The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112780)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 04-19-2014 11:35 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SkzV5AIK8iM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

barryr 04-20-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 4094271)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SkzV5AIK8iM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL, they knew even back then and was before anybody got blacklisted in Hollywood for speaking the truth about democrats. But don't forget, they are for free speech. Just ask those in Nevada.

DenverBrit 04-20-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryr (Post 4094600)
LOL, they knew even back then and was before anybody got blacklisted in Hollywood for speaking the truth about democrats. But don't forget, they are for free speech. Just ask those in Nevada.

You've made this claim before and were challenged to link to a source. Still waiting.

TonyR 04-26-2014 10:14 AM

Obamacare hate can't be cured

Quote:

The irrelevance of evidence in the face of sacred causes explains the dogged denial of global warming, the deep belief that the Obama Administration was responsible for the killing of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens in Benghazi and that Obama is not a legitimate American. To go back farther, it explains the claims that FDR arranged for the attack on Pearl Harbor and gave much of the world away to Stalin at Yalta (an idea Joe Scarborough is still clinging to). Repealing Obamacare will eventually go the way of repealing the New Deal. But the opposition will never fade entirely away—and it may well be strong enough in this year’s elections to determine the outcome. It is something people are willing to sacrifice for and feel noble about. Creeds are not built up out of facts. They are what make people reject all evidence that guns are more the cause of crime than the cure for it. The best preservative for unreason is to make a religion of it.
http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog...cant-be-cured/

TonyR 04-26-2014 06:54 PM

Hey, Conservatives: Obama Is Trolling You on the ACA

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...gn=mostpopular

GreatBronco16 04-26-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 4098183)
Hey, Conservatives: Obama Is Trolling You on the ACA

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...gn=mostpopular

From the article.

"In one sense, Obama is quite obviously correct. Repealing the Affordable Care Act is no longer a viable political option. Too many people already count on it for insurance."

Well no ****. Too many that had perfectly fine insurance, lost their insurance because of the ACA and had to use 'Obamacare' to get their new insurance.

GreatBronco16 04-26-2014 07:34 PM

I'm soooooo freaking happy that I'm losing my 90% coverage, 2500 dollar yearly family deductible BCBS of Michigan, and in turn having to take a 'Medical Savings Plan' through my company which will have a 6500 dollar yearly family deductible. Hell I'll even have to pay full cost for my prescriptions instead of the 7 dollar copay for 99% of my medicine that I pay now.

Yeah thanks ACA.

Fear the Hawk 04-26-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 (Post 4098187)
I'm soooooo freaking happy that I'm losing my 90% coverage, 2500 dollar yearly family deductible BCBS of Michigan, and in turn having to take a 'Medical Savings Plan' through my company which will have a 6500 dollar yearly family deductible. Hell I'll even have to pay full cost for my prescriptions instead of the 7 dollar copay for 99% of my medicine that I pay now.

Yeah thanks ACA.

And how do you know that your employer isn't just using the ACA as an excuse?

baja 04-26-2014 08:48 PM

Does anyone have a good story about Obamacare?

GreatBronco16 04-26-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 4098194)
And how do you know that your employer isn't just using the ACA as an excuse?

Ahh, yes, that must be what it is.

Our Corp CEO and crew came down to have a little town hall meeting with us and went over this. They showed us the numbers of their cost for health insurance dating back for the past 10 years. Then they showed the increase they were going to be hit with starting FY 2015. The increase was way too much in their eyes to justify keeping that great insurance.

So instead, we get a sub quality crappy insurance that just does fall into compliance with the ACA.

Yay for the ACA.

GreatBronco16 04-26-2014 09:10 PM

Actually this new insurance will pay 90%-100% just like my current plan. I just have to pay everything out of pocket first to a much higher yearly deductible before it starts to pay for anything.

Isn't that wonderful.

Fear the Hawk 04-26-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 (Post 4098206)
Ahh, yes, that must be what it is.

Our Corp CEO and crew came down to have a little town hall meeting with us and went over this. They showed us the numbers of their cost for health insurance dating back for the past 10 years. Then they showed the increase they were going to be hit with starting FY 2015. The increase was way too much in their eyes to justify keeping that great insurance.

So instead, we get a sub quality crappy insurance that just does fall into compliance with the ACA.

Yay for the ACA.

So how did they explain the increase? Did they just say "Obamacare" and leave it at that?

And do you live in a "red" State?

cutthemdown 04-26-2014 10:39 PM

My family doctor not taking any Obamacare plans or new medicare. A lot of sad patients had to go elsewhere. Doesn't matter they signed people up the dems will get drubbed in the midterms.

GreatBronco16 04-26-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 4098226)
So how did they explain the increase? Did they just say "Obamacare" and leave it at that?

And do you live in a "red" State?

Yeah, that's all they said. ::)

My company Central office is located in Michigan which is where the insurance is like I said earlier. However I live and work here in Alabama which has nothing to do with it since this is company wide and includes many states.

But yeah, I guess it's a 'red state' thing.

Fear the Hawk 04-27-2014 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 (Post 4098257)
Yeah, that's all they said. ::)

My company Central office is located in Michigan which is where the insurance is like I said earlier. However I live and work here in Alabama which has nothing to do with it since this is company wide and includes many states.

But yeah, I guess it's a 'red state' thing.

OK so what was the explanation?

barryr 04-27-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 (Post 4098208)
Actually this new insurance will pay 90%-100% just like my current plan. I just have to pay everything out of pocket first to a much higher yearly deductible before it starts to pay for anything.

Isn't that wonderful.

But the Obama loyalists don't believe higher deductibles are happening to people until I guess it happens to them. Obama wouldn't lie to them, oh no. Or you must be one of those wealthy evil capitalists who deserves it, especially if you don't donate any money to democrats.

TonyR 04-27-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4098203)
Does anyone have a good story about Obamacare?

Several here: http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/threa...acare/#readers

Fear the Hawk 04-27-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryr (Post 4098330)
But the Obama loyalists don't believe higher deductibles are happening to people until I guess it happens to them. Obama wouldn't lie to them, oh no. Or you must be one of those wealthy evil capitalists who deserves it, especially if you don't donate any money to democrats.

I wouldn't consider myself an "Obama loyalist." But I think you'd have to be pretty naive not to suspect that many employers are cutting costs and using Obamacare as a convenient scapegoat.

baja 04-27-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 4098403)
I wouldn't consider myself an "Obama loyalist." But I think you'd have to be pretty naive not to suspect that many employers are cutting costs and using Obamacare as a convenient scapegoat.

How?

Fear the Hawk 04-27-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4098404)
How?

They go out and enroll their companies in cheaper plans, pocket the savings, and tell their employees it's all Obamacare's fault. Duh.

ant1999e 04-27-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 4098299)
OK so what was the explanation?

Harry Reid says he's a liar.

baja 04-27-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 4098405)
They go out and enroll their companies in cheaper plans, pocket the savings, and tell their employees it's all Obamacare's fault. Duh.

But Obama said if you like your coverage you can keep your coverage.

Fear the Hawk 04-27-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4098408)

What Obama said or didn't say has nothing to do with companies using Obamacare as an excuse to cut costs and pass the blame.

barryr 04-27-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 4098408)

No question he lied or using his lawyerism type logic "I didn't say will keep." He knew what the insurance companies would do since he had countless meetings with them and they loved this bill. But for most liberals, they can't add or are too scared to try.

Fear the Hawk 04-27-2014 12:38 PM

Here's a story that nicely illustrates my point:

Quote:

It turns out the ACA did shake up the market for small group insurance. Anthem, our current provider, eliminated their low deductible plans for small businesses. The closest similar plan through them called for a 300% increase in deductibles. This came at an 8% savings to our company over the previous year. However, I didn’t think this savings at the expense the employees would do much for morale.

After viewing a large number of options, we decided to go with Blue Shield, which has a zero deductible plan with better coverage than our previous plan. The cost of the new plan is about 9% more than we were paying in the previous year. This increase was acceptable to me and is less than our insurance costs had increased in previous years for lower coverage.

I am happy with paying a little bit more for our new insurance. Our employees are happy to be paying a bit less. It is true, as the Republicans warned, that we didn’t have the opportunity to keep our previous insurance. But being forced to look at different vendors allowed us to buy something that was of better value. Overall, I think the ACA has been a net positive for this small business.
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/threa...acare/#readers

I'm sure there are many other employers who go for the cheaper plan instead and tell their employees "Obamacare!"