The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Off Topics Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   CDs in your player now (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9773)

alkemical 07-03-2004 10:19 PM

blast from the past review -

mazzy star - so that tonight i may see -

****'s

Evenrude 07-14-2004 04:41 PM

Jimmy Buffett's new album - License to Chill (Yeah I know it's a cheesy take on the old Beastie Boys title). I'm a little disappointed with his recent country sellout, and part of this album continues that pattern, but with all Buffett albums there is still enough great material to make it worth while. Some tracks that stick out: Coast of Carolina - classic mellow Buffett tune, great with a hammock and a little salt and lime. Playin' the Loser Again - Duet with Bill Withers (Lean on Me). Coastal Confessions - Very catchy like vintage Buffett. The best song on the Album IMO is his remake of the Deads' Scarlet Begonias- freakin' awesome.

Hogan11 07-14-2004 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evenrude
Jimmy Buffett's new album - License to Chill (Yeah I know it's a cheesy take on the old Beastie Boys title). I'm a little disappointed with his recent country sellout, and part of this album continues that pattern, but with all Buffett albums there is still enough great material to make it worth while. Some tracks that stick out: Coast of Carolina - classic mellow Buffett tune, great with a hammock and a little salt and lime. Playin' the Loser Again - Duet with Bill Withers (Lean on Me). Coastal Confessions - Very catchy like vintage Buffett. The best song on the Album IMO is his remake of the Deads' Scarlet Begonias- freakin' awesome.

The country thing bothered me as well....Its "5 O'Clock Somewhere" is nearly ruined by that remake IMO.

I'd still love to see Buffett though...especially in a beach enviroment...I think it would be a lotta fun to take in his music in the proper setting like that. Buffett, beach, booze, babes...it just wouldn't get any better than that :alky: :thumbsup:

As to what I'm listening to now...it's CD's by The Gun Club and Yo La Tengo...I'd list them, but nobody would know what they were anyway, so I won't bother.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 07-15-2004 03:20 AM

  • Tribal Tech--Live in Germany '96
  • Mike Miller--Live at The Baked Potato, L.A.
  • Miles Davis--Live Evil
  • Frank Zappa--Baby Snakes
  • Chick Corea Elektric Band--To the Stars
  • The Rolling Stones--Exile on Main Street
  • Humble Pie--Performance: Rockin' the Fillmore

FADERPROOF 07-15-2004 05:18 AM

My own bands demo has been in my CD player a lot lately :)

Northman 07-15-2004 01:20 PM

Styx- Come Sail Away Anthology
The Haunted- One Kill Wonder
Susperia- Unlimited
Kult ov Azazel- Triumph of Fire

Hogan11 07-15-2004 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis_Zyklon
Styx- Come Sail Away Anthology
The Haunted- One Kill Wonder
Susperia- Unlimited
Kult ov Azazel- Triumph of Fire

Man, Styx seems awfully out of place on that list for some reason..

Northman 07-15-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogan11
Man, Styx seems awfully out of place on that list for some reason..


lol, yea they are but i like a lot of classic rock as well as that was some of the early stuff i was listening too. just wait until the day when i throw in Ratt and Dokken in the list. ;D

Hogan11 07-15-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis_Zyklon
lol, yea they are but i like a lot of classic rock as well as that was some of the early stuff i was listening too. just wait until the day when i throw in Ratt and Dokken in the list. ;D

....at least Ratt and Dokken won't shatter all the glass in the house when the vocal harmonies come on at high volume like Styx will Ha!

Northman 07-15-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogan11
....at least Ratt and Dokken won't shatter all the glass in the house when the vocal harmonies come on at high volume like Styx will Ha!


good point. :)

Hogan11 07-19-2004 02:02 PM

Got my (advanced??) copy of The Hives new CD today Tyrannosaurus Hives....it's great, I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Maximus 08-05-2004 12:31 PM

The Tipping Point - The Roots. If you don't have this one You better go out and get it!

alkemical 08-10-2004 03:32 PM

also prince's musicology

TheManeMan 08-10-2004 04:50 PM

Pegboy - Stong Reaction / Three-Chord Monte

http://art.towerrecords.com/coverart...68&X=178&Y=178

DB-Freak 08-10-2004 11:38 PM

So many cds in my car right now.

Cowboys from Hell- Pantera
James Brown- 20 all time greatest hits
Barry White- All time greatest hits
NIN- Pretty Hate Machine
Beck- Sea Change
Marvin Gaye- A mix
Ice-T- Power

Mr 08-11-2004 09:29 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ad74/crass.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...eExploited.jpg

-Slap- 08-11-2004 09:55 PM

I've recently rediscovered Alison Moyet's first solo album, Alf. What a set of pipes on that girl.

freak6 08-12-2004 09:52 AM

Young Buck- Cashville
Roots-Tipping Point
and of course

The Beastie Boys!!!!!!

Hogan11 08-12-2004 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Slap-
I've recently rediscovered Alison Moyet's first solo album, Alf. What a set of pipes on that girl.

Were you ever into Yaz then Slap??

ENDelt260 08-12-2004 04:36 PM

Kutt Calhoun - B.L.E.V.E.

-Slap- 08-12-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hogan11
Were you ever into Yaz then Slap??

Musically, techno dance pop isn't at the top of my list, but I love Alison Moyet so much as a singer and songwriter that I have most of the Yaz stuff, too.

Mr 08-13-2004 07:36 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...adkennedys.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...BlackFlag2.jpg

Hogan11 08-13-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Slap-
Musically, techno dance pop isn't at the top of my list, but I love Alison Moyet so much as a singer and songwriter that I have most of the Yaz stuff, too.

That's cool....I was never into Yaz or much techno either but I more than understand about being in love with a voice and songwriting ability.

I feel that way about Sarah McLachlan....her voice just melts my heart like butter and she's got very strong material as well. Michelle Branch is another pop singer/songwriter who I feel is vastly underrated that has a voice that just kills me.

alkemical 08-13-2004 02:23 PM

i have a pet project of mine, a bad punk band me and my friends do for house parties... kym... kill your mom...

we have songs like... go **** yourself (the cheney song).... my gods beat up your god... real hippy chicks put out... drinkin' smokin' spitting chaw..

toby kieth's america & go home commie bastards.


my america is my fav

Ratboy 08-13-2004 03:45 PM

Ive been listening to..


Dashboard Confessional
Death Cab For Cutie.
The Get up Kids
Jets to Brazil
Pedro The Lion
The Postal Service
The Used


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.