The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Super Bowl classics on NFLN featuring 2 of our 1980s appearances (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115713)

txtebow 06-22-2014 11:07 AM

Super Bowl classics on NFLN featuring 2 of our 1980s appearances
 
Is on now.

Bronc0guy 06-22-2014 01:17 PM

I'm watching. We were looking good in the first quarter.

txtebow 06-22-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronc0guy (Post 4130523)
I'm watching. We were looking good in the first quarter.

Pure unadulterated domination. Then our defense and O-line became a sieve...

randerson1184 06-22-2014 02:05 PM

Wasn't there a Denver touchdown called back by a holding call in the 1st half? My grandfather always points to that as a huge break for NY that really swung momentum in their favor.

Bronc0guy 06-22-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 4130527)
Pure unadulterated domination. Then our defense and O-line became a sieve...

Yep. Got freakin owned.

Bronc0guy 06-22-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson1184 (Post 4130547)
Wasn't there a Denver touchdown called back by a holding call in the 1st half? My grandfather always points to that as a huge break for NY that really swung momentum in their favor.

I'm not sure, but it's the redskins game they've got on right now.

broncocalijohn 06-23-2014 09:29 AM

I think I will pass on those two games. I saw a rerun in February and watching it "again" in June is too soon. I probably will watch those superbowls when I am about dead years old.

BroncoLifer 06-23-2014 10:23 AM

Tony Lilly. No bueno.

errand 06-24-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoLifer (Post 4130913)
Tony Lilly. No bueno.

Yes, blame the last guy chasing Timmy Smith into the end zone instead of the other 10 he got past.

BroncoLifer 06-24-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 4131454)
Yes, blame the last guy chasing Timmy Smith into the end zone instead of the other 10 he got past.

I was thinking of his pass "coverage" vs. Ricky Sanders and Gary Clark. I've watched the Broncos for over 40 years now and he was the slowest and worst safety I've ever seen in the line up. Can you name anybody who played S for Denver who was worse?

DENVERDUI55 06-24-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 4131454)
Yes, blame the last guy chasing Timmy Smith into the end zone instead of the other 10 he got past.

Wow I have never heard anyone defend Lilly. He was awful in that game. He makes The Dreams blown play look like a good one for his Washington SB. Game was over once Smith started running.

bronco militia 06-24-2014 06:45 PM

lmao at Tony Lilly

FYI, there was nothing classic about these 2 games

broncosteven 06-24-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 4131590)
lmao at Tony Lilly

FYI, there was nothing classic about these 2 games

Lilly had a very good career as a Bronco and was part of some great D's but I will always remember him running behind the scores in the 2nd quarter of the Deadskins game.

He deserves better.

bronco militia 06-24-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 4131598)
Lilly had a very good career as a Bronco and was part of some great D's but I will always remember him running behind the scores in the 2nd quarter of the Deadskins game.

He deserves better.

he was a backup for most of his career

In his four-year NFL career, he played in fifty-eight game, started fifteen of them, and totaled nine interceptions and three fumble recoveries

broncosteven 06-24-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 4131600)
he was a backup for most of his career

In his four-year NFL career, he played in fifty-eight game, started fifteen of them, and totaled nine interceptions and three fumble recoveries

I must have either confused him with Eddie Mac or those INT's clouded my judgement.

I remember him playing a lot and have seen him in a lot of the old games I have on DVD from the 80's.

bronco militia 06-24-2014 09:09 PM

Maybe you are thinking of steve foley?

Bronc0guy 06-24-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 4131590)
lmao at Tony Lilly

FYI, there was nothing classic about these 2 games

They should put that **** on pay per view and charge 30 bucks a pop.

jutang 06-24-2014 09:35 PM

Wasn't Lilly responsible for stripping Earnest Byner?

randerson1184 06-24-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jutang (Post 4131686)
Wasn't Lilly responsible for stripping Earnest Byner?

Jeremiah Castille.

Rocket 7 06-24-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson1184 (Post 4131687)
Jeremiah Castille.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJv22NHknI

errand 06-25-2014 08:20 PM

Wasn't "defending" Lilly....just saying our entire defense got pushed around by the Redskins, so why use him as the whipping boy when the entire D gave it up like a $2 trollop

errand 06-25-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco militia (Post 4131600)
he was a backup for most of his career

In his four-year NFL career, he played in fifty-eight game, started fifteen of them, and totaled nine interceptions and three fumble recoveries

Exactly....Lilly wasn't starting material which is why his subpar performance in the SB didn't shock me. However watching what few good players we did have getting pushed around did.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.