The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Shaun Phillips (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110844)

Drek 04-27-2013 02:17 PM

More productive than both Freeney and Abraham last season, cheaper, and likely far more motivated. Sounds like a good signing to me. He likely can also be moved to the situational role Doom should have been playing, freeing up more snaps for Ayers and Jackson.

eddie mac 04-27-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan (Post 3838747)
So we signed the ****tiest of the three available big pass rushing FA's.

I know Charger fans didn't give a **** about him going.

Cool!

The Chargers brass wanted him back though which is more important than any fanbase. According to Lombardi though Phillips was only interested in signing for Denver and his agent has been knocking our door for the last 2 weeks.

txtebow 04-27-2013 02:35 PM

He's insurance for a Von Miller injury as well as a 3rd down specialist type........

txtebow 04-27-2013 02:39 PM

Now let's sign Urlacher for peanuts and play him on 1st and 2nd down (and the leadership he'll bring) and let's watch us battle the Niners @ the new Meadowlands next February in what should've been a REMATCH of this past year's Super Bowl (just like SB 32 should've been a rematch of SB 31 when we sh*t the bed against JAX and the Pats played GB instead)............

Tombstone RJ 04-27-2013 02:44 PM

solid vet signing, nothing flashy, just solid. Very much like all the other FA signings outside of Manning...

DBroncos4life 04-27-2013 02:58 PM

Since his rookie year in '04, only D. Ware and T. Suggs have more sacks than Shaun Phillips (69.5) among NFL OLBs.

04-27-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMarsh615 (Post 3838666)
He sucks, has for the past few years. Would have much rather gotten Freeney or Abraham.

Had 9.5 sacks last year. As long as they didn't pay him much, it's a quality signing.

R8R H8R 04-27-2013 03:24 PM

This is a very good signing.

To the naysayers-- He's not going to start! He wasn't signed for that. Most likely, Ayers is the starter, and this guy steps in on passing downs. Much better value than Freeney or Abraham at 6 mil per year at their age.

Besides, he wants a ring, and wants to play for a contender. If Freeney was anywhere near as motivated to play with Manning as we were lead to believe, he would have dropped his price and signed weeks ago.

Old Dude 04-27-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba Booey (Post 3838751)
Aside from Rivers, this guy was the antichrist for me with San Diego.

Hopefully he can make me like him.

I don't know if I can deal with this. It will be like watching Bruce Dern playing the Lone Ranger.

Atwater His Ass 04-27-2013 03:55 PM

Or Elway could have just got off his high horse and re-signed Doom.

Instead we get an old chargers re-tread. Wow. So excited.

barryr 04-27-2013 03:57 PM

A good signing to help with more options in rushing the passer. There's nothing to complain about with this.

Harvitz81 04-27-2013 04:00 PM

I can't help but hate the guy when he was a sparkler, but I guess I will warm up fast to rooting for him now that he is a Bronco.

I expect him to be our situational pass rusher and get 300-500 snaps on the season. Ayers will start and I bet Smith is put on IR for the year to save him from waivers and to develop for the long term.

Pretty solid signing for the price. Prefer him to Freeney or Abraham in the same role.

extralife 04-27-2013 04:20 PM

**** this guy

Tombstone RJ 04-27-2013 04:22 PM

Broncos have to ex-sparklers... both solid and will help this team.

04-27-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass (Post 3839196)
Or Elway could have just got off his high horse and re-signed Doom.

Instead we get an old chargers re-tread. Wow. So excited.

Get over it.

Chris 04-27-2013 04:22 PM

Helps the team. He's a douchebag though.

baja 04-27-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3839267)
Helps the team. He's a douchebag though.

Think that is why Elway fills the locker room with high character guys so we can take in a guy like Phillips once an a while.

Our locker room and coaching staff will make him a better team mate and a more motivated player

gyldenlove 04-27-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3839295)
Think that is why Elway fills the locker room with high character guys so we can take in a guy like Phillips once an a while.

Our locker room and coaching staff will make him a better team mate and a more motivated player

Either that or Manning will have Knighton sit on him for a while.... you do not **** with the Peyton

baja 04-27-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3839308)
Either that or Manning will have Knighton sit on him for a while.... you do not **** with the Peyton

So true. What a blessing we got the Peyton. ;D

pricejj 04-27-2013 04:58 PM

Broncos just got Chargers 2 best players from 2012. ha ha

kent156 04-27-2013 05:01 PM

I hear romo was a douchebag he did well for us I also hear phillips is good at covering tight ends give me some of that

Boltjolt 04-27-2013 05:20 PM

Phillips is alright but he rubs you the wrong way. Not a clutch player by any means but will get you 7 on up to 10 sacks and will miss sacks and tackles too.
Party guy who will help the local bars/clubs stay in business. Dont follow him on Twitter or you will learn to hate him.....although he is probably just a 1 year rental so maybe not but the guy is an idiot. Runs his mouth and says stupid s**t. Oh and tell Von not to hang out with him.....hmm, or on second thought ;)

I actually really like the Quantares Smith pick. I was holping we would draft him there in the 5th.

Boltjolt 04-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3839326)
Broncos just got Chargers 2 best players from 2012. ha ha

Um, not really. Phillips is just a little above average and Vasquez, the same. We always called Phillips "the other guy"...lol. And now opposite Miller, he is once again the other guy.

Tombstone RJ 04-27-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltjolt (Post 3839351)
Phillips is alright but he rubs you the wrong way. Not a clutch player by any means but will get you 7 on up to 10 sacks and will miss sacks and tackles too.
Party guy who will help the local bars/clubs stay in business. Dont follow him on Twitter or you will learn to hate him.....although he is probably just a 1 year rental so maybe not but the guy is an idiot. Runs his mouth and says stupid s**t. Oh and tell Von not to hang out with him.....hmm, or on second thought ;)

I actually really like the Quantares Smith pick. I was holping we would draft him there in the 5th.

how do you feel about Teo?

errand 04-27-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3838746)
Broncos aren't going to pay Freeney 6 mil to play on 3rd downs. Its just not going to happen. They want that situational pass rusher to be someone they get for 2-3 million at the most.

Not to mention they drafted Smith who can be that 3rd down pass rusher


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.