The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   JoePa (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101140)

Garcia Bronco 11-08-2011 10:52 AM

JoePa
 
Thoughts?

He's about to have his ass handed to him.

Rohirrim 11-08-2011 10:53 AM

He should have retired ten years ago. Now, he goes out in disgrace.

crowebomber 11-08-2011 10:53 AM

He should. When you know about someone on your staff molesting a 10 year old boy in the locker room, you call the police. You don't hand it off to administration to handle it internally.

bfoflcommish 11-08-2011 10:54 AM

i have less than zero respect for anyone who stood by and did NOTHING to help anyone, much less children who are being raped. f Jopa, and his now tarnished legacy

Garcia Bronco 11-08-2011 10:55 AM

Well he hasn't really been coaching. But to me this isn't about coaching or football, but about our duty to each other and he failed those kids along with others in the faculty. Disgrace is the right word. He'll be allowed to retire, but he's basically been fired.
All sorts of fun lawsuits are going to come out of this one, because any person ever been fired for cause at that University has a case of discrimination

11-08-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowebomber (Post 3364296)
He should. When you know about someone on your staff molesting a 10 year old boy in the locker room, you call the police. You don't hand it off to administration to handle it internally.

The guy was just trying to get it in ???



Kidding... **** these guys, and all child molesters

alkemical 11-08-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3364300)
Well he hasn't really been coaching. But to me this isn't about coaching or football, but about our duty to each other and he failed those kids along with others in the faculty. Disgrace is the right word. He'll be allowed to retire, but he's basically been fired.
All sorts of fun lawsuits are going to come out of this one, because any person ever been fired for cause at that University has a case of discrimination

Agreed.

He's done from what i'm hearing out my way.

That One Guy 11-08-2011 10:59 AM

Good to see. It's beyond naive to think it's ok to just tell your superiors and think that's enough.

Garcia Bronco 11-08-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That One Guy (Post 3364306)
Good to see. It's beyond naive to think it's ok to just tell your superiors and think that's enough.

Legally speaking he's not compelled to even report the crime. I would imagine that he's violated the code of conduct for the University and so did McQueary(sp), the current position coach, and the AD, and the anyone else that knew.

bfoflcommish 11-08-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3364307)
Legally speaking he's not compelled to even report the crime. I would imagine that he's violated the code of conduct for the University and so did McQueary(sp), the current position coach, and the AD, and the anyone else that knew.

By not reporting what he knew to authorities he too hurt the very kids that looked up to his program.

Ray Finkle 11-08-2011 11:04 AM

he deserves to have his image tarnished and be booted out of the university. This is beyond disgusting.

That One Guy 11-08-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3364307)
Legally speaking he's not compelled to even report the crime. I would imagine that he's violated the code of conduct for the University and so did McQueary(sp), the current position coach, and the AD, and the anyone else that knew.

Yeah, I was surprised by that but saw that apparently, legally, he's covered by reporting it. Obviously he's ok legally but, in terms of morally, it was absolutely the wrong decision.

He isn't facing jailtime but his tarnished legacy will tell us all what the right decision would have been. The sad part for Paterno is that he'll probably die before this all has a chance to blow over completely.

Garcia Bronco 11-08-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfoflcommish (Post 3364311)
By not reporting what he knew to authorities he too hurt the very kids that looked up to his program.

Absoultely.

peacepipe 11-08-2011 11:13 AM

apparently according to the nytimes penn state is planning jopas exit.

11-08-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3364307)
I would imagine that he's violated the code of conduct for the University and so did McQueary(sp), the current position coach, and the AD, and the anyone else that knew.

From everything I've read, he did precisely what the PSU code of conduct required him to do based off of the information he was given by the witness to the incident.

TheReverend 11-08-2011 11:20 AM

Whoa whoa whoa

Everybody calm dalm. Sandusky's the criminal here and Schultz and Curley aren't too far behind for covering it up.

As for Paterno, Sandusky no longer worked for him and after bringing it to the attention of his superiors who's to say they didn't tell him they notified the police?

IF it comes out that he was in any way shape or form involved in covering this up OR even negligent with how it was handled, then yes, he's done and his legacy should even be forgotten, but let's see over the next week.

alkemical 11-08-2011 11:22 AM

So...no Happy Valley or Beaver Stadium jokes yet?

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ 11-08-2011 11:23 AM

"A reputation takes a lifetime to build, but only seconds to destroy."

SureShot 11-08-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3364330)
Whoa whoa whoa

Everybody calm dalm. Sandusky's the criminal here and Schultz and Curley aren't too far behind for covering it up.

As for Paterno, Sandusky no longer worked for him and after bringing it to the attention of his superiors who's to say they didn't tell him they notified the police?

IF it comes out that he was in any way shape or form involved in covering this up OR even negligent with how it was handled, then yes, he's done and his legacy should even be forgotten, but let's see over the next week.

So if you were Joe and a assistant told you he saw Sandusky anal raping a ten year old boy you wouldnt feel obligated to do more than just tell your superior? I am surprised to hear that from someone with a kid.

WolfpackGuy 11-08-2011 11:25 AM

PSU people I know are embarrassed and say he should step down gracefully.

Well, as gracefully as he can at this point.

Pony Boy 11-08-2011 11:27 AM

JoePa needs this ............

Attachment 29490

chawknz 11-08-2011 11:27 AM

‎"An older woman chasing a younger guy is called a cougar. Does this mean an older guy chasing a young boy called a Nittany Lion?"-Tucker Max

TheReverend 11-08-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SureShot (Post 3364338)
So if you were Joe and a assistant told you he saw Sandusky anal raping a ten year old boy you wouldnt feel obligated to do more than just tell your superior? I am surprised to hear that from someone with a kid.

No no no, not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying he may have gone to the athletic director who may have assured him he'd contact the police immediately.

In no way shape or form am I saying the story that's out right now is acceptable. If that's all he did and he thought that was the appropriate channel for that offense, then he should go down hard.

alkemical 11-08-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chawknz (Post 3364344)
‎"An older woman chasing a younger guy is called a cougar. Does this mean an older guy chasing a young boy called a Nittany Lion?"-Tucker Max



Ooof.

Garcia Bronco 11-08-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie (Post 3364326)
From everything I've read, he did precisely what the PSU code of conduct required him to do based off of the information he was given by the witness to the incident.

Well I haven't read it...and as hard as we would try we wouldn't find a 2002 copy. I'll bet if we read it, we'd find it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.