The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Do guns save lives? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110554)

03-27-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3821733)
Didn't you hear Brit? Nyuk is more American than you because her ancestors fought in the revolutionary war and colonized Ohio. Everyone else is worthless but her.

Of course I'm far more American than he is. I had an ancestor in the New Jersey Line of the Continental Army during the Revoltionary War, in specific. Others, I'm not sure where they fought.

Did I say everyone else was worthless? No - but you have a bone to pick so you'll put that in there as a way of taking a juvenile cheap shot at me.

I understand - the post-pubescent male ego is a fragile thing and it cannot handle any type of challenge.

03-27-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3821766)
Yep, it's called activism. It's one of the most sincere forms of patriotism. You just don't agree with his premise. People do have a right to be critical of the US, even those who did more to become a citizen than just be lucky enough to be born here.

I think its pretty pathetic when people come here and specifically want to establish here the same legal climate of the country they just abandoned.

If your previous nest was so fouled that you abandoned it, why drag the same types of policy that fouled that nest over here? The UK IS a fouled nest, no doubt about it.

Of course the same can be said for all the California hippies that moved to Colorado also, they seem intent on instilling the same political climate that has turned CA into a festering toilet. Some people just cannot make a connection and learn something from it.

03-27-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3821777)
What could be more American than voting with one's feet and succeeding.

Only a bitter Communist Harpy could possibly resent that.

At least you admit you voted with your feet. The UK does indeed suck dog ass.

:thumbs:

Fedaykin 03-27-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822050)
I already answered - it doesn't mean modern liberal notions of gun control. I've actually pasted quotes from the Founders and others that put that term in context.

I didn't ask you if you knew what it doesn't mean -- I asked you if you know what is DOES mean. Your founding fathers quotes do not expand upon what 'regulated' means.

So one last time vapid one: do you know what 'well regulated' means in the context of the 2nd amendment?

Fedaykin 03-27-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822052)
Of course I'm far more American than he is. I had an ancestor in the New Jersey Line of the Continental Army during the Revoltionary War, in specific. Others, I'm not sure where they fought.

Did I say everyone else was worthless? No - but you have a bone to pick so you'll put that in there as a way of taking a juvenile cheap shot at me.

I understand - the post-pubescent male ego is a fragile thing and it cannot handle any type of challenge.

So because you, quite by accident, popped out of a vagina that happened to be in America, that makes you a superior American than someone who makes a conscious decision to become one?

In other words, you believe heredity is superior to choice and self determination. In other words, you don't understand one of the core concepts of our great nation, which cast off the chains of hereditary monarchs in favor of democratically elected leadership.

houghtam 03-27-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822055)
I think its pretty pathetic when people come here and specifically want to establish here the same legal climate of the country they just abandoned.

If your previous nest was so fouled that you abandoned it, why drag the same types of policy that fouled that nest over here? The UK IS a fouled nest, no doubt about it.

Of course the same can be said for all the California hippies that moved to Colorado also, they seem intent on instilling the same political climate that has turned CA into a festering toilet. Some people just cannot make a connection and learn something from it.

You can think whatever you want. You've demonstrated that quite well with the Play-Doh Poop Factory of bull**** that flies out of your mouth on a daily basis.

This does not change the fact that he's a US citizen and is afforded the same rights as you are, again despite you never having done anything to earn it other than be lucky enough to be born here. There is nothing in the Constitution that lessens a citizen's rights because of where they came from or why. For someone who claims to respect the Constitution as much as you do, you're sure critical of other people's usage of that same Constitution.

But you don't respect the Constitution. You're an opportunist. You only respect the opportunity it provides you, not the document, nor the beiliefs behind it.

In other words, you're a piece of ****, and any ancestor of yours that died defending the nation would be ashamed of the mockery you've made out of their sacrifice.

03-27-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedaykin (Post 3822057)
I didn't ask you if you knew what it doesn't mean -- I asked you if you know what is DOES mean. Your founding fathers quotes do not expand upon what 'regulated' means.

So one last time vapid one: do you know what 'well regulated' means in the context of the 2nd amendment?

It's a reference to adequate mastery of one's weapon. There is ample reference to that end.

I think the issue of what is meant by "the militia" is more important. That can be found here.

03-27-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3822063)
You can think whatever you want. You've demonstrated that quite well with the Play-Doh Poop Factory of bull**** that flies out of your mouth on a daily basis.

This does not change the fact that he's a US citizen and is afforded the same rights as you are, again despite you never having done anything to earn it other than be lucky enough to be born here. There is nothing in the Constitution that lessens a citizen's rights because of where they came from or why. For someone who claims to respect the Constitution as much as you do, you're sure critical of other people's usage of that same Constitution.

But you don't respect the Constitution. You're an opportunist. You only respect the opportunity it provides you, not the document, nor the beiliefs behind it.

In other words, you're a piece of ****, and any ancestor of yours that died defending the nation would be ashamed of the mockery you've made out of their sacrifice.

I didn't say he didn't have the same rights. Just because you CAN doesn't mean it's okay and you SHOULD. I find it as distasteful that someone would flee their fouled nest (be it the UK or California) and come over here and try to forcefeed their politics on the locals as I do when the Catholics tried to forcefeed Christianity down the throats of the Indian tribes. They did it under the same banner of "getting along" and "progressing." It's a simple matter of respecting the culture you're in, and if you don't like it, simply remove yourself. Don't browbeat people to go along with you. When in Rome, baby. Hickenlooper has the same problem; on more than one occasion he's referred to Coloradans as either backward or most recently, in need of "maturation." Someone needs to tell him this isn't Philadelphia, apparently.

Oh no, a movie theater man called me a piece of ****. My day is RUINED, I tell you, RUINED... I shall never recover!

!Booya!

houghtam 03-27-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822067)
I didn't say he didn't have the same rights. Just because you CAN doesn't mean it's okay and you SHOULD. I find it as distasteful that someone would flee their fouled nest (be it the UK or California) and come over here and try to forcefeed their politics on the locals as I do when the Catholics tried to forcefeed Christianity down the throats of the Indian tribes. They did it under the same banner of "getting along" and "progressing." It's a simple matter of respecting the culture you're in, and if you don't like it, simply remove yourself. Don't browbeat people to go along with you. When in Rome, baby. Hickenlooper has the same problem; on more than one occasion he's referred to Coloradans as either backward or most recently, in need of "maturation." Someone needs to tell him this isn't Philadelphia, apparently.

Oh no, a movie theater man called me a piece of ****. My day is RUINED, I tell you, RUINED... I shall never recover!

!Booya!

Yep. When in Rome, don't go along with racist requests in clear violation of employment law.

You're a walking contradiction.

DenverBrit 03-27-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822051)
I'm not ashamed at all - I don't call a racist agitator like Gandhi a great man while sitting on a bull**** moral high chair lobbing righteous accusations of racism at people I don't like.

You only cry xenophobia because you don't want to live in Britain. And you know what? I don't blame you. I wouldn't live there, either.

You just can't help lying, it's pathological with you.

03-27-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3822071)
Yep. When in Rome, don't go along with racist requests in clear violation of employment law.

You're a walking contradiction.

Non sequitur.

W*GS 03-27-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822052)
Of course I'm far more American than he is. I had an ancestor in the New Jersey Line of the Continental Army during the Revoltionary War, in specific. Others, I'm not sure where they fought.

You're a dork.

03-27-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 3822077)
You're a dork.

You belong to MENSA.

03-27-2013 12:07 PM

I'd hate to see Brit's track record with women.

If we apply his political mentality to the opposite sex, what we'd see is that he would voluntarily move in with someone whose views he cannot stand and instead of either admitting you accept that person as they are or GTFO, he instead refuses to leave and endlessly b****es at her trying to armtwist her into going along with his way of doing things.

Some people just can't take a hint.

W*GS 03-27-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822080)
You belong to MENSA.

You're a newbie compared to my ancestry.

GTFO.

Fedaykin 03-27-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822064)
It's a reference to adequate mastery of one's weapon. There is ample reference to that end.

I think the issue of what is meant by "the militia" is more important. That can be found here.

Incorrect. It means a militia that is organized and well disciplined (i.e. having a command structure and enforced rules of behavior), well trained (as in well trained in military style combat) , AND to be proficient with their weapons. In other words, 'well regulated militia' is one that is a cohesive, effective fighting force comparable to, but separate from a professional army.

It does not mean or require that it be government run (in fact it implies that it should not be), but it also does not mean a bunch of unorganized, untrained, undisciplined rednecks with guns.

03-27-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 3822082)
You're a newbie compared to my ancestry.

GTFO.

Oh? I had ancestors in New Amsterdam by at least 1650, possibly the late 1620s.

How many of yours owned slaves? I can't find any of mine that did.

DenverBrit 03-27-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822056)
At least you admit you voted with your feet.

Every immigrant does, including your ancestors, unless they were on a slave ship.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821670)
I have no dislike or fear of people from other countries, that's a strawman.

The UK does indeed suck dog ass.

Right, you're not a xenophobe. ::)

Being lectured by a bigoted, anti-American Marxist trying to claim they are a superior American is irony gold.

Fedaykin 03-27-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822081)
I'd hate to see Brit's track record with women.

If we apply his political mentality to the opposite sex, what we'd see is that he would voluntarily move in with someone whose views he cannot stand and instead of either admitting you accept that person as they are or GTFO, he instead refuses to leave and endlessly b****es at her trying to armtwist her into going along with his way of doing things.

Some people just can't take a hint.

TMI. We don't need to hear about the failures of your love life as projected on to others.

03-27-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedaykin (Post 3822085)
Incorrect. It means a militia that is organized and well disciplined (i.e. having a command structure and enforced rules of behavior), well trained (as in well trained in military style combat) , AND to be proficient with their weapons. In other words, 'well regulated militia' is one that is a cohesive, effective fighting force comparable to, but separate from a professional army.

It does not mean or require that it be government run (in fact it implies that it should not be), but it also does not mean a bunch of unorganized, untrained, undisciplined rednecks with guns.

This is basically what I just said. Proficiency with weapons.

If the people are a fighting force comparable to that of a professional army, I assume you consider the laws outlawing possession of automatic weapons by the people to be unconstitutional. What we are allowed to currently possess isn't remotely what our professional fighting forces have. The feds are trying to outlaw our owning semiauto rifles that fire 60 rounds a minute while our professional soldiers have fully auto rifles that fire upwards of 6,000 rounds a minute.

Also, the government doesn't look kindly when the people wish to receive military combat training. To this day they still spy on militia groups who do just that. Illegal? Unconstitutional?

03-27-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3822089)
Being lectured by a bigoted, anti-American Marxist trying to claim they are a superior American is irony gold.

If you want bigots, look at your "great man" Gandhi and no further. If you can't condemn that guy for racially instigating Indians against blacks, you have no business crying foul elsewhere.

Hilarious!

03-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedaykin (Post 3822091)
TMI. We don't need to hear about the failures of your love life as projected on to others.

Very relevant and manly response. Cheers.

DenverBrit 03-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822081)
I'd hate to see Brit's track record with women.

If we apply his political mentality to the opposite sex, what we'd see is that he would voluntarily move in with someone whose views he cannot stand and instead of either admitting you accept that person as they are or GTFO, he instead refuses to leave and endlessly b****es at her trying to armtwist her into going along with his way of doing things.

Some people just can't take a hint.

You're trying way too hard. Your hole is deep enough, you can stop digging now.

03-27-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3822097)
You're trying way too hard. Your hole is deep enough, you can stop digging now.

In other words you have no defense for yourself.

I feel you, dog.

Evasive maneuvers, number one!

W*GS 03-27-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3822086)
Oh? I had ancestors in New Amsterdam by at least 1650, possibly the late 1620s.

My ancestor Anna Richards died in MA in 1627.

Newbie.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.