The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Don't forget this guy is also a Bonus for Dline (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114844)

KansasBronco 03-12-2014 12:54 PM

Don't forget this guy is also a Bonus for Dline

All these free agent signings, plus we get back Miller, Clady, Moore and Wolfe. I think a lot of people forget about Quanterus. Might of been a first round pick if it wasn't for that knee injury late his senior year. He could be a hidden gem.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/ro...1-7ad2ded93349

Pick Six 03-12-2014 01:57 PM

Last year proved how valuable quality depth really is. I hope Quanterus turns out to be that quality depth...:thumbs:

Kaylore 03-12-2014 02:17 PM

Q and McCray will be back healthy next season and I'm convinced at least one of them is going to be a very good player for us.

stoxman 03-12-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 4072306)
Q and McCree will be back healthy next season and I'm convinced at least one of them is going to be a very good player for us.

Agreed 100%

ludo21 03-12-2014 02:32 PM

Yaaaaa for IR draft picks who hid out all year to come back roaring!

91BRONCO 03-12-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Q and McCray will be back healthy next season and I'm convinced at least one of them is going to be a very good player for us.

I'm big on both of those guys. Who knows, maybe we get a little lucky and discover we already have that additional edge rusher on our roster.

Reminds me a bit of when we drafted Dumervile- a lot of people weren't expecting a lot out of him because of his stature but it sure was nice to get an elite rusher later in the draft.

KansasBronco 03-12-2014 03:16 PM

Vickerson, Sylvester, and Pot roast at tackle with Miller, Ware, Wolfe, Malik Jackson and maybe Quanterus as a dark horse. That's a line my friends.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 03-12-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

If one of these guys comes online strong would be a coup! Even in a back up roll. Elway: WIN FROM NOW ON!

IndelibleScribe 03-12-2014 03:32 PM

I think both will do well for us this season. Though this does beg the question of how much it will factor into where Irving plays. Mc is a hybrid SAM & DE, as is Von and Ware.
Irving is a SAM at present.

Fitzy47 03-12-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 4072443)
I think both will do well for us this season. Though this does beg the question of how much it will factor into where Irving plays. Mc is a hybrid SAM & DE, as is Von and Ware.

I bet they try him at MIKE. He's got the size to play Mike and handle blocks (unlike WW and Trev), plus he looked decent in coverage at SAM when Von went down (Super Bowl touchdown save comes to mind).

Bronc0guy 03-12-2014 03:56 PM

As much as I would love for elway to pick up smith from Baltimore in FA, my gut tells me they're gonna give Irving a whack at mike.

BMORE 03-12-2014 03:56 PM

I didn't forget about Q, after all I called it!

stoxman 03-12-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronc0guy (Post 4072456)
As much as I would love for elway to pick up smith from Baltimore in FA, my gut tells me they're gonna give Irving a whack at mike.

That might be the case but they did try for Beason so that says they aren't 100% all in on Irving.

Smith would just be insane. We would have upgraded every part of the field on defense (DL, CB, S, and LB).

SonOfLe-loLang 03-12-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy47 (Post 4072448)
I bet they try him at MIKE. He's got the size to play Mike and handle blocks (unlike WW and Trev), plus he looked decent in coverage at SAM when Von went down (Super Bowl touchdown save comes to mind).

I think he tries and fails at mike each and every off season

IndelibleScribe 03-12-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

I think that might happen but at the same time.
Do they move him and deplete the depth? It all depends on how each player is viewed.
We know they view Von as a LB. If they view McCree and Ware that way then a move back to MLB is likely.

Bronc0guy 03-12-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 4072474)
I think that might happen but at the same time.
Do they move him and deplete the depth? It all depends on how each player is viewed.
We know they view Von as a LB. If they view McCree and Ware that way then a move back to MLB is likely.

True that. He would make for great depth staying put where he is. I'm hoping for Darly Smith, until I see that he has signed elsewhere I'm gonna hold out hope Elway has another trick up his sleeve. I could be getting greedy at this point but after these past 30 hours, I'm not putting anything past Elway. :notworthy

Bronc0guy 03-12-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoxman (Post 4072468)
That might be the case but they did try for Beason so that says they aren't 100% all in on Irving.

Smith would just be insane. We would have upgraded every part of the field on defense (DL, CB, S, and LB).

I would possibly cream myself. For the fourth time.

broncosteven 03-12-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoxman (Post 4072468)

I agree that they did make an effort to upgrade MLB by going after Beason. It is nice to see that Elway can see and attacked the D's needs in FA even if he couldn't get everyone.

With all the other major holes filled having one weak spot that they have undervalued for the entire time Elway and Fox have been building this team isn't too shabby!

Plus we still have the draft to look forward to.

It was a big deal that we hit on Trevathan when we did or things could be worse at Will and MLB

theAPAOps5 03-12-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Yes, because it worked so splendidly last year. Maybe he makes leaps and bounds, and is the Mike through the whole preseason this time.... then again maybe not. Hopefully they draft/sign a real one.

Bronc0guy 03-12-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 4072631)
Yes, because it worked so splendidly last year. Maybe he makes leaps and bounds, and is the Mike through the whole preseason this time.... then again maybe not. Hopefully they draft/sign a real one.

Didn't say I think they SHOULD do that. I don't.

91BRONCO 03-12-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 4072443)

Scheme versatility...

kdissette 03-13-2014 07:41 AM

we need a leader for the middle....and that wont be coming from a rookie thats for sure....i say we get smith however we can to at least give us some kind of reliable proven leader to handle all these big egos on the field....champ was our general before and that is the one thing we are lacking right now.

Action 03-13-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdissette (Post 4072946)
we need a leader for the middle....and that wont be coming from a rookie thats for sure....i say we get smith however we can to at least give us some kind of reliable proven leader to handle all these big egos on the field....champ was our general before and that is the one thing we are lacking right now.

You are under estimating wares leadership. He was the only one that would step up Dez during his anger rampages....