The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112780)

Fear the Hawk 10-31-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 3957753)
She seems to be very happy with her (bad apple plan) and Obama promised if she's happy then she should be able to keep it.


Obama should have said “If the government doesn’t like your plan you can’t keep it”.

He could have said that but it would have been wrong. Everybody who has a substandard plan is free to keep it. They would have to pay a fine of course but if it's so important to them to have poor coverage they have that option.

Rohirrim 10-31-2013 05:13 PM

We have standards of coverage for car insurance. Why not for health insurance? The whole point is, we don't want to carry freeloaders. We can't afford it. Everybody has to pay in for at least a basic amount of coverage.

Once again, I would prefer universal, single payer, but it's the same, basic idea.

cutthemdown 10-31-2013 06:00 PM

The difference being you can choose not to drive.

Pony Boy 10-31-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 3957754)
He could have said that but it would have been wrong. Everybody who has a substandard plan is free to keep it. They would have to pay a fine of course but if it's so important to them to have poor coverage they have that option.

No, millions are getting cancellation letters, the plans they had are not available at the premiums they were paying.

Rohirrim 10-31-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3957782)
The difference being you can choose not to drive.

At which point, you don't have to carry car insurance. You can't choose not to get sick.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-31-2013 11:49 PM

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...71864212_n.jpg

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-31-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3957800)
At which point, you don't have to carry car insurance. You can't choose not to get sick.

Wromg. You can't choose not to live.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 11-01-2013 12:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...106NQMzI#t=791

This is what the Dems/libs want.

fankadeo 11-01-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3957880)

you have a staggering amount of free time

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 11-01-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fankadeo (Post 3957885)
you have a staggering amount of free time

Thanks for supporting my point. :)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 11-01-2013 09:25 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX_ba1lCAAE0A-G.jpg:large

Rohirrim 11-01-2013 09:38 AM

Wait a minute. Is that the liberal media making fun of Obama? Isn't that a violation of the Right Wing dogma?

Rohirrim 11-01-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3957878)
Wromg. You can't choose not to live.

Seriously. WTF?

cutthemdown 11-01-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3957800)
At which point, you don't have to carry car insurance. You can't choose not to get sick.

So what you are coming up with something people have to buy just because they are alive. It's like a life tax. If people want to pay cash for medical care they should be able to. If people don't want insurance to cover maternity, it shouldnt have to. You don't make standards you let the market decide. If there is a market for plans with no maternity then so be it. Ummmm you know single dudes maybe lol.

This plan is simple lets make young people who aren't sick pay 2000 bucks a yr or more to get insurance. Never mind 80% of them won't go to the doctor that yr. Genius.

Rohirrim 11-01-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3957963)
So what you are coming up with something people have to buy just because they are alive. It's like a life tax. If people want to pay cash for medical care they should be able to. If people don't want insurance to cover maternity, it shouldnt have to. You don't make standards you let the market decide. If there is a market for plans with no maternity then so be it. Ummmm you know single dudes maybe lol.

This plan is simple lets make young people who aren't sick pay 2000 bucks a yr or more to get insurance. Never mind 80% of them won't go to the doctor that yr. Genius.

Some of them will go to the ER. In fact, they'll have a higher rate of going to the ER because so many of them don't have fully developed pre-frontal cortices yet and they tend to take bigger risks and make stupider decisions. Genius.

Why do you think they pay higher rates for car insurance?

cutthemdown 11-01-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3957965)
Some of them will go to the ER. In fact, they'll have a higher rate of going to the ER because so many of them don't have fully developed pre-frontal cortices yet and they tend to take bigger risks and make stupider decisions. Genius.

Why do you think they pay higher rates for car insurance?

Some of them will go to ER so lets force all of them to pay for old peoples insurance. Genius.

cutthemdown 11-01-2013 10:28 AM

Also he has dems now passing new legislation to force govt to let people keep insurance they have right now. If those 2 million people or whatever are allowed to do that it will mean less money for Obamacare. He will end up losing so much of his so called revenue that the numbers touted at the CBO will become a joke in a decade. It will literally be 2-3 times more expensive they Obama said in the long run.

Pony Boy 11-01-2013 10:34 AM

The Obama administration said there were 4.7 million unique visits to the website during its first 24 hours.

But here's the not-so-funny part: Only six users were able to enroll, according to CBS News.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...ocuments-show/

SNL gets the number six right.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rtw1ERYapjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis 11-01-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3957965)
Some of them will go to the ER. In fact, they'll have a higher rate of going to the ER because so many of them don't have fully developed pre-frontal cortices yet and they tend to take bigger risks and make stupider decisions. Genius.

Why do you think they pay higher rates for car insurance?

Yeah, great argument. They should pay higher rates for car insurance because they're a greater risk.

And they should pay higher rates for health insurance because other people are a greater risk. LOL

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 11-01-2013 11:02 AM

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...17722682_n.jpg

cutthemdown 11-01-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 3957992)
The Obama administration said there were 4.7 million unique visits to the website during its first 24 hours.

But here's the not-so-funny part: Only six users were able to enroll, according to CBS News.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_16...ocuments-show/

SNL gets the number six right.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rtw1ERYapjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thats why they won't release official numbers. It's so pathetically low it's too humiliating to endure. They are hoping by mid nov they at least have a million or something lol. Legislation coming that extends the deadline for the penalty, you know what Obama could have given to avoid the whole shutdown. Siebulus got it right. The political climate of the dems to make repubs look bad made her unable to admit webpage wasn't ready and it needed a delay.

Mecklomaniac 11-01-2013 12:35 PM

I thought the left was supposed to be pro choice. With Obamacare the government limits our choices to only what Sebelius says we need. So in the wisdom of big government 65 year old Nuns have to purchase insurance for maternity care and meth rehab, and erectile dysfunction. This has nothing to do with controlling healthcare costs, just another big government power grab. Keep your laws off my body...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 11-01-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecklomaniac (Post 3958077)
I thought the left was supposed to be pro choice.

Yes! Free to choose from only our choices.

BroncoBeavis 11-01-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecklomaniac (Post 3958077)
I thought the left was supposed to be pro choice. With Obamacare the government limits our choices to only what Sebelius says we need. So in the wisdom of big government 65 year old Nuns have to purchase insurance for maternity care and meth rehab, and erectile dysfunction. This has nothing to do with controlling healthcare costs, just another big government power grab. Keep your laws off my body...

You hit the nail. The reality is the issue really was about control.

Everyone could've easily gotten on board with a free-market national exchange of insurance plans. The sticking point was whether it should be mandatory, and just as importantly, whether it put the Federal Government solely in charge of what an 'acceptable' Health Insurance policy had to look like.

But the "Smarter Government" result we got is (like you say), if Sister Mary doesn't have drug rehab coverage, her policy is "substandard" LOL

Rohirrim 11-01-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3957982)
Some of them will go to ER so lets force all of them to pay for old peoples insurance. Genius.

Don't try to get me into a spot where I'm defending Obamacare. Never did. Still don't. I'm talking about the general principles of insurance.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.