The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gambling (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101037)

That One Guy 11-03-2011 02:05 PM

Gambling
 
So, I stayed away from gambling this year but got bored today so I'm getting back into it. Anyone putting money down? I'm trying to keep my betting for fun so trying to avoid the 4-500 a week I was sometimes playing last year.

I have Pack -5 1/1, 9ers -3 1/2, and Bengals +2 in lines.

I have a slew of parlays of Pack -3 (1H), Packers/Chargers O 25 1/2 (1H), Chefs/Dolphins U 20(1H), Skins/9ers U 19(1H), 9ers -3(1H), Steelers -3

Then I have a ML parlay for Falcons, 9ers, Cowboys, and Packers.

I probably put more on the parlays than I should've but I'm trying a new site this year and they require $5 minimums on the parlays. We'll see how it works.

Anyone else laying money? Got some angle that sounds good and wanna share?

OBF1 11-03-2011 03:20 PM

parlay = fools bet

tsiguy96 11-03-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3356095)
parlay = fools bet

either way, its a fun way to spend $5.

That One Guy 11-03-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsiguy96 (Post 3356099)
either way, its a fun way to spend $5.

My figurin' too. I wont get the thrill that I had before where when things went right, I was winning $700 in a day. So it'll be fun to take a shot and see what comes of it. If I tank, I'll spend the rest doing $2 straight bets.

Oh, and I went back in and added $10 on ARK St over FAU just because those turds lose everything.

tsiguy96 11-03-2011 04:28 PM

:)

ill be tailgating at the game a little bit, gonna watch til its over either way then going home to bed.

11-03-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsiguy96 (Post 3356099)
either way, its a fun way to spend $5.

Hilarious!

That One Guy 11-03-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsiguy96 (Post 3356157)
:)

ill be tailgating at the game a little bit, gonna watch til its over either way then going home to bed.

It looks like my wife's gonna drag me to the FIU game because it's a free veterans day or something.

I think we're taking the boat out for some fishing on Saturday but if not, I might just roll my caboose outta bed and go watch. For some reason football and a beer sounds like a darn good idea.

That One Guy 11-03-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke4815162342 (Post 3356161)
Hilarious!

?

I've done a lot of parlays and I've won a lot of money. They're fun to take a shot on. You expect to lose, you're happy as hell if one hits.

If you do multiple and none of them hit, you reevaluate or step away from them. I don't see them as the plague of gambling that some seem to.

But, on the other hand if you can't spare $5 for some entertainment, then I absolutely understand your position. The odds are strongly against you that you'll win.

11-03-2011 04:37 PM

even if you have money to lose...

Quote:

Originally Posted by That One Guy (Post 3356164)
The odds are strongly against you that you'll win.


Popps 11-03-2011 04:47 PM

I don't ever bet games anymore, really... but I notice this week:

Giants: +9 (10 in some places)
Falcons -7

Those look interesting to me.

That One Guy 11-03-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke4815162342 (Post 3356168)
even if you have money to lose...

Agreed. My wife dropped $5 on the lotto last night too. I've won more parlays than she has lotteries.

Just enjoy it if you can afford it. If all else fails, I can use my winnings when I dominate my FF league to cover all my losses.

That One Guy 11-03-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popps (Post 3356181)
I don't ever bet games anymore, really... but I notice this week:

Giants: +9 (10 in some places)
Falcons -7

Those look interesting to me.

Very good call on the Giants. I overlooked that one entirely. The problem, for me, would just be that the game could absolutely go any direction. I could see the Giants getting blown out, Pats getting blown out, or a close game between the two and not be surprised at all. The Giants would surely be the play there but it wouldn't be a bet I'd comfortably make.

The Falcons... They'll definitely win, but that's all I can say. I'd probably prefer their -4 first half line or maybe a 1H ML if it were offered. This might actually be a game I look at more.

Bronx33 11-03-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsiguy96 (Post 3356099)
either way, its a fun way to spend $5.


Even better

That One Guy 11-03-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronx33 (Post 3356203)

LOL

Only the girl willing to write or draw anything on her face for $5 would be worth it. Otherwise, I'll do my own voiceover or finger puppets and take my parlay.

phibacka31 11-03-2011 05:15 PM

Which site are you now using?
Quote:

Originally Posted by That One Guy (Post 3356012)
So, I stayed away from gambling this year but got bored today so I'm getting back into it. Anyone putting money down? I'm trying to keep my betting for fun so trying to avoid the 4-500 a week I was sometimes playing last year.

I have Pack -5 1/1, 9ers -3 1/2, and Bengals +2 in lines.

I have a slew of parlays of Pack -3 (1H), Packers/Chargers O 25 1/2 (1H), Chefs/Dolphins U 20(1H), Skins/9ers U 19(1H), 9ers -3(1H), Steelers -3

Then I have a ML parlay for Falcons, 9ers, Cowboys, and Packers.

I probably put more on the parlays than I should've but I'm trying a new site this year and they require $5 minimums on the parlays. We'll see how it works.



Which site are you mow using?

Anyone else laying money? Got some angle that sounds good and wanna share?


That One Guy 11-03-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phibacka31 (Post 3356212)
Which site are you now using?

I went through Betphoenix and Bodog and am now with SBG Global.

The thing I like so far is they round their wagers to the nearest dollar. If you get 105 odds, you change your amount and you can get either 100 or 110.

11-03-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That One Guy (Post 3356182)
Agreed. My wife dropped $5 on the lotto last night too. I've won more parlays than she has lotteries.

Just enjoy it if you can afford it. If all else fails, I can use my winnings when I dominate my FF league to cover all my losses.

My mom used to play the lottery, then I gave her a math lesson

That One Guy 11-03-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke4815162342 (Post 3356265)
My mom used to play the lottery, then I gave her a math lesson

You don't play the lotto to win. You play the lotto so you can dream about what you'd do if you did win.

Requiem 11-03-2011 06:40 PM

200 bones on the Phins to beat Kansas ****tay.

That One Guy 11-03-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3356298)
200 bones on the Phins to beat Kansas ****tay.

You really think Miami wins that?

TonyR 11-03-2011 07:03 PM

I think the Eagles are an absolute lock to cover against the Bears.

Requiem 11-03-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That One Guy (Post 3356306)
You really think Miami wins that?

The money is gonna speak for itself homie. Slap up a bet on that too. Put twenty bucks on it and pass on a lap dance yo!

Miami is going to **** on Kansas City's ****ing face because Bobo wants it to happen.

When has Kansas City ever been good at any sport?

Chiefs? Suck. Royals? Cool stadium, team plays like AIDS.

Anything else I'm missing?

I saw Jim Abbot play against them and he had one hand!

11-03-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That One Guy (Post 3356295)
You don't play the lotto to win. You play the lotto so you can dream about what you'd do if you did win.

Not what many players think.

11-03-2011 09:27 PM

The money should go to Miami beating Florida St

SportinOne 11-04-2011 12:41 AM

Well.... i'm really not sure why people don't see parlays as a legitimate gamble. 5, 6, 7, 8 teamers? Okay, that's rarely going to work in your favor. But i've been all over the two and three teamers.. to much success.

I too had stayed away from gambling on football this year until sportsbook.com (now .ag) put 5 bucks in my account trying to lure me back in. Joke's on them, i've turned that into 1300 and counting in less than four weeks. And that's after last weeks disaster.. (****ing New Orleans....)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.