The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Do guns save lives? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110554)

Fedaykin 03-26-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821455)
No what you are trying to make it out to be. Do your research.

Nice attempt at evading the question. I see you're taking honesty lessons from cutlet. At this point, I have not "make it out" to be anything. I'm curious if YOU know what the meaning of that word is in the context of the time and place it was used.

Fedaykin 03-26-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821455)
No what you are trying to make it out to be. Do your research.

Nice attempt at evading the question. I see you're taking honesty lessons from cutlet. At this point, I have not "make it out" to be anything. I'm curious if YOU know what the meaning of that word is in the context of the time and place it was used.

DenverBrit 03-26-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821476)
Xenophobia. Teh lulz. What the hell is that? It seems to me that if anyone is "phobic" about anything, it's you with regard to your dislike for living in the country of your birth.

You come all this way to whine and trash people. Seriously, that is just pathetic.

A pro-gun control Brit. I think perhaps you should have stayed home, since you clearly prefer mom's cooking better.

Try learning English, it's what we Americans use for a language.
Quote:

Xenophobia is a dislike or fear of people from other countries
No, I came all this way to be a 'job creator.'

But carry on making an ass of yourself.

03-26-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3821484)
Try learning English, it's what we Americans use for a language.


No, I came all this way to be a 'job creator.'

But carry on making an ass of yourself.

I have no dislike or fear of people from other countries, that's a strawman. You came here to do business because the business climate in the UK sucks ass due to oppressive taxation.

Nobody with half a brain in their head would move somewhere they don't like, just to whine about it. Why rent a house if you think the place is a dump and the neighbors redneck bums?

That brings us back to UK suckage.

03-26-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedaykin (Post 3821483)
Nice attempt at evading the question. I see you're taking honesty lessons from cutlet. At this point, I have not "make it out" to be anything. I'm curious if YOU know what the meaning of that word is in the context of the time and place it was used.

Dude, 'regulated' doesn't mean modern concepts of gun control, and that's what the ban crowd is always trying to push.

DenverBrit 03-26-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821670)
I have no dislike or fear of people from other countries, that's a strawman. You came here to do business because the business climate in the UK sucks ass due to oppressive taxation.

Nobody with half a brain in their head would move somewhere they don't like, just to whine about it. Why rent a house if you think the place is a dump and the neighbors redneck bums?

That brings us back to UK suckage.

So now you know what brought me to the US? You're clueless.

You've made an ass of yourself, and now you want to dig that hole deeper.

I'll give you a hint, though so far you've demonstrated an inability to grasp anything more complex than a cellphone camera.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hint: US corporate tax rates are a combined 39% the UK rates are a combined 28% and dropping to 21% in 2014. Idiot! :rofl:

03-26-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3821698)
Hint: US corporate tax rates are a combined 39% the UK rates are a combined 28% and dropping to 21% in 2014. Idiot! :rofl:

There's good reason you only mentioned corporate tax rates:

UK tax rate 'one of the highest'

Someone who was on the equivalent of 25,000 US dollars in the UK would get to keep only 83.2% of their income, compared with 100% if they earned it in Dubai, 95.7% in Ireland and just over 90% in Japan and the United States.

"Achieving a more sustainable fiscal position will be difficult without raising taxes, but higher taxes are likely to hinder economic growth.

"The 50% tax rate on people earning more than 150,000 a year, combined with increases in national insurance, has undoubtedly made the UK less attractive to high earners. Many of these people will be highly skilled and they are usually very mobile."

--------------------------------------------

Clearly greed and UK suckage brought you here and not an admiration for this country or its principles, and that's part of the problem.

You can either get used to it or die a miserable man. Take your pick. :thumbsup:

DenverBrit 03-26-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821715)
There's good reason you only mentioned corporate tax rates:

UK tax rate 'one of the highest'

Someone who was on the equivalent of 25,000 US dollars in the UK would get to keep only 83.2% of their income, compared with 100% if they earned it in Dubai, 95.7% in Ireland and just over 90% in Japan and the United States.

"Achieving a more sustainable fiscal position will be difficult without raising taxes, but higher taxes are likely to hinder economic growth.

"The 50% tax rate on people earning more than 150,000 a year, combined with increases in national insurance, has undoubtedly made the UK less attractive to high earners. Many of these people will be highly skilled and they are usually very mobile."

--------------------------------------------

Clearly greed and UK suckage brought you here and not an admiration for this country or its principles, and that's part of the problem.

You can either get used to it or die a miserable man. Take your pick. :thumbsup:

Yes, because those are the taxes that affect me most. Keep reaching.

You obviously know nothing about being taxed on citizenship vs residency.

Another hint: Business is not what brought me to the US.
My admiration for the Founders has been posted throughout the WRP thread, your suppositions couldn't be further off the mark, but that's normal for you.

Criticism of clowns like you does not make me Anti-American, on the contrary, that's exactly what citizens should do; it's called Democracy.

You're way out of your depth, stick to hospital bill collecting.

Requiem 03-26-2013 03:56 PM

Didn't you hear Brit? Nyuk is more American than you because her ancestors fought in the revolutionary war and colonized Ohio. Everyone else is worthless but her.

03-26-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3821730)
Yes, because those are the taxes that affect me most. Keep reaching.

You obviously know nothing about being taxed on citizenship vs residency.

Another hint: Business is not what brought me to the US.
My admiration for the Founders has been posted throughout the WRP thread, your suppositions couldn't be further off the mark, but that's normal for you.

Criticism of clowns like you does not make me Anti-American, on the contrary, that's exactly what citizens should do; it's called Democracy.

You're way out of your depth, stick to hospital bill collecting.

Great then quit harping on what the Founders wrote for this country, referring to gun owners in demeaning terms. Bottom line is you moved somewhere and you don't like it. Things CAN be done about that.

And enjoy your lower taxes while you're here.

03-26-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3821733)
Didn't you hear Brit? Nyuk is more American than you because her ancestors fought in the revolutionary war and colonized Ohio. Everyone else is worthless but her.

You've spent a lot of time pouring over my posts. If you have a crush on me, try starting with some flowers.

DenverBrit 03-26-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821747)
Great then quit harping on what the Founders wrote for this country, referring to gun owners in demeaning terms. Bottom line is you moved somewhere and you don't like it. Things CAN be done about that.

And enjoy your lower taxes while you're here.

So you've gone from American hating Marxist to Totalitarian Nazi. PMS much?

houghtam 03-26-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821747)
Great then quit harping on what the Founders wrote for this country, referring to gun owners in demeaning terms. Bottom line is you moved somewhere and you don't like it. Things CAN be done about that.

And enjoy your lower taxes while you're here.

Yep, it's called activism. It's one of the most sincere forms of patriotism. You just don't agree with his premise. People do have a right to be critical of the US, even those who did more to become a citizen than just be lucky enough to be born here.

houghtam 03-26-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3821765)
So you've gone from American hating Marxist to Totalitarian Nazi. PMS much?

I think you used the wrong term. Same symptoms, wrong diagnosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_male_syndrome

DenverBrit 03-26-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3821733)
Didn't you hear Brit? Nyuk is more American than you because her ancestors fought in the revolutionary war and colonized Ohio. Everyone else is worthless but her.


Her ancestors would be proud of her anti-American, Marxist activities.

DenverBrit 03-26-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3821766)
Yep, it's called activism. It's one of the most sincere forms of patriotism. You just don't agree with his premise. People do have a right to be critical of the US, even those who did more to become a citizen than just be lucky enough to be born here.

What could be more American than voting with one's feet and succeeding.

Only a bitter Communist Harpy could possibly resent that.

DenverBrit 03-26-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3821768)
I think you used the wrong term. Same symptoms, wrong diagnosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_male_syndrome

Ah, low 'T,' my bad.

03-26-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3821765)
So you've gone from American hating Marxist to Totalitarian Nazi. PMS much?

This from the guy that called racist instigator Gandhi a "great man" in spite of him using his newspaper column to racially instigate Indians to go after the blacks. You can't make this **** up.

Derp! :thumbs:

You're not the brightest bulb.

This thread is about whether or not guns save lives, not whether or not certain posters want to stalk others thread to thread and scream and stomp their feet like children.

Focus, folks, focus.

Requiem 03-26-2013 07:41 PM

Gandhi was a great man.

DenverBrit 03-26-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821842)
This from the guy that called racist instigator Gandhi a "great man" in spite of him using his newspaper column to racially instigate Indians to go after the blacks. You can't make this **** up.

Derp! :thumbs:

You're not the brightest bulb.

This thread is about whether or not guns save lives, not whether or not certain posters want to stalk others thread to thread and scream and stomp their feet like children.

Focus, folks, focus.

A lame diversion away from your Marxist, anti-Americanism and xenophobia.

You are right to be ashamed.

TonyR 03-27-2013 07:52 AM

I haven't read through all of this nonsense but am posting the following links in direct contradiction to Dr. Bronc's posts on the first page of this thread.

Evidence that widespread gun ownership doesn't translate into successful uprisings against oppressive government:
http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/...hips_people_do

Dismantling of the myth pushed by gun activists that Hitler's rise was aided by gun control laws:
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news...-the-holocaust

Fedaykin 03-27-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3821672)
Dude, 'regulated' doesn't mean modern concepts of gun control, and that's what the ban crowd is always trying to push.

More silly diversions. Care to actually answer the question honestly?

Do you, or do you not know what the word 'regulated' means in the context of the 2nd amendment?

03-27-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3821863)
Gandhi was a great man.

If you also think he was great, then you're in no position to cry racism - ever. Thus this displays, yet again, that protestations of "racism" among other things aren't in earnest and are absolutely selective and thus invalid.

The guy wrote a newspaper article in Africa agitating Indians to go after the blacks. You know that, right? Here's some context: David Duke never even did that.

03-27-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedaykin (Post 3822025)
More silly diversions. Care to actually answer the question honestly?

Do you, or do you not know what the word 'regulated' means in the context of the 2nd amendment?

I already answered - it doesn't mean modern liberal notions of gun control. I've actually pasted quotes from the Founders and others that put that term in context.

03-27-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3821883)
A lame diversion away from your Marxist, anti-Americanism and xenophobia.

You are right to be ashamed.

I'm not ashamed at all - I don't call a racist agitator like Gandhi a great man while sitting on a bull**** moral high chair lobbing righteous accusations of racism at people I don't like.

You only cry xenophobia because you don't want to live in Britain. And you know what? I don't blame you. I wouldn't live there, either.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.