The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Around The NFL: (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=73199)

Kaylore 07-26-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shananahan (Post 3226401)
Got it, thanks. I'm paying attention to billion different tabs at once right now.

That sounds like a great plan, though.

The new rules require the teams spend at least 90% of their cap. I fairly certain if they are even at the low end of that number, Carson un-retiring would push them over the top, or at least very close to it.

Boom.

SouthStndJunkie 07-26-2011 01:52 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-seahawks/

Reports: Tarvaris Jackson will sign with the Seahawks

Bob's your Information Minister 07-26-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmelo15 (Post 3226428)
Sounds like McGahee is our backup plan to DeAngelo. Either way we will have upgraded our RB position

McGahee is a bum.

SouthStndJunkie 07-26-2011 01:54 PM

I wonder if Pete Carroll knows WTF he is doing?

That team seems like it has no direction or plan.

LRtagger 07-26-2011 01:54 PM

LOL Pete Carroll

Drunk Monkey 07-26-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3226465)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-seahawks/

Reports: Tarvaris Jackson will sign with the Seahawks

If they think he is going to replace Hasselbeck they are crazy. Jackson sucks ass, what the hell is Carroll doing? Poor Seattle, they basically have nothing to cheer for now. Good thing there is a lot of self medicating going on up there.

SouthStndJunkie 07-26-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3226482)
Yet it had insta-results.

I don't doubt he can coach football, but if you don't have a plan, coaching only goes so far.

At one point Josh McDaniels gave us insta-results for about half a year.

Let's not pretend like Seattle was 12-4 last year.

They were 7-9 and won a playoff game.

oubronco 07-26-2011 02:02 PM

Cowboys cost for Roy Williams in 2008: 1st, 3rd, 6th round picks and $20 million guaranteed. Now he's released: Treasure to Trash.

broncosteven 07-26-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3226469)
I wonder if Pete Carroll knows WTF he is doing?

That team seems like it has no direction or plan.

He needs to sign Aaron Francisco

oubronco 07-26-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3226469)
I wonder if Pete Carroll knows WTF he is doing?

That team seems like it has no direction or plan.

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Needing arms for start of camp, Seahawks signed two undrafted free agent QBs, Nebraska's Zach Lee and California (PA.'s) Josh Portis.

SouthStndJunkie 07-26-2011 02:03 PM

I'm not a Pete Carroll hater either, I hope he does well with Seattle....I simply don't see a plan right now.

Beantown Bronco 07-26-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie (Post 3226498)
I'm not a Pete Carroll hater either, I hope he does well with Seattle....I simply don't see a plan right now.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CWILhrSzw5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven 07-26-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3226507)
I think the "plan" is a reaction to the dearth of options.

We can talk about Kolb and Orton and Palmer and Bulger and... well, how much of a **** are they really worth?

Why not collect some talent, hit camp with an open competition and see if Jackson or Whitehurst or the next acquisition can throw a football.

And if that doesn't work Pete can go do Beer Bongs with Mat Leinhart.

oubronco 07-26-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3226507)
I think the "plan" is a reaction to the dearth of options.

We can talk about Kolb and Orton and Palmer and Bulger and... well, how much of a **** are they really worth?

Why not collect some talent, hit camp with an open competition and see if Jackson or Whitehurst or the next acquisition can throw a football.

At this point that seems to be the direction

Carmelo15 07-26-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister (Post 3226466)
McGahee is a bum.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kyVtmOiRSeI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Too Soon?

oubronco 07-26-2011 02:14 PM

Where's the Deangelo Williams vid?

Carmelo15 07-26-2011 02:27 PM

Jason La Confora:

The Seahawks have agreed to terms with Tarvaris Jackson, who played under offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell in Minnesota. Seattle also is expected to sign Matt Leinart, coach Pete Carroll‘s former QB at USC, to join Charlie Whitehurst on the roster.

Vikings WR Sidney Rice remains a prime free-agent target, according to the source.

oubronco 07-26-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmelo15 (Post 3226552)
Jason La Confora:

The Seahawks have agreed to terms with Tarvaris Jackson, who played under offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell in Minnesota. Seattle also is expected to sign Matt Leinart, coach Pete Carroll‘s former QB at USC, to join Charlie Whitehurst on the roster.

Vikings WR Sidney Rice remains a prime free-agent target, according to the source.

I had a feeling Lionheart might end up with Carrol

Gcver2ver3 07-26-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oubronco (Post 3226530)
Where's the Deangelo Williams vid?


<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cHS13eE41XM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

only 123yds and 3 TDs...

score was close though, Carolina eeked it out 34-0...

Carmelo15 07-26-2011 02:34 PM

@NFLTE82
Joel Gamble

Talked with Carolina Panthers, and Denver Broncos today speaking with other teams Tom i know il end up where GOD wants me !!!
14 minutes ago via web

Carmelo15 07-26-2011 02:48 PM

Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be a sought-after free agent, but he won’t be going anywhere.

A league source tells PFT that the Panthers and Johnson have agreed on a deal that will keep Johnson in Carolina.

The Panthers’ front office and Johnson’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have worked out a six-year, $76 million deal with $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus.

The 25-year-old Johnson started all 16 games for the Panthers last season and recorded 11.5 sacks.

broncosteven 07-26-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmelo15 (Post 3226567)
@NFLTE82
Joel Gamble

Talked with Carolina Panthers, and Denver Broncos today speaking with other teams Tom i know il end up where GOD wants me !!!
14 minutes ago via web

Here is the rest of his tweet:

Except if it is with the Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz, I can't go back there ever again they actually made you play in a yard with these mean dogs chasing us around while we were playing.

oubronco 07-26-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmelo15 (Post 3226593)
Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson was expected to be a sought-after free agent, but he won’t be going anywhere.

A league source tells PFT that the Panthers and Johnson have agreed on a deal that will keep Johnson in Carolina.

The Panthers’ front office and Johnson’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have worked out a six-year, $76 million deal with $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus.

The 25-year-old Johnson started all 16 games for the Panthers last season and recorded 11.5 sacks.

Damn it!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.