The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   JDR named interim coach (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112842)

slatimer 11-04-2013 08:31 AM

JDR named interim coach

per Jason L.

Popps 11-04-2013 08:33 AM

In a football sense, we are extremely lucky to have this caliber of a coach to step in.

Get well Foxy!

Rohirrim 11-04-2013 08:37 AM

I couldn't imagine it would be anybody else.

TheElusiveKyleOrton 11-04-2013 08:38 AM

Glad to hear it. Will he still be calling defensive plays?

socalorado 11-04-2013 08:38 AM

Get well Fox.
Thankfully DEN has HC B on retainer to step in.
DEN wont miss a beat. If anything, i think DEN plays even more aggressive, and Manning takes the offense into overdrive.

Kaylore 11-04-2013 08:41 AM

Del Rio is a decent coach and we have a lot of talented coordinators. This is also a veteran team and the captains will make sure we rally around Del Rio for the final stretch.

t-diddy 11-04-2013 08:46 AM

Picture of Lombardi Trophy

slatimer 11-04-2013 08:49 AM

JDR will still be calling defense as well. Basically Manning will make all offensive decisions so really JDR just will be standing in a different part of the sideline.

BroncoBeavis 11-04-2013 08:50 AM

Never been happier to have JDR on board.

That will be until I find out that the one thing they still leave Foxy responsible for is phoning in the challenge flag decisions.

No offense, Foxy. :)

HILife 11-04-2013 08:52 AM

no surprise their.

EDIT: I meant there. Thank you for so kindly correcting me, Kaylore.

Kaylore 11-04-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HILife (Post 3960397)
no surprise their.

There = location.

Their = ownership.

They're = condition of a group.

SoCalBronco 11-04-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popps (Post 3960376)
In a football sense, we are extremely lucky to have this caliber of a coach to step in.

Get well Foxy!

Agreed

slatimer 11-04-2013 09:05 AM

:rofl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3960399)
There = location.

Their = ownership.

They're = condition of a group.

stagger lee 11-04-2013 09:20 AM

Glad we have a coach the caliber of JDR on staff.
Get well soon Coach Fox!

Drunken.Broncoholic2 11-04-2013 09:27 AM

If Fox was like some other HCs in the league where he calls plays on one side of the ball I could see this as a disruption to the team on Sundays. But since Gase and JDR have those duties I don't see the team looking much different on game day. In fact I expect better use of challenges/time outs.

Where it will affect the team is during the weeks. Game film, planning etc. fox has a fantastic football mind and that won't be there preparing for games.

fontaine 11-04-2013 09:33 AM

This isn't good.

The amount of time the HC has to spend with media, roster transactions, game day decisions, and so on really take up a lot of time. All time taken away from actually looking at the defense.

Kaylore 11-04-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontaine (Post 3960424)
This isn't good.

The amount of time the HC has to spend with media, roster transactions, game day decisions, and so on really take up a lot of time. All time taken away from actually looking at the defense.

Del Rio has done this before. He's got almost a decade of experience handling all those responsibilities. I am sure he will lean on his coordinators a bit, but I don't expect a dramatic step back if there even is one at all.

24champ 11-04-2013 09:37 AM

Will JDR wear a suit on the sidelines?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c095CXgaNL...ck-del-rio.jpg

Like a boss.

Beantown Bronco 11-04-2013 09:48 AM

The only important question:

What's JDR's record in Jacksonville in terms of challenge flags?

Kaylore 11-04-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3960433)
The only important question:

What's JDR's record in Jacksonville in terms of challenge flags?

Follow up: Going for it on fourth and short when just outside field goal range.

fontaine 11-04-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3960426)
Del Rio has done this before. He's got almost a decade of experience handling all those responsibilities. I am sure he will lean on his coordinators a bit, but I don't expect a dramatic step back if there even is one at all.

Done what? Juggle DC/HC jobs? That's news to me. I thought he had a DC in Jax?

I know what you're saying though, but when there's a certain amount of work that needs to be done (film study, going over defensive calls, scouting an opponent, etc) as a DC then there's no getting away from that. These guys already spend 10-12 hours a day doing one job, trying to do two now is when sh*t happens.

Case in point, look at KC's defense last year and this year. Outside one one/two players it's the same personnel but now with a full time DC instead of Crennel stupidly trying to do both HC/DC gigs and sucking at both because of it.

Kid A 11-04-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24champ (Post 3960427)
Will JDR wear a suit on the sidelines?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c095CXgaNL...ck-del-rio.jpg

Like a boss.

You remember when he and Mike Nolan were wearing suits and the NFL, because of its monster Reebok contract, changed the rules to only let them wear suits twice a year, and they had to be Reebok created suits?

What I'm saying is I want JDR in a bright orange, Nike designed three piece for the Sunday night Chiefs game.

fontaine 11-04-2013 09:54 AM

I personally think this sucks.

We're down one HC who the players really liked playing for and respected. And now we're down a quality DC because he's moved to HC.

I would have preferred Studsville be promoted to interim HC if only to deal with all the media bullcrap so Gase/JDR can continue to focus on their units.

Beantown Bronco 11-04-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid A (Post 3960436)
I want JDR in a bright orange, Nike designed three piece for the Sunday night Chiefs game.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7MHADtpEegA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis 11-04-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontaine (Post 3960435)
Done what? Juggle DC/HC jobs? That's news to me. I thought he had a DC in Jax?

I know what you're saying though, but when there's a certain amount of work that needs to be done (film study, going over defensive calls, scouting an opponent, etc) as a DC then there's no getting away from that. These guys already spend 10-12 hours a day doing one job, trying to do two now is when sh*t happens.

Case in point, look at KC's defense last year and this year. Outside one one/two players it's the same personnel but now with a full time DC instead of Crennel stupidly trying to do both HC/DC gigs and sucking at both because of it.

I'm not sure Crennel lacking an assistant at DC is really what ailed KC. :)