The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Off Topics Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Will anything actually be done about the Patriots cheating? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119538)

Doggcow 09-11-2015 12:17 AM

Will anything actually be done about the Patriots cheating?

They're just blatantly cheating and disregarding the rules. They're still pulling the headset bull****.

I'm seriously close to abandoning the league if this **** isn't dealt with.

Quoydogs 09-11-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 4434802)
They're just blatantly cheating and disregarding the rules. They're still pulling the headset bull****.

I'm seriously close to abandoning the league if this **** isn't dealt with.

No. Nothing will be done

KipCorrington25 09-11-2015 12:24 AM

**** no, besides Denver any other NFL games are unwatchable, between the commercials and the favoritism and the cheating and insufferable commentary from the self aggrandizing announcers it's insufferable.

I really only watch Denver because I've been following them since the 70's otherwise the NFL product is terrible.

RepentWalpurgis 09-11-2015 12:30 AM

Only in the sense that they arent goodells pet franchise anymore and under the godfathers protection.

footstepsfrom#27 09-11-2015 12:31 AM

Whether or not there's any merit to Tomlin's comment, it's just astounding that a fresh controversy is erupting around the Patriots in the very game that Brady returns, let alone their home opener. One would think they would go above and beyond to appear beyond reproach at least in the short term.

Amazing...

strafen 09-11-2015 12:55 AM

You know, after the court ruled in favor of Tom Shady it made me wonder if Pete Rose can take his case to the court and have his ban from baseball overturned?
I mean, he broke a games' rule, right? and so did Tom Shady...

Shananahan 09-11-2015 12:56 AM

America's desire for drama and conflict is greater than its need for self-respect.

Cito Pelon 09-11-2015 12:56 AM

If anybody can prove cheating I'm fine with it. Unless you can prove it, STFU about it.

kdissette 09-11-2015 01:12 AM

the nfl officials control the communication equip and have an official present at the box which controls it...i think people are really just going ape**** now about anything that happens out of sorts in a game that features the patriots. The cheating was real many years ago but i just highly doubt they have much control over most of the game anymore since their methods were exposed and the NFL now has officials controlling all the equip for games. I personally want to know how i can get a job to stand by something and watch a game that would be sweet.

Shananahan 09-11-2015 01:17 AM

At this point in time, I think our greatest hope is probably just that Gronk will somehow suddenly snap while in the shower or the weight room and just wipe the team out in a blinding, senseless act of reflexive genetic dominance. Kinda like those lions that sometimes eat the trainers who raised them.

stopgap 09-11-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdissette (Post 4434814)
the nfl officials control the communication equip and have an official present at the box which controls it...i think people are really just going ape**** now about anything that happens out of sorts in a game that features the patriots. The cheating was real many years ago but i just highly doubt they have much control over most of the game anymore since their methods were exposed and the NFL now has officials controlling all the equip for games. I personally want to know how i can get a job to stand by something and watch a game that would be sweet.

Yeah, you have to chalk this up to an untimely coincidence (for them). They are pretty under the microscope, but given the reffing tonight it is still favorable towards them.

Tomlin's comments about it happening all the time may or not be substantiated. We'll see soon enough if this will blow over or not.

Shananahan 09-11-2015 02:09 AM

Quote:

Believe what you want to, I suppose.

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets

footstepsfrom#27 09-11-2015 02:22 AM

Quote:

According to the NFL's official statement that's not entirely true, from SI...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/10/pit...blems-patriots

Quote:

In the first quarter of tonight's game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather. The coaches' communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs' use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues.
According to this, it was something related to the stadium's equipment not the stuff provided by the league that caused this. That fact alone is suspicious given the history there.

And this...

Quote:

Home teams are supposed to provide certain communications equipment, but opponents often don’t trust the Patriots to do it. One team griped to SI that New England supplied a corroded battery pack. Another current head coach brings his own equipment because he doesn’t trust the Patriots to supply anything of quality. A representative of a third team says the Pats provided headset gear that looked “like it had been run over by a lawn mower. Frayed wires, the speaker is all chopped up. . . .” James says that it is league policy for all headset batteries to be changed 30 minutes before a game, and that the team has “always complied with that.” He adds, “We’ve never been cited by the league for doing anything wrong as it pertains to communication device violations.”

Another team executive says, “Anybody who has gone in there in the last five years will tell you some sort of problem or snag they never hit any other place. They are the worst hosts in football.”

stopgap 09-11-2015 02:24 AM

There is no way they would even try to be caught responsible of something like this so soon. It was a malfunction. What irked me was Collinsworth was making light of it in the booth. This is a regular season game.

Can't piss of the Pats Nation that heavily weighs in on anything sports media.

stopgap 09-11-2015 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 (Post 4434819)
According to the NFL's official statement that's not entirely true, from SI...

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/10/pit...blems-patriots

According to this, it was something related to the stadium's equipment not the stuff provided by the league that caused this. That fact alone is suspicious given the history there.

And this...

Yeah, I am more of a casual fan at this point in my life so I don't research like you more hardcore fans do. If what you posted has merit, that is telling. Of course it all will be swept under the rug as Tommy is at the helm. ESPN can't gobble on him enough?

Ol#7 09-11-2015 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 (Post 4434804)
**** no, besides Denver any other NFL games are unwatchable, between the commercials and the favoritism and the cheating and insufferable commentary from the self aggrandizing announcers it's insufferable.

I really only watch Denver because I've been following them since the 70's otherwise the NFL product is terrible.

Same here. I was going to buy the Sunday Ticket, but, I don't want to give the NFL anything at this point. Just sick of it, and unless Denver is playing, have no real interest. I used to be the BIGGEST NFL fan too. I mean, the NBA lost me a long time ago, but never thought it would happen with the NFL. Heck, I only do fantasy because I have been putting on the league for so long, that everyone kind of counts on me to do it, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

broncosorange 09-11-2015 05:42 AM

The Patriots have become the boogieman. Never has one team in any sport been in the collective heads of the league and all 31 teams. Part of me things Bill loves this. More for teams to worry about other than the game. Pitt looked like a garbage dump last night.

peacepipe 09-11-2015 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosorange (Post 4434832)
The Patriots have become the boogieman. Never has one team in any sport been in the collective heads of the league and all 31 teams. Part of me things Bill loves this. More for teams to worry about other than the game. Pitt looked like a garbage dump last night.

I wouldn't give them that much credit. Pitt would've looked like a dump regardless of who they played.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 09-11-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 4434810)
If anybody can prove cheating I'm fine with it. Unless you can prove it, STFU about it.

Lol.

You've become a cartoon character.

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-hap...ets-1730005682

TheElusiveKyleOrton 09-11-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

The NFL actually does not control all the equipment for games... according to the NFL.

Read the Deadspin link i posted above. Very enlightening.

ArtoftheMan 09-11-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 4434810)

Sure.
The problem is, in order to officially "prove" anything regarding cheating, you actually need to get people to testify under oath. That's how our legal process works. In the case of mafia crime etc. they usually require someone to testify under the protection of immunity.
In the absense of legally approved testimony, everything can be disregarded as heresay.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 09-11-2015 05:54 AM

So what does the NFL death penalty look like for a team? Make them play all their home games in London? No draft? Two non-drafts?

broncosorange 09-11-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 4434834)
I wouldn't give them that much credit. Pitt would've looked like a dump regardless of who they played.

Yeah, probably. That was the biggest take away for me last night. That Pitt defense is awful. I expect the O to improve when Bell returns.

broncosorange 09-11-2015 05:58 AM

Is Tomlin really complaining about headsets??

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaQv04bCQAEUxAc.jpg