rookie year has done him good.

completely agree with this post..

He was great his rookie year then got hurt and is playing off rep since..

IMO tell him to sign or be tagged the next couple of years.. time enough to get a qualified replacement for him.. and with todays rookie contract we will save a ton of money over the next 4-5 years..

SOunds to me like he is not to smart..

UberBroncoMan 07-22-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3623615)
However, the league source said Clady and his agent, Pat Dye, are seeking a deal that would slightly exceed the contract of Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas, who received an extension last summer that averages $11.5 million a year, according to the NFL Players Association.

He should try exceeding Joe Thomas' level of play if he wants that then.

Clady is a good LT but he's not a 5 year player with 5 pro bowls and 3 1st team selections and 1 2nd team selection.

broncocalijohn 07-22-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jutang (Post 3623720)
Surprised Clady's side is still holding out for more. Value of having a great left tackle isn't as strong as it used to be. There was an article where Gary Zimmerman was saying with 3 & 5 step drops becoming so popular, it makes it much easier for the left tackle to protect the QB. 7 step drops is where elite LT made their money.

Hell, if Clady doesnt come to his senses, Elway might go back to Sturges in 2013 and get Zimmerman to come out of retirement.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.