The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Horses Butt (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   If anyone can ruin Chubb it's VJ (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130452)

TheLegendReturns 05-22-2018 08:37 AM

If anyone can ruin Chubb it's VJ

What freaking planet is this idiot living on and who is giving him the go ahead to make decisions like this?

“The plan there is we’re going to have the three-down guys and our ‘Will’ backer in [Defensive Line Coach Bill] Kollar’s room,” Coach Joseph said back in March. “We’re going to have our ‘Sam’, ‘Mike’ and ‘Mo’ be with [Linebackers Coach] Reggie Herring. [Assistant Defensive Line Coach] Chris Beake is going to be our go-between between our outside backers and our front-four rushers, basically, as far as the scheme. We didn’t replace Coach ‘Pug’ (Outside Linebacker Coach Fred Pagac), but we adjusted our coaching rooms to basically put the ‘Will’ backer with Coach Kollar and keep the ‘Sam’, ‘Mike’ and ‘Mo’ with Coach Herring.”

Translation: Von Miller (Denver’s 'Will' LB) will join the down linemen in D-line Coach Bill Kollar’s room. Shane Ray and Shaquil Barrett — outside linebackers — will be in the same room as Brandon Marshall and Todd Davis — the off-ball linebackers — with Reggie Herring. In what football world it makes sense to split up your edge rushers into different coaching groups I'll never know.

After the Draft, Coach Joseph was point-blank asked what position Bradley Chubb will play and which coach he’ll be under.

“He’s going to be in the outside linebackers room,” Joseph said. “That’s obviously right now being split between [LB Coach] Reggie [Herring] and [DL Coach] Bill [Kollar]. He’s a SAM backer at the moment.”

Clear as mud. So, is Chubb going to be coached by Kollar? Or Herring? Alas, Joseph’s answer deprives us of clarity on the issue.

If the Broncos are going to remain committed to this unique approach to coaching the outside linebackers, there is one thing that should be prioritized above all others. Whichever room Von Miller is in, that’s where Bradley Chubb should be.

It would be a grievous football sin to part Chubb from Miller. And on paper, it would seem that based on Coach Joseph’s current plan, it’s a possibility.

If only the ‘Will’ linebacker will be with Bill Kollar, that’s Von Miller alone. However, Bradley Chubb projects as Denver’s other starting edge defender opposite of Miller, which would make him the ‘Sam’ or strongside linebacker, as Joseph opined.

If the Broncos don’t approach this issue carefully, it could seriously hamper the development of the No. 5 overall pick. Von Miller was an enormously talented and productive player from the moment he entered the league in 2011.

But when Denver paired the young upstart with the veteran DeMarcus Ware in 2014, it helped elevate the former No. 2 overall pick, catapulting him to the level we saw Miller playing at in 2015 when he dominated the playoffs and almost single-handedly delivered the team’s third Lombardi Trophy in Super Bowl 50."

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...east-117917024

TNF 05-22-2018 08:53 AM

The only person on earth less competent than VJ is Donald Trump.

Drunken.Broncoholic2 05-22-2018 08:54 AM

I’ve been saying this since the day they announced this.

VJ is a complete idiot. This goes for OL coaching approach too.

Von and Chubb won’t even be coached by the same coach. It’s complicated and it’s a horrible approach.

orange crusher 05-22-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNF (Post 5259440)

How do politics always work their way into these discussions?

Paladin 05-22-2018 08:59 AM

I think this is BS.

Irish Stout 05-22-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange crusher (Post 5259445)

Maybe he thought the current year was 2015 and that his statement was therefore not political?

Irish Stout 05-22-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin (Post 5259448)
I think this is BS.

VJ's plan or that this actually is VJ's plan?

Either way, its dumb.

Bronc62 05-22-2018 09:16 AM

I see VJ has shared golf tips with Chubb

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don't worry, it was just a warmup.<br><br>Right, <a href="https://twitter.com/astronaut?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@astronaut</a>? 😂 <a href="https://t.co/BZP6GD0JTX">pic.twitter.com/BZP6GD0JTX</a></p>&mdash; Denver Broncos (@Broncos) <a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/998644718824144896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NFLBRONCO 05-22-2018 09:17 AM

With Case and Chubb no excuses for VJ or Woods in 18.

Vegas_Bronco 05-22-2018 09:18 AM

You have team sessions, defensive team sessions, and then group sessions...you realize how much these guys are together and spend about 1/5 of the time apart. Then there is the practice field where if it ain't working, it's going to be corrected.

The real variable is VJ...is he going to do a better job of developing young skill sets regardless of where each player sits.

Regrettably, this guy has to prove he belongs which I agree with in your post.

2KBack 05-22-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 (Post 5259441)
I’ve been saying this since the day they announced this.

VJ is a complete idiot. This goes for OL coaching approach too.

Von and Chubb won’t even be coached by the same coach. It’s complicated and it’s a horrible approach.

It's not that crazy. The Texans employ different coaches for inside and outside linebackers and the defensive line. Guys who play in multiple positions will work with multiple coaches. Some teams have different coaches for Cornerbacks and Safties, some don't.

We'll obviously have to see if a similar approach offensively makes a positive or negative difference.

champhalloffamer 05-22-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange crusher (Post 5259445)

Because the most visible and important man on the planet is an incompetent clown

errand 05-22-2018 09:39 AM

Amazed at all the members of a message board that can’t even coach peewee football but think they’re the next Bill Belichick

errand 05-22-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champhalloffamer (Post 5259481)
Because the most visible and important man on the planet is an incompetent clown

Still your president 😂😂😂😂

orange skier 05-22-2018 10:06 AM

I’m relaxed......

VJ will be gone by the break.......

cmhargrove 05-22-2018 10:14 AM

Man, this place is full of pessimism and doom lately. I'm actually pretty excited about Chubb, and don't feel like "bad coaching" is going to hamper him. Daily competition on the field will help him learn from Von so I don't see much of an issue.

*WARHORSE* 05-22-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

haha

Love Trump.

First president doing what he told the American people he was going to do.

Done more in a short time to benefit the country than Obama did his whole 8 years.

Trump is aweome.

Bombastic at times.....but awesome.

He's xposing the corruption in the swamp and helping the people while hes doing it.

Love Trump.

Carry on.......

*WARHORSE* 05-22-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmhargrove (Post 5259497)
Man, this place is full of pessimism and doom lately. I'm actually pretty excited about Chubb, and don't feel like "bad coaching" is going to hamper him. Daily competition on the field will help him learn from Von so I don't see much of an issue.

You gotta admit though........when you're coach gives the same answers to all problems week in and week out....."We have to play better"........it doesn't invoke a sense of hope. :yayaya:

Rohirrim 05-22-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *WARHORSE* (Post 5259500)
haha

Love Trump.

First president doing what he told the American people he was going to do.

Done more in a short time to benefit the country than Obama did his whole 8 years.

Trump is aweome.

Bombastic at times.....but awesome.

He's xposing the corruption in the swamp and helping the people while hes doing it.

Love Trump.

Carry on.......

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/...360196138K.gif

dsmoot 05-22-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

You missed one. Hilary.

Archer81 05-22-2018 10:35 AM

This thread is a few more political statements away from the WRP.

Tread carefully.

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang 05-22-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 5259503)

This is why we can’t have nice things. People actually believe that

SonOfLe-loLang 05-22-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archer81 (Post 5259506)
This thread is a few more political statements away from the WRP.

Tread carefully.

:Broncos:

Just put it there now, there’s no stopping it

Rohirrim 05-22-2018 10:39 AM

"Push forward!"

Agamemnon 05-22-2018 10:46 AM

Kollar’s the better coach, so I think Chubb being with him might actually be better. At the same time the approach they are using with their OLB’s makes no ****ing sense.