The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   tebow sucks (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102526)

01-01-2012 10:17 PM

Matt Flynn? You are nuts man.. put Tebow in Greenbay's offense he would be unstoppable..

He would probably win more than Rodgers.. but he would still do it ugly so people would doubt him just like everyone is doubting him now.

You gyts are too consumed with "looks".

If Tebow has a real coach that understands offense those couple plays here and there would have been the difference in the game...

It's amazing Tebow was as successful as he was with Fox's weighing him down. He could only do it for so long. He's playing opposing defenses with no help.

If you want to see a carbon copy of this go look back at Dirk Nowitzkis career in the NBA. He had a terrible coach in Avery Johnson that had no idea howto coach offense and he drove Dirk into the ground and had him lose to the Golden State warriors in the first round of the playoffs. Then Dirk wins a championship with a coach that actually knows what he is doing.

You have this incredibly innovative player and Fox has no idea how to adapt to him. Tebow adapted to Fox because of his great running ability.

RepentWalpurgis 01-01-2012 10:22 PM

Hell yes I'll watch. The Broncos defense was sensational today. Although Rothlisburger on one leg is better than Tebow and I'm worried about McGahee's leg.

extralife 01-01-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3441741)
as is ryan clark.

ryan clark can't play in denver anyway.

broncofan4life 01-01-2012 10:40 PM

he's horrible worst bronco QB of all time not counting simms. The book is out on him cant throw to his right play man to man and keep him in the pocket absolutely horrible

peacepipe 01-01-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGruder (Post 3441742)
Matt Flynn? You are nuts man.. put Tebow in Greenbay's offense he would be unstoppable..

He would probably win more than Rodgers.. but he would still do it ugly so people would doubt him just like everyone is doubting him now.

You gyts are too consumed with "looks".

If Tebow has a real coach that understands offense those couple plays here and there would have been the difference in the game...

It's amazing Tebow was as successful as he was with Fox's weighing him down. He could only do it for so long. He's playing opposing defenses with no help.

If you want to see a carbon copy of this go look back at Dirk Nowitzkis career in the NBA. He had a terrible coach in Avery Johnson that had no idea howto coach offense and he drove Dirk into the ground and had him lose to the Golden State warriors in the first round of the playoffs. Then Dirk wins a championship with a coach that actually knows what he is doing.You have this incredibly innovative player and Fox has no idea how to adapt to him. Tebow adapted to Fox because of his great running ability.

the mavs problem has never been offense,it's always been that they didn't play defense.

01-01-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncofan4life (Post 3441753)
he's horrible worst bronco QB of all time not counting simms. The book is out on him cant throw to his right play man to man and keep him in the pocket absolutely horrible

Too early to tell. On Decker as well. Decker needs to improve his route awareness. Today when he went out short of the sticks without trying to stretch or anything... I don't know if he just doesn't know where the first down is or what. Not sure why he's even running routes 2 yards short in the first place.

DBroncos4life 01-01-2012 10:58 PM

Did that ****ing nut job really say that Tebow would make the Packers better than they are now with Rodgers?

01-01-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3441741)
I remember when people were saying that they didn't want to go 8-8 with kyle orton as our quarterback.... and someone said well 8-8 can get you into the playoffs and it was laughed at..

Tebow didn't go 8-8. He went 7-4. 8-8 was with Kyle's help.

Pick Six 01-01-2012 11:41 PM

Tebow was actually better when the coaches didn't confuse him with trying to pass. He was effective when he hiked the ball and ran...

errand 01-02-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3441758)
Tebow didn't go 8-8. He went 7-4. 8-8 was with Kyle's help.

Well since the NFL had figured him out after the first 7 games, and after witnessing the atrocious play he's displayed since they have, I'll go out on a limb and say we wouldn't have won the rest of our games had tebow started every game this year

Atwater His Ass 01-02-2012 02:15 AM

holy **** never seen a bunch of nancy's so pissed at winning the division and making the playoffs.

DB-Freak 01-02-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGruder (Post 3441742)
Matt Flynn? You are nuts man.. put Tebow in Greenbay's offense he would be unstoppable..

He would probably win more than Rodgers.. but he would still do it ugly so people would doubt him just like everyone is doubting him now.

You gyts are too consumed with "looks".

If Tebow has a real coach that understands offense those couple plays here and there would have been the difference in the game...

It's amazing Tebow was as successful as he was with Fox's weighing him down. He could only do it for so long. He's playing opposing defenses with no help.

If you want to see a carbon copy of this go look back at Dirk Nowitzkis career in the NBA. He had a terrible coach in Avery Johnson that had no idea howto coach offense and he drove Dirk into the ground and had him lose to the Golden State warriors in the first round of the playoffs. Then Dirk wins a championship with a coach that actually knows what he is doing.

You have this incredibly innovative player and Fox has no idea how to adapt to him. Tebow adapted to Fox because of his great running ability.

wtf.....

epicSocialism4tw 01-02-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3441741)
I remember when people were saying that they didn't want to go 8-8 with kyle orton as our quarterback.... and someone said well 8-8 can get you into the playoffs and it was laughed at.

hopefully we'll win a playoff game at home next week... the sexual predator is hobbled was a bad ankle and mendenhall is out... as is ryan clark.

If Orton could have maintained a .500 record and had this team on anything other than the rapidly downward trajectory it was on, he'd still be starting here.

Jesterhole 01-02-2012 05:37 AM

This has everything to do with the playcalling and almost nothing to do with what Tebow can do. Fox and McCoy suck, they run the ball on 3rd and long time and time again, and don't even give the kid a chance to win it.

And also, if Matt Willis cathes a ball that hits him in his damn hands, that last drive would have look a lot different too. Tim has Pee Wee level coaches and high school level wide outs. How can you expect him to be any good?

01-02-2012 05:44 AM

Tebow's a bad quarterback in an awful situation.

Tebow + No confidence + Awful WRs + McCoy = Absolute garbage.

01-02-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesterhole (Post 3441895)
And also, if Matt Willis cathes a ball that hits him in his damn hands, that last drive would have look a lot different too. Tim has Pee Wee level coaches and high school level wide outs. How can you expect him to be any good?

According to reports, he was pretty heartbroken. That was the throw right there, the spark. CB's were on everybody like glue, and Tebow put it right where he had a chance to make a catch. Simms kept trying to say it was knocked away, but Willis just spiked it. With that catch, the whole last drive becomes exciting.

55CrushEm 01-02-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3440201)
i agree....he looks like the indecisive rookie tebow again.

This is his problem. It's not like he CAN'T throw the ball.....he just DOESN'T throw the ball.

His decision making (lack of) is his biggest problem......it's like he won't throw the ball to a guy unless that guy is wide open by 10 or more yards.

HE'S GOT TO PULL THE TRIGGER SOONER!

No wonder he's only has 3 pass attempts in a game......he's scared to throw for fear of making a mistake.

01-02-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3441757)
Did that ****ing nut job really say that Tebow would make the Packers better than they are now with Rodgers?

Yep... and I'm the same nutjob that said Tebow would make the Broncos better than Orton when everyone said that was impossible.

If Matt Flynn can outplay Rodgers wtf couldn't Tebow?

It absolutely amazes me how blind people can be. Any QB would look great with the weapons Rodgers has and the line protecting him he does. It's the same with Cam Newton in Carolina right now..

gunns 01-02-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontaine (Post 3440866)
It's not the playcalling, WRs and so on.

This is a pattern with Tebow. Against good quality DBs he's very hesitant to throw the ball. Against crappy DBs where our WRs get great seperation Tebow looks good like any other QB.

Against decent CBs, not so much.

So let's stop blaming the WRs, playcalling and so on. Tebow just played poorly and failed to elevate his game in the 4th largely due to KC having nothing to lose and playing tight coverage all game long instead of going into prevent mode.

Like I've been saying since he took over as starter. He's going to develop and it's going to take time. One/two seasons isn't enough, it's going to be a while but there's enough there for him to come back and deserve a fair shot at the job in 2012.

This. And get a QB in the off season to have waiting in the wings in case things don't work out. I don't want to wait until 2013 to address that. But I also don't want to sell the farm to address that as some do. Getting the D the positions they need is a huge priority and will help the offense in the end.

01-02-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3441846)
Well since the NFL had figured him out after the first 7 games, and after witnessing the atrocious play he's displayed since they have, I'll go out on a limb and say we wouldn't have won the rest of our games had tebow started every game this year

Speculate all you want. But at the end of the day, you're the one arguing that the woes of a 1-4 team ending 8-8 under a new QB is all the fault of said new QB.

This team is bad on offense. It was before Tebow got there, not even counting our best receiver being dished for peanuts.

01-02-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3441755)
the mavs problem has never been offense,it's always been that they didn't play defense.

No... it was offense.. this is what people don't understand.. offense and defense are tied together.

This is why Fox doesn't WANT guys playing offense... because it would make his defense look worse. It's a gimmick. He runs the ball every play to protect his defense and put them in a good postition and wrested.

Avery Johnson used to use Nowitzki like he was Tim Duncan. That is the worst thing you could do with a player so unconventional like Dirk. Avery did this because he was just trying to mimic Popovich of the Spurs because that was all Avery knew.

Just like NFL coaches can only imitate what they did before under other coaches because they are so limited in their knowledge.

55CrushEm 01-02-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3441337)
Please. Tebow has been under scrutiny and pressure since he was in high school. He didn't all of a sudden get soft and lose his confidence. And he seemed fine until 3 weeks ago. You need to come up with a better theory.

Ok....here's my theory.

Right after the last SI cover AND Elway's endorSeimiant......we went 0-3.

Jinxed.

gunns 01-02-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGruder (Post 3441924)
Yep... and I'm the same nutjob that said Tebow would make the Broncos better than Orton when everyone said that was impossible.

If Matt Flynn can outplay Rodgers wtf couldn't Tebow?

It's absolutely amazes me how blind people can be. Any QB would look greta with the weapons Rodgers has and the line protecting him he does. It;'s the same with Cam Newton in Carolina right now..

Tebow doesn't have the line GB does but I've seen them hold forever while Tebow is back there as indecisive as ever. At times I thought he was going to hold that ball and never let go. That isn't the line, the WR's, the playcalling. That's Tebow.

TailgateNut 01-02-2012 06:36 AM

TEBLOW SUCKS ------ That is all!

55CrushEm 01-02-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TailgateNut (Post 3441941)
TEBLOW SUCKS ------ That is all!

Oh, yay. The Superfan is back with his most intelligent sports anaylsis.

WHOOT!!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.