The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tebow (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118471)

MABroncoFan 03-08-2015 12:51 PM

Tebow

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...jdP/story.html

ColoradoDarin 03-08-2015 03:43 PM

I have no doubt that Tebow would shine, but I would also think he reverts to his old motion in game

Bronkota 03-08-2015 03:50 PM

House told us on Friday that he isnít sure if Tebow will be attending the combine, but ďhe went from being a little inaccurate and didnít throw a whole lot of spirals, to throwing very accurate and real good at spinning the ball.Ē

Sounds like he has the needed skills to be back in the NFL.

Wes Mantooth 03-08-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronkota (Post 4345003)
House told us on Friday that he isnít sure if Tebow will be attending the combine, but ďhe went from being a little inaccurate and didnít throw a whole lot of spirals, to throwing very accurate and real good at spinning the ball.Ē

Sounds like he has the needed skills to be back in the NFL.

Only now if he could read defenses, call audibles and look past his first receiver he may be a real contender for a backup job.

Agamemnon 03-08-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth (Post 4345025)
Only now if he could read defenses, call audibles and look past his first receiver he may be a real contender for a backup job.

He has to be starter quality for teams to want him due to the media craze. I mean look at the backups on many teams and tell me with a straight face that they give their teams a better chance to win games. Teams just don't want to deal with the media circus for a backup.

Wes Mantooth 03-08-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 4345029)
He has to be starter quality for teams to want him due to the media craze. I mean look at the backups on many teams and tell me with a straight face that they give their teams a better chance to win games. Teams just don't want to deal with the media circus for a backup.

Actually, the problem is simply his inability to adjust to the pro game

Agamemnon 03-08-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth (Post 4345038)
Actually, the problem is simply his inability to adjust to the pro game

No that's really not it. There have even been reports that team FO's just don't want to deal with the headache for a backup.

Bronkota 03-08-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 4345040)
No that's really not it. There have even been reports that team FO's just don't want to deal with the headache for a backup.

A team gives two shi** about the media. The way coaches and front offices are fired anymore if a team thought in any way that Tebow could help them win he would be playing.

Br0nc0Buster 03-08-2015 04:33 PM

Andy Reid gave Mike Vick 100 million after he murdered a bunch of dogs

As said above if the guy could play he would be on a roster somewhere

He can't though, thus him being out of the sport for 2 years

He needs to give it up though
Its not like he needs the money or anything

Enter The Dragon 03-08-2015 04:42 PM

Should have kept him on the roster as a backup.

BroncofanDK 03-08-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Exactly!

Tebow's problems are not on the field, but in his special following where a huge amount of the people that love him and that hate him with a vengeance, do so for his religious antics. Most of us - if we wanted to have religion rubbed in our faces, would go to church.

The religious nut cases and the hater trolls that come in every thread crates a bizarre situation. People with a football only agenda are out numbered in the extreme.

I would hope Tebow takes and gets a chance, though I think he has been an idiot for not going to the AFL or CFL to hone his dynamic play skills. Tebow did a lot of things exceptionally well and a lot of things poorly. He was also hampered by the Fox regime.

What he did in 2010 and 2011 was substantially better than most of the bottom feeder QB's in the league today, but without him playing there is no way to find out how capable he is at negating his weaknesses.

This is going to be a thread where some think that completion percentage is the only relevant measure - turnovers, red zone efficiency, impact in running game, pulling cover away from receivers, 4q combacks, improving win rates over Orton's Broncos by 450% (last 16 each played) are all irrelevant to haters.

oubronco 03-08-2015 04:54 PM

LOL

ProFootballTalk<S>@</S>ProFootballTalk<SMALL class=time>2m2 minutes ago</SMALL>
If Tim Tebow wants to play in the NFL, he should play in the CFL. But he probably knows he wouldn't make it in the CFL.

Br0nc0Buster 03-08-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncofanDK (Post 4345066)

Tebow's problems are not on the field

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/467...laughter-o.gif

Bronkota 03-08-2015 04:58 PM

Not buying media and player followings as the reason Tebow is not playing. The Rams drafted Michael Sam hoping he could help them get wins. He obviously couldn't.

Agamemnon 03-08-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronkota (Post 4345043)
A team gives two shi** about the media.

I stopped reading after reading this. You are clueless.

HILife 03-08-2015 05:32 PM

I wish Tebow the best. I hope he's successful.

Jay3 03-08-2015 06:28 PM

The Jets had the right idea, just a poor setting and execution.

His best value right now is #3 on a team with a secure starter, working on his game, and contributing something else in the form of goal line offense or 2 point conversion offense.

For most teams that carry a #3, it's a dead roster spot but Tebow could give you a little something out of that spot and also hold down the #3.

baja 03-08-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster (Post 4345050)
Andy Reid gave Mike Vick 100 million after he murdered a bunch of dogs

As said above if the guy could play he would be on a roster somewhere

He can't though, thus him being out of the sport for 2 years

He needs to give it up though
Its not like he needs the money or anything

If he follows the tract of players that went ahead of him he should be almost broke by now.

broncosteven 03-08-2015 07:32 PM

Tebow would actually make a decent backup for a team with a run 1st QB like kFc or Seathugs. Just having a backup who can run some run option plays for a mill or 2 a year would be good insurance. Sadly for Tim he would become a distraction and divide a locker room which is probably why he hasn't been picked up before. Plus he was slowing down and teams knew how to limit his effectiveness running the ball.

Bronkota 03-08-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HILife (Post 4345122)
I wish Tebow the best. I hope he's successful.

I know he will be. Tebow was a winner in the NFL and nobody needs too feel sorry for him because he will be a winner in anything he does..

Zealot 03-08-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncofanDK (Post 4345066)
What he did in 2010 and 2011 was substantially better than most of the bottom feeder QB's in the league today, but without him playing there is no way to find out how capable he is at negating his weaknesses.

This is going to be a thread where some think that completion percentage is the only relevant measure - turnovers, red zone efficiency, impact in running game, pulling cover away from receivers, 4q combacks, improving win rates over Orton's Broncos by 450% (last 16 each played) are all irrelevant to haters.

Hilarious! We know DK isnt a Bronco fan... instead a cheerleader, refusing to see fault with anyone who wears the orange and blue. Sad

errand 03-08-2015 10:49 PM

Every year it's the same story.....Tebow is working hard to be a good NFL QB.

And then every year his passes end up having a mind of their own

Tombstone RJ 03-08-2015 10:55 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. TT is not going to morph into some kind of passing QB just because he's taken a few years off of football. For every other player on the planet, it's just the opposite, that is, you get better by, yah know, practicing and playing.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 03-09-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

You just hate Christians.

24champ 03-09-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 4345338)
I'll believe it when I see it. TT is not going to morph into some kind of passing QB just because he's taken a few years off of football. For every other player on the planet, it's just the opposite, that is, you get better by, yah know, practicing and playing.

Kurt Warner got better by bagging groceries prior to being picked up by the Rams.