The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   5,000+ posts and 200+ pages later & Peyton Manning is a Bronco | Thanks for the fun in this thread. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103916)

03-07-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3505265)
That's just absurd logic. Tebow was on his 2nd year cam 1. The definition of a rookie is Zero experience at being a professional, regardless if youre sitting the bench or playing.

I'm more interested in practical comparisons vs NFL technical definitions. Tebow played 3 games last year under a different coach. Once given a new coach, he was subsequently locked out and completely unable to work with the new coach until late in the offseason, at which point another quarterback was chosen to work with our starting offense.

Rookie as a general term can be defined as a person with little experience. MLB for instance counts you as a rookie until you have a certain number of at bats. As an example, Derek Jeter debuted for the Yankees in 1995, but won Rookie of the Year in 1996. And yet the Drunkmeister cried no tears, nor were any calls of 'shenanigans' forthcoming.

R8R H8R 03-07-2012 03:19 PM

For those of you who keep insisting on the Mane that Bowlen is broke, might as well bow out of the "Broncos are interested in Manning" argument, because it is going to take a boatload of money to land him.

It would be a big contradiction to scream Bowlen is broke on one hand, and then actually believe that the Broncos have a serious interest in Manning. I know, you know, and certainly EFX knows, that Manning is not going to give his services away. The Skins will make sure of it. You can take that to the bank.

ayjackson 03-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan (Post 3505297)
Sneaky Sneaky Agents

Manning is repped by CAA. Wouldn't expect him to land anywhere with an in-place QB also repped by CAA. Includes SF, KC, JAX, DEN, OAK, BUF.
Evan Silva (@evansilva) March 7, 2012

Jacksonville could solve that problem, without agent interference....just sayin`.

Spider 03-07-2012 03:20 PM

lets get us some Manning ........ Tebow can play fullback

03-07-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3505324)
Not to argue semantics, or whatever.....but why would you inquire about a player's desire to play for you, unless you plan on signing him if he says "yes...."

Well, a team could inquire and see what kind of salary Manning is looking for.

Too high a price and they bow out.

A team that plans on going hard for Manning is one where money is unlikely to be an issue.

DBroncos4life 03-07-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3505325)
I'm more interested in practical comparisons vs NFL technical definitions. Tebow played 3 games last year under a different coach. Once given a new coach, he was subsequently locked out and completely unable to work with the new coach until late in the offseason, at which point another quarterback was chosen to work with our starting offense.

Rookie as a general term can be defined as a person with little experience. MLB for instance counts you as a rookie until you have a certain number of at bats. As an example, Derek Jeter debuted for the Yankees in 1995, but won Rookie of the Year in 1996. And yet the Drunkmeister cried no tears, nor were any calls of 'shenanigans' forthcoming.

In the MLB they hit a ball with a bat. That's why it is a DIFFERENT sport. In the NFL after their rookie year (which is they year they are drafted), they are no longer a rookie. If you need more proof of this then ask yourself why has no second year NFL player ever won the NFL rookie of the year. Hilarious!

boppool 03-07-2012 03:28 PM

Let's sign him for depth.

broncosteven 03-07-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boppool (Post 3505335)
Let's sign him for depth.

"To elevate the competition at the QB position" to quote mCd.

UberBroncoMan 03-07-2012 03:31 PM

#18 is retired...but 8 is good to go again!

jhns 03-07-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3505312)
are you really this stupid? Beavis and I were discussing the Bills game..he mentioned 75% completion rate during the 1st half of the game...i mentioned that is skewed since its only on 4 attempts and questioned why that is good...i used an EXAMPLE of going 3-3, or 20-20, which completion rate is better....then someone asked doesnt the win matter more than the rate, so i said sure, BUFFALO WON.....then you assumed 20-20 happened in the buffalo game....

So why didn't you just say yes when I asked if that is where the conversation got to complicated for you? It clearly is where you got lost. Your "Buffalo won" comment made no sense unless Buffalo went 20/20. The fact that you just went over it, and still don't get this, only proves how retarded you are.

03-07-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3505333)
In the MLB they hit a ball with a bat. That's why it is a DIFFERENT sport. In the NFL after their rookie year (which is they year they are drafted), they are no longer a rookie. If you need more proof of this then ask yourself why has no second year NFL player ever won the NFL rookie of the year. Hilarious!

Yup, and Aaron Rodgers smokes cock because in his 4th season he went 6-10 with a 13-3 team that went to OT in the Championship Game the year before.

Should've cut him.

You haven't really played until you've played.

03-07-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhns (Post 3505338)
So why didn't you just say yes when I asked if that is where the conversation got to complicated for you? It clearly is where you got lost. Your "Buffalo won" comment made no sense unless Buffalo went 20/20. The fact that you just went over it, and still don't get this, only proves how retarded you are.

jumping into a conversation where you clearly lacked the intelligence of the other 2 people may have more to do with this..

03-07-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan (Post 3505337)
#18 is retired...but 8 is good to go again!

The Broncos supposedly unretired Tripucka's #18 a few years ago.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...16&postcount=1

DBroncos4life 03-07-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3505339)
Yup, and Aaron Rodgers smokes cock because in his 4th season he went 6-10 with a 13-3 team that went to OT in the Championship Game the year before.

Should've cut him.

lol wut?

Garcia Bronco 03-07-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3505326)
For those of you who keep insisting on the Mane that Bowlen is broke, might as well bow out of the "Broncos are interested in Manning" argument, because it is going to take a boatload of money to land him.

It would be a big contradiction to scream Bowlen is broke on one hand, and then actually believe that the Broncos have a serious interest in Manning. I know, you know, and certainly EFX knows, that Manning is not going to give his services away. The Skins will make sure of it. You can take that to the bank.

Yep. And he perception is they want Tebow gone and KC has a boner for him. So drive up the price.

Garcia Bronco 03-07-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3505339)

Should've cut him.

Well said.

DBroncos4life 03-07-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3505348)
Well said.

How did anything he said have to do with Tebow being a rookie last year? No one claimed Rodgers was a ROOKIE in his 4th season. LOL

03-07-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3505326)

this is where the "how much does Manning want to win a SB" discussion lies....would he take less money for a team that has a chance, like Arizona or Seattle, or take more money and go to a team that is a complete disaster, like miami and washington, knowing a SB is out of reach....

Spider 03-07-2012 03:45 PM

manning haters are just gonna hate

Spider 03-07-2012 03:48 PM

I know whats going on here , Teboners wanted Tebow to be the next great qb in Denver , now that manning is available , that dream is in danger , so manning haters have to hate

Ratboy 03-07-2012 03:48 PM

1. Sign Peyton Manning
2. Trade Tim Tebow to Jacksonville
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

03-07-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3505349)
How did anything he said have to do with Tebow being a rookie last year? No one claimed Rodgers was a ROOKIE in his 4th season. LOL

No, but everyone still gave him the benefit of the doubt. Despite leading a very good team to a very lackluster result.

Because he was inexperienced. Might want to write that down.

03-07-2012 03:51 PM

Peyton Manning will make us a lock for the playoffs if he stays healthy, so I'd be down.

DarkHorse 03-07-2012 03:52 PM

Sign him, Finnegan, Landry, Irving to mlb, draft dt at 25 to play next to resigned bunkley and go win the next 2 superbowls.

03-07-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider (Post 3505354)
I know whats going on here , Teboners wanted Tebow to be the next great qb in Denver , now that manning is available , that dream is in danger , so manning haters have to hate

It's really got nothing to do with that for me. I hate this nonsense because it's never going to happen and is a giant waste of time for everybody involved.