The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Around the NFL - 2018 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=129673)

DomCasual 02-14-2018 11:41 PM

Around the NFL - 2018
 
I’ll be shutting down the 2017 Around the NFL thread. 2018 is going to be better than 2017!

IndelibleScribe 02-14-2018 11:51 PM

My thoughts? We got Loren Landow and people are still b****ing about VJ as HC.

I am curious to see what happens with Cobb and GB. Would love to see him signed in Denver at the right price.

With regards to the mock where Casserly has us taking Davenport over Chubb.
Davenport is one hell of a talent and someone I believe can shoot up draft boards to be a top 5 pick, not sure you take him over Chubb but I don't think Chubb makes it out of the top 4 picks either.

With that said, there is a reason Casserly is a former NFL GM. He is as bad as Polian at talent evaluation and acquisition.

TheCoachBear 02-15-2018 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe (Post 5186673)
My thoughts? We got Loren Landow and people are still b****ing about VJ as HC.

I am curious to see what happens with Cobb and GB. Would love to see him signed in Denver at the right price.

With regards to the mock where Casserly has us taking Davenport over Chubb.
Davenport is one hell of a talent and someone I believe can shoot up draft boards to be a top 5 pick, not sure you take him over Chubb but I don't think Chubb makes it out of the top 4 picks either.

With that said, there is a reason Casserly is a former NFL GM. He is as bad as Polian at talent evaluation and acquisition.

I donít see Chubb or Davenport going top 5. You think Cobb has enough left in the tank??

ColoradoDarin 02-15-2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoachBear (Post 5186720)
I donít see Chubb or Davenport going top 5. You think Cobb has enough left in the tank??

Chubb is going to beast. I would love for us to take him at 5 to pair with Von.

Requiem 02-15-2018 06:28 AM

Casserly also said Denver should trade Von Miller to the Browns for #4 overall too. Lol.

Ratboy 02-15-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 5186732)
Chubb is going to beast. I would love for us to take him at 5 to pair with Von.

Does he even fit in a 3-4? Tired of trying to fit players where they do not belong.

GoneFishin' 02-15-2018 08:35 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Larry Fitzgerald WILL play in 2018. That news comes via <a href="https://twitter.com/AZCardinals?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AZCardinals</a> coach Steve Wilks, who revealed the news this morning on <a href="https://twitter.com/AZSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@azsports</a> after talking to Fitz. Important piece of the offense – obviously.</p>&mdash; Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/964147095815925760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ludo21 02-15-2018 09:15 AM

Fitz is chasing #2 on the WR All Time lists in yards and catches.

He can realistically do it too, hopefully the Cards get the right QB for him, and guessing that he is back means the cards are going after one of the vet QBs in Free Agency for sure.

DENVERDUI55 02-15-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratboy (Post 5186803)
Does he even fit in a 3-4? Tired of trying to fit players where they do not belong.

You fit your scheme to the players. He would fit in great with a 4-3 under which Denver can easily run. Everyone gets so caught up in labeling 3-4 or 4-3 instead of gap responsibilities for a specific defense.

SouthStndJunkie 02-15-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 5186933)
Fitz is chasing #2 on the WR All Time lists in yards and catches.

He can realistically do it too, hopefully the Cards get the right QB for him, and guessing that he is back means the cards are going after one of the vet QBs in Free Agency for sure.

What's nuts is that Larry Fitzgerald has 1,234 receptions for 15,545 yards and 110 TDs and he won't come close to any of Jerry Rice's numbers.

Jerry Rice had 1,549 receptions. Fitz will be 35 years old next season. He's 315 receptions away. That would be 3 more seasons of 100+ receptions. That's probably the most realistic of the all-time records that Fitz could reach....but I highly doubt he breaks that record. Tony Gonzalez is 2nd all-time with 1,325 receptions, which is impressive.

Jerry Rice had 22,895 receiving yards. Fitz is 7,350 yards away from that record and won't come close to Rice's record.

Jerry Rice had 197 receiving TDs. Fitz has 110 receiving TDs, which places him 8th on the all-time list.

Kaylore 02-15-2018 11:24 AM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o6Zs...7Dy/source.gif

4Horsemen 02-15-2018 11:28 AM

is Radio still coach in this thread? hope not!

CEH 02-15-2018 11:36 AM

Casserly too me seems like a guy who will post his mock drafts based on talking to his contacts in the NFL rather than some in depth draft analysis.

Rick Gosslin use to do the same thing and would be the best mock drafter out there . He would post his final mock draft morning with insight from all his connections.

IndelibleScribe 02-15-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoachBear (Post 5186720)
I donít see Chubb or Davenport going top 5. You think Cobb has enough left in the tank??

Chubb is the best pass rusher in the draft depending on how you view Davenport...why would Chubb not go top 5?
He's NFL ready right now. Like potential Pro Bowl as a rookie ready.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 5186734)
Casserly also said Denver should trade Von Miller to the Browns for #4 overall too. Lol.

Casserly is a moron, Polian level.

maven 02-15-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 5186732)
Chubb is going to beast. I would love for us to take him at 5 to pair with Von.

Yep, I've been saying this for a while now.

I wonder how Walker fits into all this?

IndelibleScribe 02-15-2018 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 5187123)
Yep, I've been saying this for a while now.

I wonder how Walker fits into all this?

Walker is a DT who can provide inside pass rush so likely it would be Walker and Wolfe inside, Chubb and Von as the DE's in nickel situations, which is damn near our base defense.

maven 02-15-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe (Post 5187129)
Walker is a DT who can provide inside pass rush so likely it would be Walker and Wolfe inside, Chubb and Von as the DE's in nickel situations, which is damn near our base defense.

That sounds delicious

Send the pick in John

BroncosfanGuy 02-15-2018 11:53 AM

Chubb at 5 is one of my favorite scenarios in this year's draft

IndelibleScribe 02-15-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 5187134)
That sounds delicious

Send the pick in John

I just don't know that he makes it to #5 though.
If NYG are intent on not taking a QB #2 then Barkley or Chubb make the most sense for them.
NYG loves pass rushers, Gettleman loves pass rushers.
Indy at #3 also makes sense as they need a blue chip defensive player.

Barkley and Chubb are the 2 pieces that can swing this draft in a whole nother stratosphere. More so than the QB's, those 2 players will determine how this draft flows. Both could go anywhere from #1-#3 and make teams scramble.

This years draft is going to be fun and yet complex to watch.

champhalloffamer 02-15-2018 12:26 PM

Chubb would be a dream at 5. If we got Cousins then Barkley, Chubb or Nelson at 5 it would be sweet. We could also be a prime spot for a team looking for a QB to trade up, say the Bills offered 21 and 22, a 4th plus the tackle Cordy Glenn. We than have our right tackle to pair with Bolles and 21,22 and 40 to get impact players and 2 3rds and 3 4ths to load up or to trade up.

Give me Davenport DE/OLB, Edmunds or Smith at ILB, Hernandez or Wynn at Guard, Jones or Michel at RB. Take any 3 of these at 21,22 and 40 and were ready to rock into next season.

IndelibleScribe 02-15-2018 12:36 PM

Edmunds is an interesting prospect. He's not a big time pass rusher for an OLB, he's got a **** ton of untapped potential and could be a star in the NFL.

4Horsemen 02-15-2018 07:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeI8RRt0gVU

seems like real fun guy. i always laugh at this old video.

GoneFishin' 02-15-2018 07:45 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">5 finalists to host NFL Draft in 2019 or 2020: Denver, Nashville, KC, Las Vegas, Cleveland/Canton, Ohio. <a href="https://t.co/RH7BuP4lGh">https://t.co/RH7BuP4lGh</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/964221803496386566?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Beantown Bronco 02-15-2018 07:48 PM

Like it's going to be anywhere but Vegas. Please.

IndelibleScribe 02-15-2018 11:50 PM

Albert Breer projects franchise tag values

Quote:

So based on calculations off a $178 million cap (it’s expected to be higher than that, but that’s the working number teams were given), here are projections for the 2018 tags:

CB: $15.04 million
DE: $17.22 million
DT: $14.00 million
LB: $15.03 million
OL: $14.14 million
K/P: $4.96 million
QB: $23.29 million
RB: $11.90 million
S: $11.34 million
TE: $9.90 million
WR: $16.05 million


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.